Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Confessions of a DF player.  (Read 13152 times)

Rude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Confessions of a DF player.
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 10:49:27 pm »

I prefer spears to axes. and not for any statistical advantage. I just like spears.

Raufgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 12:36:11 am »

I....confess. Yes, I've been a very naughty boy. :'( The rooms for my nobles in all my forts will always have an elaborate flooding mechanism built-in to each individual room so that I can flush -> recycle the rooms when needed. Whether the flooding is magma or water depends on which I find first. I even built in a drainage system ;)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 12:41:40 am »

Everyone is confessing to good things.  You're supposed to confess the embarrassing things!  Tell us about how you pamper the elves, or you fulfill every mandate given to you, because it's the good thing to do!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 12:45:10 am »

beds. beds for everyone. Out of colourcoded wood for different "wings". All decorated with glass, because that's just how it works out when I say "decorate furniture".

Also, cage traps. I am an addict.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 12:46:51 am »

I love building my fortresses above ground. I rarely try to find magma. In 3+ years of playing, I have never deliberately killed an elf or murdered a noble. I do my best to fulfill mandates, and if I can't, I accept the consequences, because they're fun!

There. Beat that.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 12:57:39 am »

I love building my fortresses above ground. I rarely try to find magma. In 3+ years of playing, I have never deliberately killed an elf or murdered a noble. I do my best to fulfill mandates, and if I can't, I accept the consequences, because they're fun!

There. Beat that.

I make habitats for my prisoners (Since I'm addicted to cage traps), when possible with lakes and trees and such. Safe from the eyes of my dwarves, they can happy lives of peace. Hopefully to spawn and raise their young unmolested*. It's like The Village. And I am the bogeymanthing.

*no dice so far.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 01:01:07 am »

I've been trying to mod back in the nobles from .23a. Does this make me a bad person?

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 01:18:23 am »

I refuse to slaughter dogs for food, I'll let my dwarves starve before I turn on my doggies.

-MB

MoonLightBird

• Bay Watcher
  • Hothothothot!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2011, 01:55:56 am »

In my 3 years of playing I have never used a magma forge. I use trees or coal for fuel.

Croquantes

• Bay Watcher
  • Essence of Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 02:13:40 am »

Metal working is the last industry I develop because I just don't find metallurgy that interesting. When I'm desperate for tools, I wait and trade for them. I outfit my dwarven army with leather armour and crossbows.

cdrcjsn

• Bay Watcher
  • My name is Cedric
    • View Profile
    • Familiar Ground, fantasy comedy from a familiar point of view.
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 02:16:29 am »

Whenever I get a breeding pair of whatever (cows usually, but sometimes horses), I always try to breed for the traits Gigantic, Fat, and Muscular.  This produces the highest amount of meat and fat when butchering animals. 

But I have never actually butchered a Gigantic, Muscular, Fat anything...

I always have too much meat/fat from just culling the animals with undesired traits.  My dwarves are breeding a super race of delicious, juicy animals that they have never, ever tasted.
Check out my comic!
http://www.familiar-ground.com
Fantasy Comedy.  Familiar Point of View.

MoonLightBird

• Bay Watcher
  • Hothothothot!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 02:40:34 am »

Whenever I get a breeding pair of whatever (cows usually, but sometimes horses), I always try to breed for the traits Gigantic, Fat, and Muscular.  This produces the highest amount of meat and fat when butchering animals. 

But I have never actually butchered a Gigantic, Muscular, Fat anything...

I always have too much meat/fat from just culling the animals with undesired traits.  My dwarves are breeding a super race of delicious, juicy animals that they have never, ever tasted.

I do that with my wardogs I use for battle. I kill the ones that are not muscular and big....They make good meals!

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 02:41:05 am »

Have you even wread "confessions of an economical hitman"!?

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 03:46:33 am »

I like laying down giant phalli in a great mosaic in front of the gate with the most expensive metals available from the fortress that's building it. Nothing impresses the traders more when they've just realize they've strolled onto the center of a giant golden dick.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 03:55:04 am »

Reminds me of every Minecraft multiplayer server ever.

Also every single player world I've spent time on.  Man, maybe I should lay off the giant golden phalii...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10