Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Re: Jumping and Climbing -- Topic from DF Talk Ep. 11  (Read 586 times)

Hclcasat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jumping and Climbing -- Topic from DF Talk Ep. 11
« on: February 25, 2011, 04:01:56 am »

Hi,

I had an idea regarding jumping and climbing. You were talking about how it would be good for ruins exploration and such, but wouldn't be good if it allowed the player to avoid enemies in unrealistic ways. My idea is that you could either 1. make it so that once a player jumps/climbs along a route, that route is permanently (or at least for the particular Adv. Mode character) marked so that enemies can travel along the same path the player did, or 2. make it so that the player must bring pitons and then spend time hammering them into the wall they wish to scale, then being forced to remove them or else leave them traversable by (most?) creatures.

Toady, you're living my dream. Enjoy it ^^

Hclcasat

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 08:46:25 am »

So... no hiding, without killing pathfinding?  Awesome

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 06:15:36 pm »

make it so that once a player jumps/climbs along a route, that route is permanently (or at least for the particular Adv. Mode character) marked so that enemies can travel along the same path the player did
Nobody is EVER going to exploit that.  Ever.
;D
2. sounds kind of neat, but it also sounds "already going to be implemented" except with enemies picking places to put them in too...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!