Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112647 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile

I'm going to try to post as much of what I currently think should happen tonight while is still can.
An Inspection and a protection of janus,
Who is one of the best scum hunters currently.
if he's not getting inspected, then zrk2 should be.
It's best to semi-confirm these players first so everyone can move on to effective scum hunting next day...

So you want to direct the town night action? By doing that you clear the way for the scum to act without interference. By posting this idea you slip it into our collective subconcept and greatly increase the odds of us acting in that manner, which leads back to my point. I could provide several other scenarios, but they would mostly be WIFOM.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #331 on: March 03, 2011, 10:44:42 pm »

Zrk2, Either he is town and this is good advice or he is scum and we will be able to take it with a grain of salt. I could equally say you are saying its a bad idea because you are scum and you want to NK Janus.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 04, 2011, 02:48:26 am »

I still suspect IronyOwl though our arguments has gotten to the point of uselessness. SaintDraze was being scummy and is my other scum pick at the moment but not enough to displace Irony and anyway he has enough votes on him that my vote would mean very little beside joining a bandwagon so I will continue to go with my first suspicion. After the night phase I will have questions to ask IronyOwl depending on who dies but otherwise not anything much at the moment.
This is a rich post. So, you don't want to vote SaintStupid because it would be bandwagoning? Consciously not wanting to be seen as scummy is scummy in itself, you know? If you think he's scummier than Irony, vote him. But no, you still think Irony scummier, but have no more questions to ask him? Weak. But you'll ask more tomorrow depending on the night kill? Using the nightkill as anything other than WIFOM is self-defeating, and planning to do it is a scummy proposition. Sticking with your very first vote generally means (unless you can provide clear evidence of their scummitude) that you don't want to be seen as vote hopping, or that you're not that interested in finding actual scum. Don't just stick with the vote you placed on your very first post of the game and sit on your lazy ass until the day is over. That's what scum do. Are you scum? You haven't actually provided clear evidence for your case on him, so I'm leaning scum on you, Akhier. Welcome to my scumpicks list.

...and then you did change your vote after all. You went after Zrk2, though, even after saying above that you thought SaintStupid was your second pick. Why is Zrk2 scummier than Saint? Why is either scummier than IronyOwl? Why did you eventually decide to jump on a bandwagon even after saying you didn't want to be seen as bandwagoning? Was it because you saw a sudden chance to save the life of your scumbuddy, by jumping on a promising counterwagon? Saying "he's my second pick" when it seemed certain he'd hang is pretty safe distancing, making it clear you suspected him D1 without actually voting... but now it's not so certain! jumping on the other wagon may save him!

While I agree on your thoughts about Zrk2, wouldn't it better to lynch Saint and/or super first? Seeing how they're being both less than helpful. Or are you really that suspicious of Zrk?
I'm suspicious enough of him to vote him, yes. I vote where I see the scummiest, not based on some wild 'what if' notions (with very rare exceptions if it would result in a nolynch or something like that). Do you think I shouldn't vote whoever I find scummiest?

However, I agree that both Dumb and Dumber are scummy enough, and I may still vote them. They dig themselves deeper with each post.

This bothers me... All of a sudden there's this pile on Zrk2. Granted, there's no actual votes, but other than that it really feels like a bandwagon.
So, it feels like a wagon but isn't? I find it amusing that you feel the need to intercede for him without actually addressing the points against him. Do you think people voting or suspecting him (or even bolding him, based on your list) is unreasonable based on the evidence?

Seems like you're trying to prevent your inexperienced scumbuddy from going down in flames once people suddenly realise how he's behaving.

A SaintDraze lynch is a good plan.
Better than a Zrk2 lynch? What makes one plan better than the other? For the record, I'm fine with a SaintStupid lynch too, he's certainly scummy enough, but I find your endorsement of such a plan while questioning people's sudden attention for Zrk2 and ignoring the points against him quite... interesting.

(While typing this I noticed Person asked you similar questions, but I find your answers insufficient: why do you try to deviate the conversation, endorse the lynch SaintStupid plan, and utterly fail to give an opinion on the actual evidence arrayed against Zrk2? You say that there may be some scum on the wagons... no, really? given that almost every player is voting one or the other, I'd say it's pretty certain most scum are on one or the other or both; do you have a strong feeling of on which, or whom?)

