Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112390 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - Money can't buy you protection, apparently [Day 4]
« Reply #750 on: March 24, 2011, 02:57:47 pm »

Unvote Jim

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 24, 2011, 03:27:38 pm »

You do know that the phasing protects as well as blocks?
This has nothing to do with what I was saying but suuure.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 24, 2011, 04:24:40 pm »

Unvote Jim
You want to see any lynch or you want to lynch scum ? It Seems to me like it's the second option.What changed your mind ?
Reading trough your post you mentioned everyone as scummy except Janus,Darvi and Jokerman.Could you state for each why you find them town?

Jokerman: Your second pick or something more about the first ?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #753 on: March 24, 2011, 05:33:07 pm »

God this is a mess.

Going backwards:

Jokerman: Your second pick or something more about the first ?
Why are you asking this?

You do know that the phasing protects as well as blocks?
This has nothing to do with what I was saying but suuure.
It has everything to do with what you're saying. You're saying that the most likely option is that Jim Groovester was the scum doing the night kill. He's saying that he was the night kill target (with the option that one of the roleblocks stopped the kill, such as Jokerman-EXE's autoblock).

Combined with the fact that's your only point I've seen (these three posts), before that was your claim (incomplete, what did you try to do?), excuses, and one nice post where you first post about the lack of kill, Ottofar for lurking, me not having good reasons, and multiple herps/derps. :-\

So I still think you're scummy. But appearently you've managed to wiggle out of getting lynched again. Congradulations. unvote

Unvote Jim
This is tantamount to voting for Akhier without actually doing it. That looks a fair bit like you're trying to look good without actually voting with an out if things go badly (which you'd know if it will if you are scum).

I as of now hate replacements with all the hate that I can muster for Mafia. Your right I have been to passive because of all this brouhaha so first Unvote.
This unvote tied the vote (with you as one of the tied parties). Why?

I'm glad we got an extension; I don't think Jim is scum. Akhier, I feel like you are more likely to be scum. I haven't liked your vibe at all this game.
Not good enough. Not on day 4.

Book was probably scummy enough to warrent a lynch, but he's not around (and I couldn't read him that well when he was). Jim Groovester feels more town to me. Akhier seems about as scummy as he always has, so he has my vote. Vote Akhier the Dragon hearted.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 24, 2011, 06:20:00 pm »

What do you mean incomplete?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #755 on: March 24, 2011, 06:22:38 pm »

You were blocked from doing what?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 24, 2011, 06:59:27 pm »

Using my Scroll of Treasure Detection.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 24, 2011, 10:08:24 pm »

Day 4 is over.

Thread locked for day-end processing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #758 on: March 24, 2011, 10:52:33 pm »

Vote Count:

Darvi:
Org:
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted: Tyberix, Jim Groovester, Jokerman-EXE, JanusTwoface
Ottofar:
JanusTwoface:
Jim Groovester: Org, Darvi
Jokerman-EXE:

Not Voting: Akhier the Dragon hearted, Ottofar

After a long day of discussion, it is decided that Akhier shall die today.  Screaming his innocence, he vanishes before your eyes!  Someone with very good hearing pulls out a bow and fires at a cave opening- there is a scream, and Akhier reappears face down in the dirt.  It appears his skills as a mage were not enough to save him.

Gathering around, you search him for evidence that he was plotting against you.  Yet again, you are unable to find anything- he is clearly innocent!  This could be very, very bad.

Looking around with distrust, you all go off to your safe spots.  Is there any hope for tomorrow?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - Do you believe in magic? [Night 4]
« Reply #759 on: March 25, 2011, 11:22:40 pm »

You gather in the common room, wondering what will happen this day.  JanusTwoface is lying dead in the middle of the room.  You don’t think you need to search the thief to know he is innocent of the plot.

Org then stands up.   “I think it’s time we end this.  Anyone have anything to say about that?”

Tyberix the warrior draws his sword.  “Damn you!  Die!”  He charges Org, who wields his axe and assumes a battle position learned from his own days as a warrior.

The two clash, while Ottofar and Jokerman look on in horror.  Ottofar the ranger draws his bow, getting a hold of his senses first.  He nocks an arrow and begins to aim at Org.

“I don’t think so, buddy,” an oily voice whispers in his ear as a knife goes to his throat.  Jim Groovester is behind him in a flash, while Darvi grabs Jokerman the priest in the same way.  The two thieves quickly slice their throats.

Tyberix is distracted by their screams, and Org chops off his sword-arm as he looks away.  Gasping in pain, he drops to his knees and looks at Org in horror.  “Why?”

“Because we can,” grins Org.  Another axe-slash, and Tyberix joins the others in death.

Nodding at each other, Darvi, Org, and Jim collect their gear and the choicest pieces of spoils.  They head off to the treasure hoard to collect its riches for themselves.

Game over!  Darvi, Org, and Jim Groovester have won!

Spoiler: Role PMs: (click to show/hide)

Scum Chat:  http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/nawbbRBEQCj
Dead Chat:  http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/aaD8qjHUAcR

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]
« Reply #760 on: March 25, 2011, 11:25:31 pm »

Spoiler: Day 1 loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 1 PMs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Day 2 loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 PMs (click to show/hide)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 25, 2011, 11:27:24 pm »

Curse you Jim! You are as an eternal awesomesauce to my noobtown!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 25, 2011, 11:29:52 pm »

Spoiler: Day 3 Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 3 PMs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Day 4 Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 4 (click to show/hide)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #763 on: March 25, 2011, 11:30:03 pm »

Alas, to be right yet wrong.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 25, 2011, 11:32:19 pm »

I thought it ended up a pretty good game, overall.  Jim very narrowly avoided a lynch, and Org yet again got away with blocking a townie with a town cop result on him.

What did everyone think of the game type?  Is there any interest in another game?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53