Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112621 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2011, 01:47:02 pm »

Tyberix: WTF does MC mean?
I can answer that. It means a mass-claim. Ya know, where everybody roleclaims.

Ah, thanks.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2011, 03:19:54 pm »

What I said to start was not baseless, it was exactly true. You did in fact vote for Supercharazad only 6 minutes and 56 seconds after day 1 began. For the other stuff, I truly did believe that you where blaming Supercharazad for something and it was likely something like uselessness or lurking from another game.
You've yet to explain how this means I'm "blaming" him of anything. I'm especially curious as to what the exact timing has to do with anything- would it have been less suspicious if I'd waited half an hour after the game had started?

You two create a very interesting example of tunnelvision. Which is good, because usually I'm trapped in it. Also, almost always one of the involved parties turn out scum, suprisingly enough.

(useless post is...)

NOT ACTUALLY USELESS!

Yeah, it pretty much was. Nice active-lurk, Super.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2011, 04:02:39 pm »

You know what Janus, I'm not even going to bother diving into that line of questioning. It's REALLY not worth it. There are far better things to ask you about if I care, which I happen to.
Then why did you bring it up? Particularly when I don't actually see the question you seem to care more about. You "ask" about Org but say that "the actual question is beyond useless" to you. Then there isn't another question in the post.

Since that's the only question I can see you did ask: I didn't. I still don't think his playstyle is particularly helpful to the town. I just don't want to deal with and don't think that it's anymore useful to deal with the crap that comes from following that up right now.

I like to cause stuff like this, it's just how I am. For all you guys know, I could really be a guy with a useless item that wouldn't help anyways.
Stiring up trouble like this can be a perfectly viable strategy *if* (and I stress the if) you have a plan for how to use the crap you kick up to help the town. If not, it's not helpful.

So did you have a plan (contradicting your earlier claim of claiming because you were bored) or are you just causing problems for their own sake?

Both are scummy...

And I would still like a response to my points here. Particularly the second and third.

You two create a very interesting example of tunnelvision. Which is good, because usually I'm trapped in it. Also, almost always one of the involved parties turn out scum, suprisingly enough.
In my experience, it's more common that both are town. Scum will usually try to avoid attracting the attention that something like this causes. Although not "more common" enough to prove they actually are town.

Current suspicions:

Supercharazad is dropping a whole laundry list of scumtells. Most of which are actually newtells as well though. I still think there's a decent chance he actually is scum though.

On more than one case Akhier has latched on to incorrect "scumtells" and pushed them far beyond what I would expect. It feels like he's more interested in getting someone lynched then in getting scum lynched.

Mr.Person's behavior bugs me. He feels slightly behind with posts (which isn't that unusual for him). More interesting is this post which looks nice and solid but at once asks questions that he doesn't want answers to, claims that there are better questions but doesn't ask them, and talks about three paragraphs about a MC that he's actually thinking might not be something to do this game. In short, the most perfect active-lurky-esk post I've seen in some time.

Book is beeing *far* quieter than he normally is. He hasn't posted for about 38 hours despite posting about 9 times in other games. This worries me.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2011, 04:05:35 pm »

Hi. Just dropping by to say I'm gonna do something tomorrow.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2011, 04:15:04 pm »

I dunno where that came from, but it's helpful I guess. But that'll mean that scum will instantly try to steal Super's wand or Saint's items before either one of them gets lynched.

See, that's why you don't roleclaim.

Trying to get a better read on Org now.

Org, what are your scumpicks? And why? (pfp)
What does pfp mean.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2011, 04:20:29 pm »

Posting From iPod.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2011, 04:25:22 pm »

Yeah, it pretty much was. Nice active-lurk, Super.

I'm active lurking... How?

I was asking a question, and I have contributed today other than that. Nice baseless accusation, Zrk2

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2011, 04:27:28 pm »

You have now ignored two of my inquiries. Please respond to them.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2011, 04:33:13 pm »

Okay, Darvi. My list of scum isn't very good, mostly because I am not too sure.
But,
Ottofar, because I am finally getting my vote on. Yeah Otoofar, your baseless drivel hogwash is not cool. Anyway, you have baseless policy lynch or something are you trying to be the new Janus I mean COME ON.
Next would be Super and Saint, but I think its just mostly them being noobs, so I dont really know.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2011, 04:46:45 pm »

You have now ignored two of my inquiries. Please respond to them.

I had no plan, that's the only inquirey I could find.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2011, 04:52:49 pm »

@Janus: You stated that arguing with Org isn't worth the time, and I've decided that arguing with you about arguing with Org isn't worth the time either.

Now if you want to discuss why I'm not discussing with you about what you're going to do with Org, you're free to do so.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2011, 05:34:17 pm »

Gah!
Wait... Not as many posts as I thought there would be...

to Tyberix's question

Well I don't really expect anything to come from telling my role...
I was kinda sleep deprived when I posted it...

Guess I let it slip, Hope no one swipes one of my scrolls... ::)

Now to read through the posts to find some info...
God I feel a head ache coming already...
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 28, 2011, 05:45:50 pm »

What I said to start was not baseless, it was exactly true. You did in fact vote for Supercharazad only 6 minutes and 56 seconds after day 1 began. For the other stuff, I truly did believe that you where blaming Supercharazad for something and it was likely something like uselessness or lurking from another game.
You've yet to explain how this means I'm "blaming" him of anything. I'm especially curious as to what the exact timing has to do with anything- would it have been less suspicious if I'd waited half an hour after the game had started?
   I told you, I had said you where quick to blame and you responded that you where "quick to assign blame where blame is due". If you assign blame where blame is due and what I asked you is why you where quick to assign blame that to me equals you thinking blame being due to Supercharazad.
This is referencing your first quote. You've said on separate occasions that it was just an excuse and exactly what I was doing, and have repeatedly tried to avoid explaining it. This is one of the more obvious examples, as it's blatantly obvious that you yourself knew the quote in question was your first one, yet chose to try once again to derail into your blamequote excuse.

You're scum caught changing your story.

Unvote, vote IronyOwl. What bothers you so much about Akhier's reasoning? The truthiness of it?
The fact that it keeps changing, has never been satisfactorily answered, and that he's adamant in trying to avoid the topic.

His later reasoning is more sound, but both requires that he already be fairly certain with his initial claim, and has been used far too often as a smokescreen for it for my tastes.

Also, this was the question you missed earlier. Very beginning of the thread, so I guess this is Ghetto Lazytown.

Mr.Person, would you rather have a one-shot kill or two-shot inspect?

Book, this is indeed unusually quiet for you. How about a lurkertracker and some scumpicks?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #193 on: February 28, 2011, 05:49:36 pm »

It is not changing! I used the first question where I voted you to fish for reactions. I used wording specificly to try to get your dander up. I keep referencing it not because it is my reason but because I used it to get the response that IS my reason for keeping my vote on you, IronyOwl.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 28, 2011, 05:56:15 pm »

Okay Theres supers question,

Super, Using that logic, how do we know that you are really a priest?

If I was going to claim a crappy class I would have gone with a merchant...

I really hope a thief doesn't still an item from me

Org
when would you suppose the worst time for the One ring to be discovered? early in the game or later in the game?

Akhier
Getting a little hot under the collar, Dandy apples?

super
Why haven't you gotten an avatar yet?

Do you have any scum picks that you would like to share with us?
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 53