Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112613 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #345 on: March 04, 2011, 05:13:21 pm »

So, it feels like a wagon but isn't? I find it amusing that you feel the need to intercede for him without actually addressing the points against him. Do you think people voting or suspecting him (or even bolding him, based on your list) is unreasonable based on the evidence?

Seems like you're trying to prevent your inexperienced scumbuddy from going down in flames once people suddenly realise how he's behaving.
Answered that at some point. It's an anomoly. Anomolies are suspicious.

(While typing this I noticed Person asked you similar questions, but I find your answers insufficient: why do you try to deviate the conversation, endorse the lynch SaintStupid plan, and utterly fail to give an opinion on the actual evidence arrayed against Zrk2? You say that there may be some scum on the wagons... no, really? given that almost every player is voting one or the other, I'd say it's pretty certain most scum are on one or the other or both; do you have a strong feeling of on which, or whom?)
Because he had the most votes by 2 and the day was about to end. No. I don't have a strong feeling about either.  Perhaps I will tomorrow (game terms).
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 04, 2011, 05:23:18 pm »

He denies the one thing that he can't be able to deny XD

I think "Just to see what happens" is the new random voting...

It's why you made me king, and claimed priest :P

my scum picks are now....

zrk2(really scummy attitude)
akheir(starting to seem scummy, and for less reason than zrk2, He has actually been successfully blending in the discussion with his vote on irony owl.)
and a tie between
You, Irony owl, and book(experience and good scumhunting is always suspicious)

Darvi is a close 4th

If I am right about one of these players being scum do I get a cookie?

Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #347 on: March 04, 2011, 05:28:47 pm »

Hmm, I guess I have not actually asked Zrk2 a question. I thought I had oh well. Will ask him one at the end of this post. On the matter of IronyOwl I said everything I thought about it alread but here let me summerize:
   I think Irony was blaming Super for something because of how he reacted to my first question. I felt that the way he was answering my questions was less of answering and more of trying to invalidate it by bring up the same things over and over such as claiming I was contradicting myself. Maybe its just me taking something out of proportion but whatever, I guess I am biased.
  I think SaintDraze is somewhat scummy for the trying to get a day 1 no lynch. I understand not wanting to die but still no lynch day 1 is no good. I am willing to give him some benefit of the doubt though so he is less scummy to me then Irony.
   I did not say I did not want to bandwagon. I said that voting for SaintDraze would do nothing much besides bandwagoning. I vote where I think scum is, not where it is safe to vote.
   If I was scum I would not have changed my vote because it was safe. All I had to do was comment every once in a while so as not to lurk and I could have gotten through the day without being noticed. Voting Zrk2 has done the opposite of what scum want which is Draw Attention. I knew that it would draw attention to myself and it is all because I think Zrk2 is More scummy then my other choices.

Zrk2, I can understand getting SaintDraze and Supercharazad mixed up but why even after asked you seem to not have actually given answers to the questions you where asked.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 04, 2011, 05:34:35 pm »

My scumhunt plan was originally to look into Book, since he is more experienced and I hoped to get a read on him, but I haven't been able to post enough to get much out of him.
Well if investigating Book was your previous plan,what's the current one ?

You should also take a good long look at a mirror, as all the reasons you cite for all three also apply to you.

I never random voted :/

SaintDraze: What are your scumpicks?

Not sure why you deem RV as something bad. Care to elaborate a bit ?

Breaking News! ( = Fake Edit):

He denies the one thing that he can't be able to deny XD What ?

I think "Just to see what happens" is the new random voting...

It's why you made me king, and claimed priest :P I guess by king you mean another game ?

my scum picks are now....

zrk2(really scummy attitude) Vague-O-meter is broken thanks to this...
akheir(starting to seem scummy, and for less reason than zrk2, He has actually been successfully blending in the discussion with his vote on irony owl.) Underlined: you mean you have less reason to vote or that he is less reasonable than zrk ?
and a tie between
You, Irony owl, and book(experience and good scumhunting is always suspicious) Do you plan on going with accusations like that? At least if you have only feeling about someone don't say it's because they play good...

