Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Bay12Nomic - There is no God  (Read 7784 times)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12Nomic - The Yearly Itch
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2011, 12:43:27 pm »

THE FOLLOWING PROPOSALS ARE CLOSED.

ANY VOTES CAST FOR THEM AFTER THE 24 HOUR MARK WERE IGNORED.

I propose that Tyuli gains the role of God, and his vote is worth 5 times more than the average player.
PASS (3 Yes/2 No)

4: Rule proposals must be numbered and the resulting rule will be refereed to by that number.
NO PASS (2 Yes/2 No)

5: votes on a rule proposal must quote the original proposal and be either "THIS!" or "NO!"
PASS (4 THIS!/2 NO!)

6. All questions reguarding "What is a nomic?" shall be answered by this site.
PASS? (2 THIS!/1 NO!)

7. Lazy answers to a question asked, will be void and requires to be written in a way that explains the actual question asked.
NO PASS (3 THIS!/3 NO!)

Retro's Big Neigh
NO PASS :( (0 THIS!/2 NEIGH!)

8. Anyone using a noun must use a creative euphemism for that noun instead of the noun.
NO PASS (1 THIS!/3 NO!)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 01:16:34 pm by Tylui »

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 01:26:01 pm »

11. There shall be 3 councilors , if theres a tie they vote if THIS! or NO! A councilor is elected by vote from all players each week.
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 01:29:12 pm »

11. There shall be 3 councilors , if theres a tie they vote if THIS! or NO! A councilor is elected by vote from all players each week.
No!

I propose that everyone shall receive a complementary cake for participating in this game.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 01:33:40 pm »

I hope you don't mind that I rewrote some of the proposals. If I had your intent of the rule wrong let me know, and I'll change it again. If you don't like that I rewrote them, well you can suck it; I'm God now. Also, they were written as proposals not as rules so it'd be silly to have a rule written as "I PROPOSE THAT HERP AND DERP" because that's not really a rule. :O

Now, for some proposals of my own:

When a player makes a proposal, that player has an implied vote for that proposal until otherwise changed.

And I vote "THIS!" for this proposal.

Rules will not be followed until written into the official ruleset by a player with the role of God.

And I vote "THIS!" for this proposal. This is pretty much implied anyhow, but I just want to make it clear.

"Roles" are an attribute that players can possess. Roles come with any number of any number of the following properties: "Powers", "Requirements", "Limitations", "Responsibilities", and said properties must be stated when the Role is being added to the Rules.

This one I'll let you folks decide on.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 01:48:35 pm »

I propose that everyone shall receive a complementary cake for participating in this game.
No.
"Roles" are an attribute that players can possess. Roles come with any number of any number of the following properties: "Powers", "Requirements", "Limitations", "Responsibilities", and said properties must be stated when the Role is being added to the Rules.
THIS!

I propose that if player with the status of God does not post in this thread for a time of two weeks game is considered concluded and everyone participating loses.
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2011, 01:50:21 pm »

When a player makes a proposal, that player has an implied vote for that proposal until otherwise changed.
THIS!

Rules will not be followed until written into the official ruleset by a player with the role of God.
THIS!

"Roles" are an attribute that players can possess. Roles come with any number of any number of the following properties: "Powers", "Requirements", "Limitations", "Responsibilities", and said properties
NO!

NO! - although I would if you altered your proposal so councillors are appointed until removed and they use their previous affirm/deny vote in the tie check rather than revoting.

THIS! - but I have no idea how it will work

I propose that if player with the status of God does not post in this thread for a time of two weeks game is considered concluded and everyone participating loses.
THIS!

#. I'd like to propose the following two rules are repealed.
  • Tylui has the role of God, and his vote is worth 5 times more than the average player.
  • All questions asking about the nature of a Nomic game shall be responded to with this link.
THIS! (because you have to)

#. I'd also like to propose that rules are attributed to their creator / last modifier and that if a rule is repealed / modified that person's votes don't count for a period of 24 hours. This proposal would of course have to attribute ownership retroactively.
THIS!
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2011, 01:52:30 pm »

9. I propose that any future instances of the number 9 should be colored purple.
NO!

10. Abstaining from a vote shall be announced with Maybe!
NO!

Missed some ¬_¬
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2011, 02:18:18 pm »

I propose the following:

666. The position of "God" will be transfered to the proposer of the most recently accepted proposal.
666.666. The holder of the position of God cannot win the game while they are God.

