Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Bay12Nomic - There is no God  (Read 7803 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12Nomic - The Yearly Itch
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2011, 07:32:26 pm »

I propose that Death Squads patrol these forums and kill all forum members that do not follow the law!

I also propose that this forum follows an Arch-Conservative agenda!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2011, 07:40:28 pm »

When a player makes a proposal, that player has an implied vote for that proposal until otherwise changed.

THIS!

Rules will not be followed until written into the official ruleset by a player with the role of God.

NO!

"Roles" are an attribute that players can possess. Roles come with any number of any number of the following properties: "Powers", "Requirements", "Limitations", "Responsibilities", and said properties must be stated when the Role is being added to the Rules.

THIS!

I propose that if player with the status of God does not post in this   thread for a time of two weeks game is considered concluded and everyone   participating loses.

NO!

I'd also like to propose that rules are attributed to their creator /   last modifier and that if a rule is repealed / modified that person's   votes don't count for a period of 24 hours. This proposal would of   course have to attribute ownership retroactively.

NO!

Quote from: Grek link=topic=78128.msg2018599#msg2018599   date=1298661498
666. The position of   "God" will be transfered to the proposer of the most recently accepted   proposal.
666.666. The holder of the position of God cannot win the   game while they are God.

NO!

I propose that each accepted rule shall be given a name by God, for easy reference.

THIS!

I propose that a player can declare themselves Negative, and that Negative players shall be counted as voting No! on all proposals unless they specify otherwise.
NO!

I propose that if God does not post in the thread for 4 days, it will be strapped of the title and the next person who posts may freely declare themselves the new God.
NO!

I propose there can be no more than one God at any given moment.

THIS!

I propose that Tylui (and all future posters holding the title of "God") shall be referred to by other posters with the prefix "Supreme Chancellor".

NO!

I propose that Death Squads patrol these forums and kill all forum members that do not follow the law!
NO!

MAYBE!

I propose that it takes at least three votes (including the initial proposer) for a proposal to be excepted.
NO!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:33:04 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2011, 04:43:59 pm »

Just as a reminder the only two acceptable votes are "THIS!" and "NO!"... CAPS MATTER. No other responses will be recorded. :)
Where is the rule that says this? I clerly did not intend that when I vrote the rule and untill you said that evryone acted as if it didn't matter. There is no rule that says your position as god gives you any special authority over what rules mean.

I propose
Things do not matter unless specificly stated otherwise in the rules
THIS!

Quote from: Furtuka link=topic=78128.msg2019248#msg2019248   date=1298676672
I propose

in preparation for an extended   absence God may appoint a temporary god until God is able to return

The   temporary God shall be referred to as Bruce

Bruce shall only   have 3 votes instead of God's 5
THIS! THIS! THIS!

I propose that it takes at least three votes (including the initial   proposer) for a proposal to be excepted.
NO!

Quote from: Bdthemag link=topic=78128.msg2019474#msg2019474   date=1298680346
I propose that Death Squads patrol these forums and   kill all forum members that do not follow the law!

I also propose   that this forum follows an Arch-Conservative agenda!
NO! NO!

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2011, 05:41:30 pm »

all rules must after the implementation of this rule.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2011, 05:47:07 pm »

When a player makes a proposal, that player has an implied vote for that proposal until otherwise changed.

THIS!

Rules will not be followed until written into the official ruleset by a player with the role of God.

THIS!

"Roles" are an attribute that players can possess. Roles come with any number of any number of the following properties: "Powers", "Requirements", "Limitations", "Responsibilities", and said properties must be stated when the Role is being added to the Rules.

THIS!

I propose that if player with the status of God does not post in this   thread for a time of two weeks game is considered concluded and everyone   participating loses.

THIS!

I'd also like to propose that rules are attributed to their creator /   last modifier and that if a rule is repealed / modified that person's   votes don't count for a period of 24 hours. This proposal would of   course have to attribute ownership retroactively.

NO!

Quote from: Grek link=topic=78128.msg2018599#msg2018599   date=1298661498
666. The position of   "God" will be transfered to the proposer of the most recently accepted   proposal.
666.666. The holder of the position of God cannot win the   game while they are God.

NO!

I propose that each accepted rule shall be given a name by God, for easy reference.

THIS!

I propose that a player can declare themselves Negative, and that Negative players shall be counted as voting No! on all proposals unless they specify otherwise.
THIS!

I propose that if God does not post in the thread for 4 days, it will be strapped of the title and the next person who posts may freely declare themselves the new God.
THIS!

THIS!

I propose that Tylui (and all future posters holding the title of "God") shall be referred to by other posters with the prefix "Supreme Chancellor".

