Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Old poll

is
old

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 109

Author Topic: Aklyon's Servers - Minecraft Moddery  (Read 105028 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Aklyon's Server Stuff (Lyoncraft) - The King's Gold!
« Reply #1095 on: October 01, 2011, 07:24:14 pm »

If there's alot that makes it easier to check who did it, right?
Not exactly. Because they could have just placed it with creative.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: October 01, 2011, 07:30:28 pm »

There's no way something that size could have been done in creative. especially with such flat angles.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 07:32:04 pm by Heliman »

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: October 01, 2011, 07:32:20 pm »

There were just the 4 of you on: Furtuka, Projeckt, Wymar, and heliman on. I know from the logs Furtuka placed something big with grief potential, and then Projeckt and Wymar were messing with cannons - either way, one of you four detonated Furtuka's weapon.

The last backup is from 2 days ago, and TNT will most likely be banned, or at least rendered useless.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 01, 2011, 07:32:48 pm »

If it was the explosion that caused the connection to crash then Projeck and I have an alibi. Other than us only Heli and Furt were online, although Furt was offline the last time I checked the player list. And Heli was at that one House off the coast.

Could it have been some sort of trigger with an extreme long delay or something?

There's no way something that size could have been done in creative. especially with such flat angles.
And what about my blocks? :<

The last backup is from 2 days ago, and TNT will most likely be banned, or at least rendered useless.
Well, crap.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 01, 2011, 07:35:48 pm »

There were just the 4 of you on: Furtuka, Projeckt, Wymar, and heliman on. I know from the logs Furtuka placed something big with grief potential, and then Projeckt and Wymar were messing with cannons - either way, one of you four detonated Furtuka's weapon.
So, it really was Furtuka?

And what about my blocks? :<
This was bigger than your blocks.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: October 01, 2011, 07:40:16 pm »

I don't think Furt would actually do that, he only made a sun with lava and glass in the sky, so I don't think it twas him.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 01, 2011, 07:43:53 pm »

Reverted to last stable backup as effected saves won't even load - 2 days ago. TNT no longer causes world damage.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 01, 2011, 07:44:15 pm »

WHAT HAPPENED? Is Tinker town OK?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 01, 2011, 07:45:03 pm »

We've gone into the tardis and went back in time 2 days.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: October 01, 2011, 07:47:30 pm »

Being safe is nice, but no tnt combined with no creeper damage is pointless, all you have left are Endermen block shuffling.

Send me the backup, Kael, I'm going to set up a temporary thing to sort this out.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: October 01, 2011, 07:51:47 pm »

Sure, but there was only two legitimate usages for TNT, which was cannons and excavations - all other troubles on the server were when people with creative mode detonated huge swaths of TNT. Besides, no one wants holes in their constructions, I think it's better this way. The TNT/creepers still do player damage, it just doesn't blow huge chunks of the server away anymore.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 01, 2011, 07:59:06 pm »

I didn't do anything. Though earlier today Schwuk made a Ginormous cube of Tnt Out in the wilderness and tried to detonate it. I just barely managed to delete most of it with world edit before it went off, not sure if this is related to what you are talkin about though. Also the logs of me placing big stuff are just me movin things around in the nether using world edit
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: October 01, 2011, 08:01:21 pm »

I can see your point quite well Kael, but all thats needed is stop giving out creative mode so much, thats the whole problem as far as it sounds from your last post. TNT is fun to use when it has a proper place to be put, and WorldWarp being updated it has a perfect spot if its mentioned beforehand.

Always do the simple way first, overreaction leads to more work later. The simple way in this case is to stop using creative mode as freely, not nerf tnt, because that can be done without any extra mods.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 08:09:16 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: October 01, 2011, 08:02:36 pm »

I'm not really tripping about pointing fingers, Furtuka, I just feel it's too bad that since the last autosave was after the screwup that we have to go back 2 days. Also what you say makes me feel like it's a good choice to go TNT-less, since we're a server with a lot of creative mode people and the potential for grief is huge.

Aklyon, I suppose we'll just see how things go for now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: October 01, 2011, 08:26:44 pm »

Alright then, we'll see how it goes, but honestly, we've always had plenty of potential for grief, and WorldWarp doesn't separate the chat between worlds. Keep creative mode in one, leave everything in the other, and put those warpgates to good use getting around.

Also, backup plugin, probably a good idea. MineBackup works for 1185 according to the recent thread pages, and that version was made for 1060 anyway so it'll work either way. Might need to set it less often than we had (we had it on the default) since your world file is 300mb or so larger than all our old worlds combined, but other than that it should be fine.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 08:28:44 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 109