Huh. Well, if I were scum, I dont even know if I would kill, it depends on equipment.
Don't be disingenuous. If you were scum, then your team would kill, and you'd have input in that decision; you'd have an opinion on who to kill. What is that opinion? Why do you make me restate the question when it's obvious you know that's what I meant?

So you want to direct the town night action? By doing that you clear the way for the scum to act without interference. By posting this idea you slip it into our collective subconcept and greatly increase the odds of us acting in that manner, which leads back to my point.
Leave our collective "subconcept" alone and provide actual answers to the reasons people think you are scummy, or hang. You have failed to do any actual hunting, but were fast to jump on the bigger wagon when you saw people starting to pressure you. I suspect it's less because you think SaintStupid is scum, and more because you want to save your own skin.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #333 on: March 04, 2011, 03:05:08 am »

I had said that I did not think that SaintDraze was the scummiest. I still would vote Irony over Saint but I was rereading the posts over the past few pages and Zrk2's reactions just set off my scumalert even more so then Irony. My current scum picks in order is Zrk2, IronOwl, and finally SaintDraze. What changed was not my belief in how scummy the 2 where but in how scummy Zrk2 had been.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 04, 2011, 04:04:25 am »

I had said that I did not think that SaintDraze was the scummiest. I still would vote Irony over Saint but I was rereading the posts over the past few pages and Zrk2's reactions just set off my scumalert even more so then Irony. My current scum picks in order is Zrk2, IronOwl, and finally SaintDraze. What changed was not my belief in how scummy the 2 where but in how scummy Zrk2 had been.
I don't buy it. As far as I can see, this is the only post where you've stated reasons for finding Zrk2 scummy. Sure, I agree with some of those reasons, but it doesn't seem to me you've justified why those are more important than whatever you said you had on Irony or Saint. You have failed to even make a compelling argument about Irony, despite requests. I still think your jumping onto Zrk2's wagon is scummy and opportunistic, and you also failed to address all my other points in reply to your earlier post.

SaintDraze: Apologies for the "SaintStupid" thing. I thought it was very amusing when writing it, but rereading it just seems mean and hurtful; I wasn't going for that, I was going for funny, but I guess I missed the mark. I'll drop that. I'll keep the "Dumb and Dumber" bit, though, I do think that one is funny as hell.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #335 on: March 04, 2011, 11:45:56 am »

I also talk about it some Here, but so what if I have not been saying he is scum for the last couple days? Does that change what he has done in any way? Because I had been arguing with IronyOwl I was not paying as much attention as I should have to some of the other posts. I decided to reread the last couple pages when I saw some valid arguments floating around. On the reread I looked around and saw the vote thing that Zrk2 did and investigated it and found what Zrk2 had done much more scummy then what IronyOwl had done.
   If having someone change their vote at the least bit of contention and not answering questions about it is not enough to change my vote from someone who all they did was blame someone for something before the game had really started, then I must not be playing it right because I thought we where supposed to vote whoever we found scummiest.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 04, 2011, 12:22:21 pm »

Ugh, a 96 hour day? Ugh.

Jokerman: So, after reading the thread, what are your thoughts on the game as a whole?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 04, 2011, 01:49:01 pm »

Well, honestly, it looks like placing my vote at this point won't change anything. A SaintDraze lynch will be, at the very least, beneficial to all of us; his flip combined with the NK will give us a lot of information about people and interactions so far, even if it is WIFOM.

As far as suspicions go, I would have to say that currently I'm suspecting Book (gut feeling, but you seem to just be relaxed in this game that has mostly new players, and if you're scum it would be hard to tell without looking at you specifically. At the very least, just know I have my eye on you). Also Zrk2 (who seems to be trying to distract people and, if I'm not mistaken, hasn't answered all the suspicions and questions against him from various players, and instead is trying to simply push his attack through) as well as SaintDraze (who seemed like he was trying to sway me towards trying to prevent his lynch before I even caught up).

Sorry, but that's about all I have. That was a short timeframe to read all of this and make suspicions, and sadly I had to skim some parts so that I could post this before noon. I'd rather there was discussion than a rushed decision.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
BLARG IM DED

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 04, 2011, 03:16:31 pm »

...Book is the reincarnation of Zathras.