And also vote THIS! for all of my proposals.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2011, 04:25:13 pm »

13. I propose that posting a image of a glove shall be considered a proposal to duel to the previous poster
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 06:18:39 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2011, 05:32:43 pm »

proposal: A proposal is only adopted if two thirds of all voters are in favor of it.

Votes:
This!
No!
666. The position of "God" will be transfered to the proposer of the most recently accepted proposal.
No!
(also: which set of initial rules are we using?)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:37:30 pm by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2011, 05:50:17 pm »

THIS!

THIS!

This!

I propose that if player with the status of God does not post in this   thread for a time of two weeks game is considered concluded and everyone   participating loses.
No!

I'd also like to propose that rules are attributed to their creator /   last modifier and that if a rule is repealed / modified that person's   votes don't count for a period of 24 hours. This proposal would of   course have to attribute ownership retroactively.
No!

Quote from: Grek link=topic=78128.msg2018599#msg2018599   date=1298661498
666. The position of   "God" will be transfered to the proposer of the most recently accepted   proposal.
666.666. The holder of the position of God cannot win the   game while they are God.
No! on both.

PROPOSALS:

I propose that each accepted rule shall be given a name by God, for easy reference.

I propose that a player can declare themselves Negative, and that Negative players shall be counted as voting No! on all proposals unless they specify otherwise.

I propose that if God does not post in the thread for 4 days, it will be strapped of the title and the next person who posts may freely declare themselves the new God.

I propose there can be no more than one God at any given moment.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2011, 05:58:28 pm »

Just as a reminder the only two acceptable votes are "THIS!" and "NO!"... CAPS MATTER. No other responses will be recorded. :)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2011, 06:23:21 pm »

THIS!

NO!

THIS!

I propose that if player with the status of God does not post in this   thread for a time of two weeks game is considered concluded and everyone   participating loses.

NO!

I'd also like to propose that rules are attributed to their creator /   last modifier and that if a rule is repealed / modified that person's   votes don't count for a period of 24 hours. This proposal would of   course have to attribute ownership retroactively.

NO!

Quote from: Grek link=topic=78128.msg2018599#msg2018599   date=1298661498
666. The position of   "God" will be transfered to the proposer of the most recently accepted   proposal.
666.666. The holder of the position of God cannot win the   game while they are God.

NO NO!

I propose that each accepted rule shall be given a name by God, for easy reference.

MAYBE!

I propose that a player can declare themselves Negative, and that Negative players shall be counted as voting No! on all proposals unless they specify otherwise.

THIS!

I propose that if God does not post in the thread for 4 days, it will be strapped of the title and the next person who posts may freely declare themselves the new God.

THIS!

THIS!

I propose that Tylui (and all future posters holding the title of "God") shall be referred to by other posters with the prefix "Supreme Chancellor".
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2011, 06:31:12 pm »

I propose

in preparation for an extended absence God may appoint a temporary god until God is able to return

The temporary God shall be referred to as Bruce

Bruce shall only have 3 votes instead of God's 5
It's FEF, not FEOF

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2011, 07:13:31 pm »

13. I propose that posting a image of a glove shall be considered a proposal to duel to the previous poster
NO!

THIS!

NO!

THIS!

THIS!

I propose that Tylui (and all future posters holding the title of "God") shall be referred to by other posters with the prefix "Supreme Chancellor".
NO!

I propose
in preparation for an extended absence God may appoint a temporary god until God is able to return
The temporary God shall be referred to as Bruce
Bruce shall only have 3 votes instead of God's 5
NO!

I propose that it takes at least three votes (including the initial proposer) for a proposal to be excepted.
THIS!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6