Darvi is a close 4th

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 04, 2011, 05:46:41 pm »

Hmm, I guess I have not actually asked Zrk2 a question. I thought I had oh well. Will ask him one at the end of this post.
   I did not say I did not want to bandwagon. I said that voting for SaintDraze would do nothing much besides bandwagoning. I vote where I think scum is, not where it is safe to vote.
   If I was scum I would not have changed my vote because it was safe. All I had to do was comment every once in a while so as not to lurk and I could have gotten through the day without being noticed. Voting Zrk2 has done the opposite of what scum want which is Draw Attention.
You feel obliged to do towny-looking actions few times a day ? Your To-Do List consist of : Not get on justified bandwagon, change vote if it looks scummy, look towny trough  scumhunt - i need to ask questions to not look scummy! Also "if i were scum i would do otherwise" is wifom imo - scum could do both things and then say exactly what you said.  Besides that you put much thought on what in your actions looked scummy ,don't you ?

I knew that it would draw attention to myself and it is all because I think Zrk2 is More scummy then my other choices.

Zrk2, I can understand getting SaintDraze and Supercharazad mixed up but why even after asked you seem to not have actually given answers to the questions you where asked.
  If it so why you're not changed vote ? Because it would look scummy ? Also that's not question it's an reminder and buddying...

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #350 on: March 04, 2011, 05:53:55 pm »

Okay, lets be less obtuse.

Zrk2, why have you not answered you backlog of questions?

Tyberix, I think that Irony is more scummy then Saint. I also think Zrk2 is more scummy then Irony. I changed my vote not to draw attention, not to get on a bandwagon, or anything like that. I VOTED BECAUSE I THINK ZRK2 IS SCUM! I should have learned in Begginers to never mention any scumtactics and myself in the same sentence.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 04, 2011, 05:55:03 pm »

If I was scum I would not have changed my vote because it was safe.got a little wine on your palate i see. All I had to do was comment every once in a while so as not to lurk and I could have gotten through the day without being noticed. Voting Zrk2 has done the opposite of what scum want which is Draw Attention. I knew that it would draw attention to myself and it is all because I think Zrk2 is More scummy then my other choices.That can easily start a lot of WIFoM

Well since I am getting lynched what ever I say will affect what happens to night.
if only a little...

The only way to insure the ones who earn the advantage of my confirmed townie suggestion are the smart ones...

For every post I have posted I have left part of a secret message  ;)

Or did I?

to Tyberix-
he can't deny that he doesn't random vote because he has done some very random things in the past games...
!@#$!@# I need to stop posting about games that aren't relevant...
okay I will try to elaborate on my scum picks

Zrk2-...Pass...
akheir- I meant that he didn't need to really do much on the whole Pseudo bandwagon on zrk2 and just continue interrogating irony owl...

The three experienced players are just people that should be inspected... or blocked...

Damn it tyberix you ninja'd me....
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 04, 2011, 06:05:13 pm »

Only if you actually do something to get them lynched- calling it and then sitting around while nothing happens doesn't earn you anything, especially if you get yourself lynched in the meantime.

Well since I am getting lynched what ever I say will affect what happens to night.
if only a little...

The only way to insure the ones who earn the advantage of my confirmed townie suggestion are the smart ones...
So instead of spending your final moments scumhunting, you're going to try to pass out orders to the town.

To put it bluntly, maybe you should actually mix some cement before declaring yourself foreman.

Unvote Akhier.

Zrk2, I'd like to hear some of your WIFOMy SaintDraze night action-directing theories. If you had an inspect, who would you use it on tonight? Same question with roleblock, kill, protect, and follow.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 04, 2011, 06:25:35 pm »

Saint, please elaborate why I'm so high on your list of suspicions. Else your post will be nothing but OMGUS on the subject.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 04, 2011, 06:42:43 pm »

That's sort of how you are supposed to play as a townie... Scumhunting does not mean one is scum. That's insane troll logic.