NO!

NO!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

I propose that it takes at least three votes (including the initial proposer) for a proposal to be excepted.
THIS!
What do you think? Yes? No?

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2011, 01:21:23 pm »

THIS IS THE NEXT BATCH OF AWESOME.

I propose that WeirdSound is an elf, and should be subject to much magma (lava is for elves)
NO PASS! 0 votes.

4.5: All violations of rule 4 will be made punishable, retroactively, by Weeaboo.
NO PASS! 0 votes.

9. I propose that any future instances of the number 9 should be colored purple.
NO PASS! -4.

10. Abstaining from a vote shall be announced with Maybe!
PASS! +3/-1

11. There shall be 3 councilors , if theres a tie they vote if THIS! or NO! A councilor is elected by vote from all players each week.
NO PASS! -1

I propose that everyone shall receive a complementary cake for participating in this game.
PASS! +1

PASS! +9

PASS! +7/-2

Roles are an attribute that players can possess. Roles come with any number of any number of the following properties: "Powers", "Requirements", "Limitations", "Responsibilities", and said properties must be stated when the Role is being added to the Rules.
PASS! +3/-1

I propose that if player with the status of God does not post in this thread for a time of two weeks game is considered concluded and everyone participating loses.
NO PASS! -2/+1

I'd also like to propose that rules are attributed to their creator / last modifier and that if a rule is repealed / modified that person's votes don't count for a period of 24 hours. This proposal would of course have to attribute ownership retroactively.
NO PASS! -2/+1

#. I'd like to propose the following two rules are repealed.
PASS! +1

666. The position of "God" will be transfered to the proposer of the most recently accepted proposal.
NO PASS! -2/+1

666.666. The holder of the position of God cannot win the game while they are God.
NO PASS! -2/+1

13. I propose that posting a image of a glove shall be considered a proposal to duel to the previous poster
NO PASS! -1

PASS! +3

NO PASS! -2/+2

PASS! +3/-1 (Although, frankly, I have no idea what being strapped of a role does...)

PASS! +4

NO PASS! -3

in preparation for an extended absence God may appoint a temporary god until God is able to return The temporary God shall be referred to as Bruce. Bruce shall only have 3 votes instead of God's 5
NO PASS! +1/-1

NO PASS! +2/-2

NO PASS! -3

NO PASS! -1

Things do not matter unless specificly stated otherwise in the rules
PASS! +1

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2011, 01:27:00 pm »

A SPECIAL CONGRATULATIONS TO:

SHADES

For breaking the game!

HUZZAH!

Now what do we do? Start over?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2011, 01:50:45 pm »

Huh? how is the game broken? I'm prety sure we just try to sort it out and find loopholes to make it work.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2011, 01:52:17 pm »

Strap all rules, make a new thread, start again with all rules BUT the ones who have "God" in them.
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2011, 01:59:20 pm »

A SPECIAL CONGRATULATIONS TO:

SHADES

For breaking the game!

HUZZAH!

Now what do we do? Start over?

Thank you and I'll happily take the credit, but you all had a chance to vote no on that.

also

Technically the game can continue in four days regardless. Although if anyone posts a rule that passes we have an issue in 24 hours when the rule has to be added but we have no god to add it.

Edit: In fact if you think about it the lack of any god means he can't have posted in the last four days and you could probably argue that rule could come into effect now.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:02:49 pm by Shades »
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2011, 02:02:37 pm »

@ShadpwZane: omg I think strap just became the perfect in-joke.

@Armok: Oh look, Shades found a loophole!

@Shades: Yeah I thought about that but I thought it would be funnier to give one person the credit.

Also, I think the rule will still pass, but won't be followed until 4 days from now, when the God writes it into the rules. That's basically what's been happening anyway since I don't have time to be on the computer every time a proposal's 24 hours are up.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2011, 02:06:16 pm »

• I propose that each accepted rule shall be given a name by God, for easy reference.
I propose this rule is altered to include the fact God should reword the rule so that it isn't written as a proposal in the rules list.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2011, 02:12:49 pm »

Oopsies. I meant to have done that anyway! :O I was just so upset with the game breakiness.

To clarify:

The first person to post after 10:21:23 am GMT -08 on Friday, March 4, will gain the role of God.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:27:12 pm by Tylui »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2011, 02:21:41 pm »

Hey wait a moment, who said that removing the rule that originally gave him the role retroactively straps him of it?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2011, 02:23:20 pm »

@ Tylui: To prevent (up to) 24 separate valid posts to claim the role of god, please clarify what time zone this date and time applies to.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6