Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Survival/Settlement RPGs? (HnH, Wurm)  (Read 9025 times)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survival/Settlement RPGs? (HnH, Wurm)
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 01:55:48 pm »

No one has made the spore joke yet? Huh....

Eve has some of the features you want, but no, the game you described, that everyone wants, is not exsists.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 02:09:24 am »

Spore is not a joke.  It is a serious warning.

edit.  The wasteland settler mod for FalloutNV may one day get somewhere near (or closer) to what you (and yes, we all) want.  Mount and Blade warband and especially some of the mods have that starting off being a peasant belting looters with a stick for pennies on your lonesome and work your way up to King o'er all the lands with a great smacking army feel about them.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 02:23:15 am by jester »
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 04:18:23 am »

The wasteland settler mod for FalloutNV may one day get somewhere near (or closer) to what you (and yes, we all) want.
It won't. Arcoolka quit modding :(. Real life is a bitch.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Trappin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 04:24:27 am »

Wurm on an emulator server.
http://wurmemu.com/forum/index.php

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 11:51:32 am »

Dawntide?

Edit: Also, Shores of Hazeron. Not very survival-y but it covers the other elements.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 03:08:05 pm »

I cannot get Dawntide or WurmEmu to work on my computer.  One to a 64-bit Java error, and the other to a launcher issue that hasn't been resolved yet.  Grrrrr.  >:( >:( >:(
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

raalph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 06:02:36 pm »

Unreal World?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 06:29:08 pm »

The wasteland settler mod for FalloutNV may one day get somewhere near (or closer) to what you (and yes, we all) want.
It won't. Arcoolka quit modding :(. Real life is a bitch.

yes this was one of the biggest blows to the Fallout Mod scene to date.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 12:42:58 am »

I've been looking for a game like that for YEARS, eventually gave up.
Shores of Hazeron kept me busy for quite a while, but college is making me get away from games almost completely.

I cannot get Dawntide or WurmEmu to work on my computer.  One to a 64-bit Java error, and the other to a launcher issue that hasn't been resolved yet.  Grrrrr.  >:( >:( >:(

Dawntide sucked when I went on a beta, it's framerate and lag issues were really bad.
Someday when I'm bored I'll probably try the WurmEmu though... can you change stuff like skill decay/skill gain status?
This may be a real dumb question, but I never tried running any 'big game' servers on my computer.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Darkren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 06:36:46 am »

Wurm on an emulator server.
http://wurmemu.com/forum/index.php
I was disappointed to find this is nothing than a Wurm private server; I had my hopes up for finding an actual (downloadable) wurm emulator. Turns out the "Head GM" announced it will never be open source. Grand shame, since it would be perfect for offline play. :(

Wurm seems to remain the top choice, UnrealWorld looks like a close-second, and Xsyon looks like it's a distant third (same gameplay concept from what I can tell, but weird-looking different-looking style and setting). Going to be giving UrW a try.

Aristharus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 07:07:31 am »

hinterland was more of an rts, and it almost sucked.  There was an old game called afterburn or something where you controlled a post apocalyptic settlement
I think you mean Burntime, which was a pretty good game actually, but I don't think it fits the OPs description of what he's looking for very well.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
Pages: 1 [2]