As to the arguments against me, I was away from the internet for a while, and upon rereading the ample number of pages I got Super and Saint confused. My scumhunt plan was originally to look into Book, since he is more experienced and I hoped to get a read on him, but I haven't been able to post enough to get much out of him.

Book, we know you think Saint and I are scum, yet you also seem to posit that each of us must have a scumartner, yet with only two scum in this game, does that mean you think we are scumbuddies, or that one of us is scum, and we have a buddy, perhaps Janus, as you have suggested?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 04, 2011, 03:28:22 pm »

13 players is nearing the point where 4 scum is possible, so I fail to see what makes you think there's only 2 scum.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 04, 2011, 03:33:18 pm »

Vote Count:

Darvi:
Mr.Person:
Org:
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted: IronyOwl
Ottofar: Org
SaintDraze: Tyberix, Darvi, Jokerman-EXE, JanusTwoface, Supercharazad, Zrk2
JanusTwoface: Mr.Person
Supercharazad:
Book: 
IronyOwl:
Jokerman-EXE:
Zrk2: Ottofar, SaintDraze, Book, Akhier the Dragon hearted

Not Voting:

Day 1 ends 11 PM EST, Friday 3/4, ~7.5 hours from now.

There are three Mafia members.  (It's in the intro flavor, but it's not very obvious.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 04, 2011, 03:50:26 pm »

In that case, I have my scumpicks set out:

1:SaintDraze (for being himself, really, not helping town, acting stupid, asking idiotic, useless questions and well... yeah.)
2: Zrk2 (Random voting, acting suspicious)
3: Book (I just have a feeling about it, I don't like him, for whatever reason.)

Book: What are your feelings on these?

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 04, 2011, 05:02:50 pm »

Does that change what he has done in any way?
I'm not asking about what he has done, I'm asking about what you have (and haven't) done.

You still failed to answer my questions. Reposted and bolded for your benefit:
[...]But no, you still think Irony scummier, but have no more questions to ask him? Weak. But you'll ask more tomorrow depending on the night kill? Using the nightkill as anything other than WIFOM is self-defeating, and planning to do it is a scummy proposition. [...] Are you scum? You haven't actually provided clear evidence for your case on [IronyOwl], so I'm leaning scum on you, Akhier. Welcome to my scumpicks list.

[...]Why is Zrk2 scummier than Saint? Why is either scummier than IronyOwl? Why did you eventually decide to jump on a bandwagon even after saying you didn't want to be seen as bandwagoning? Was it because you saw a sudden chance to save the life of your scumbuddy, by jumping on a promising counterwagon? Saying "he's my second pick" when it seemed certain he'd hang is pretty safe distancing, making it clear you suspected him D1 without actually voting... but now it's not so certain! jumping on the other wagon may save him!
Please answer the bolded parts.

Book, we know you think Saint and I are scum, yet you also seem to posit that each of us must have a scumartner, yet with only two scum in this game, does that mean you think we are scumbuddies, or that one of us is scum, and we have a buddy, perhaps Janus, as you have suggested?
There are three scum. But regardless, I don't work on figuring out teams this early; bagging a scum would be good enough, and we can work on partnerships when we have more data. I think both of you are very likely to be scum, but that doesn't mean I think you are a team; I may be right on one, or the other, or both or neither. At least two people have acted consistently with being buddies; Janus as yours, Akhier as Saint's. They are both suspicious for it, but I make no proclamations about either until we have more data.

1:SaintDraze (for being himself, really, not helping town, acting stupid, asking idiotic, useless questions and well... yeah.)
2: Zrk2 (Random voting, acting suspicious)
3: Book (I just have a feeling about it, I don't like him, for whatever reason.)
Book: What are your feelings on these?
I agree with the first two, though I have more reasons (which I listed earlier). You should also take a good long look at a mirror, as all the reasons you cite for all three also apply to you. Do I think you are scum? Not sure; you are scummy enough, but consistent with your abysmal play in other games. Time will tell. One of the other two is a better choice for D1 lynch, I think.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 04, 2011, 05:05:18 pm »

You should also take a good long look at a mirror, as all the reasons you cite for all three also apply to you.

I never random voted :/

SaintDraze: What are your scumpicks?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #344 on: March 04, 2011, 05:09:45 pm »

I never random voted :/
... that's the one you deny?

Not 'not helping town', 'acting stupid', 'asking idiotic / useless questions', or 'acting suspicious'?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 53