Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: This is what happens when you block off your local river supply.  (Read 1633 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: This is what happens when you block off your local river supply.
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 08:36:11 pm »

This sort of thing is why my first rule of dwarven engineering is to never tap any sort of fluid supply without first building an emergency shut-off valve in at least two places and a drain or pump that will send the entire thing into something that can absorb water (lake or aquifer) or back into the magma sea.

You cannot build a solution to your problems during an emergency, you can only plan ahead.

Also, for crossbowmen, maybe you should try playing with the system when you have something like an untamed hoary marmot trapped in a room where your marksdwarves can practice shooting at it with a cage trap ready so that you can play around with different things you can do to get your crossbowmen to work right.  They're pretty buggy right now, and you have to do things like make sure that you don't assign both training bolts and regular bolts at the same time, or they'll use neither.

You can also disarm goblins with the dump designation, then un-dumping the cage itself, and that will make goblins nice and unarmed and good punching bags for training some inexperienced military.

(And you can't sell any creatures at all because of a bug, so don't even try it.)
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 [2]