Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Old poll

is
old

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 109

Author Topic: Aklyon's Servers - Minecraft Moddery  (Read 105000 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Aklyon's Minecraft Server
« Reply #420 on: May 08, 2011, 03:57:47 pm »

I don't know how he's not gone crazy trying to run a consistent public server on a laptop.
Basically, I got this laptop with the intent to play semi-recent games (and/or DF) on it. Thus, it is strong laptop. lots of RAM, great CPU (not as great for DF because multicore, but meh.). Being the guy who knows the most about the home router also helps :)
Secondly, I haven't been really worrying about the server much, so theres a lot less the go crazy about. There was that THING earlier in the week(end), but besides that I've basically just set it up, moved over a bit so the signal is stronger, and let it do its thing, occasional errors (and not-so-occasional endOfStream errors ::)) and all.

Also, I'm home, and there was a surge that had made my surge protector turn off my stuff. Give me a few minutes to get Firefox set backup with all the stuff I had open, and to re-open Steam, then Server returneth.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 08, 2011, 03:58:52 pm »

Sweet, meanwhile, Freeform's server's pretty damn fun for just messing around
*Hugs*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 08, 2011, 04:06:54 pm »

Also: Thanks for having a server up, freeform. I put you in Mods, since apparently you weren't already in the permissions file and I wanted to thank you either way. I don't mind if you keep it up or take it down, backup and help is always nice :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 08, 2011, 04:21:06 pm »

Just post when it is up :)
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 08, 2011, 04:26:22 pm »

Also: Thanks for having a server up, freeform. I put you in Mods, since apparently you weren't already in the permissions file and I wanted to thank you either way. I don't mind if you keep it up or take it down, backup and help is always nice :)

Hey, no problem, I'm glad you guys enjoy it. I can't do a lot of maintenance on it like AK does (and can't super easily tell when it's up or down) since it's run on my brother's super powerful desktop (I originally ran it on my computer before I figured out it just wasn't powerful enough) that he's using most of the time.

I'm currently re installing Windows 7 but I will join you guys when I'm done :)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 08, 2011, 04:32:18 pm »

We appear to be having some technical difficulties folks!
The server will be back up and functioning shortly we hope
*Hugs*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 08, 2011, 04:33:25 pm »

Not confusing ones, though! Likely just because I let the computer run out of power more than anything.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 08, 2011, 04:38:26 pm »

D:
It's FEF, not FEOF

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 08, 2011, 04:42:22 pm »

I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 08, 2011, 04:45:45 pm »

Its Essentials acting weird. Easily fixed, just need to get a bunch of stuff to recover the bases.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 08, 2011, 04:56:19 pm »

Also, Steam group, we need names, otherwise it will just be Aklyon's Minecraft Server
*Hugs*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 08, 2011, 05:06:19 pm »

Anyone else want to join the steam chat thing while we get stuff fixed? AklyonX I be there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 08, 2011, 06:05:33 pm »

Thing is up, but not fancy. Economy is down temporarily. Fixing later.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 08, 2011, 07:25:56 pm »

You know, AK, even if you didn't want to have a forum, you could still always install a *chan. http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/web/wakaba_kareha

But setting up a forum is definitely easier. All you need is Apache, MySQL and PHP (for most software, at least).

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 09, 2011, 05:19:18 pm »

Sorry for the double post. Just noting that while Aklyon's doing mod stuff and the server is down for short bursts, my "griefer's heaven" server is up at
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Obviously AK's server is much cooler but I can install any mods you guys want me to!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 109