Ahkier, I have a backlog of questions? I thought I got them, and the answers were just disregarded.

Irony Owl:

Inspect: Book, he's a talented player and I would like to confirm his alignment.
Roleblock: I think Saint is scum, but he'll likely be lynched, so Super because he has seemed flaky.
Kill: What type of kill? A townie kill? Then Super, assuming Saint is lynched. As scum? Book, for the same reason I would investigate him, assuming he isn't my scumbuddy.
Follow: I haven't heard of a follow action, but I assume it means what it says, so I'd follow, Super, Book, or yourself.

WIFOM Night Action Theories:

1. He wants our actions used on those people to keep us out of the way for a scumkill on someone else.
2. He wants our actions to muddle each other up.
3. He is actually town and feels it would be beneficial.
4. He's just throwing ideas out there as I did in the second last (I think) King Maker mafia.
5. He is voicing his actions to see how they are received or if he should do something else.
6. It's a clever ploy to get reactions from us for him to examine.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 04, 2011, 09:05:23 pm »

Vote Count:

Darvi:
Mr.Person:
Org:
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted:
Ottofar: Org
SaintDraze: Tyberix, Darvi, Jokerman-EXE, JanusTwoface, Supercharazad, Zrk2
JanusTwoface: Mr.Person
Supercharazad:
Book: 
IronyOwl:
Jokerman-EXE:
Zrk2: Ottofar, SaintDraze, Book, Akhier the Dragon hearted, IronyOwl

Not Voting:

Day 1 ends 11 PM EST, Friday 3/4, ~2 hours from now.

Note:  I may be a little late with the day end.  In any case, as soon as I can after 11 PM EST I will lock the thread for day-end processing, since there is more going on at day end than most games.  The day is not officially over until the thread locks.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 04, 2011, 11:46:12 pm »

Thread locked.  Day end processing underway.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 05, 2011, 12:36:34 am »

Vote Count:

Darvi:
Mr.Person:
Org:
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted:
Ottofar: Org
SaintDraze: Tyberix, Darvi, Jokerman-EXE, JanusTwoface, Supercharazad, Zrk2
JanusTwoface: Mr.Person
Supercharazad:
Book: 
IronyOwl:
Jokerman-EXE:
Zrk2: Ottofar, SaintDraze, Book, Akhier the Dragon hearted, IronyOwl

A long day of adventuring and arguing passes.  At the end, it is decided that SaintDraze is one of those conspiring against you!  You mob him and all attack him at once.  He doesn’t stand a chance, and dies quickly.

From the lyre in his pack, you can quickly deduce that he was a bard.  However, you can find nothing evil about him- it appears he was innocent after all.

Looking around warily, you all find safe places to sleep in the night.  Who knows what horrors await you in the dungeon at night?

Night 1 has begun!  Night 1 ends no earlier than 11 PM EST, Saturday 3/5.

Night actions:  Yes, you may use the what you found at day end tonight.  No, you don't have to use an item if you don't want to, but please tell me that you are going to do nothing so that I don't wait for you to send me an action.   Remember, you may only make one action a night unless you are told otherwise.  Using an item or performing the mafia kill each count as an action.

If you have any other questions, let me know!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 12:39:39 am by Toaster »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Day the Music Died [Night 1]
« Reply #358 on: March 06, 2011, 02:46:55 am »

After a dangerous night in the dark depths of the dank dungeon deeps, you gather again to figure out who is plotting against the group.  You wait for everyone to gather, but it is quickly clear that Mr.Person isn’t coming.  You fan out to search for him.

It isn’t long before someone shouts that they’ve found him.  He lies dead in a pool of his own blood.  From his gear, it is clear he was working as a bard in a travelling troupe.  Guess his career is over!

The eleven of you left keep a close eye out.  Three of the group still plot against the rest!

Day 2 has begun!  Day 2 will last until 11 PM EST Wednesday, 3/9.

There are now 8 items available in the public pool.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zrk2, I think you just changed to dodge all of the questions.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 53