Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: D23a FPS rate.  (Read 435 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
D23a FPS rate.
« on: February 23, 2011, 10:09:20 pm »

Hello folks! So today I thought I would try a heritage version of dwarf fortess, notably the latest version before things got 3d, and I was stuck on a single plane. So I was told that I was after d23a.
After genning a world, figuring out embark, and such, I was ready to go! However, my dwarfs were stuck at nothing more then 30 fps at most, compaired to my very reasonable 100fps on embarks for the latest version. One would think that without z levels to take care of, things would go faster. So, is there a way to up the frames, or am I stuck at this slow pace?

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
Re: D23a FPS rate.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 10:18:01 pm »

Make sure that the G_FPS and FPS settings in the init are set correctly.  If the FPS is still low, it's probably just the way 2d was.  Remember, pathfinding has become MUCH more efficient since then-  not that anyone noticed, because 3d added so much more complexity to it.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: D23a FPS rate.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 01:53:51 pm »

When I first tried playing the 2D version on my home system, it seemed to insist on running at 75fps (my monitor's refresh rate), even when windowed; when I changed my video driver (nVidia) settings to disable VSync for Dwarf Fortress, it jumped back to 100fps.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.