Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: All this stone!  (Read 1539 times)

Joshkidd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All this stone!
« on: February 23, 2011, 11:27:46 am »

I know how to make the garbage zones that have all the stone in them and one tile, but is there anyway to speed up the process of me manually going over every single piece of stone and pressing D ?

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
Re: All this stone!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:28:45 am »

d-b-d, use those keys and you should be able to mass dump everything.
Blargh.

Nooodz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 11:32:23 am »

I played for months before finding the d-b-d feature. Then i thought of all the time i wasted pressing arrow-d repeteadly. Feels batman.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 11:47:12 am »

Problem if it is sevral z-levels you hhave to mass dump, there should be a quicker way to mass dump/claim/forbid things.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 11:55:00 am »

In the stocks screen, you can designate all your whatever stones in your entire fort for dumping.  Then just go back and area designate the ones that are already dumped or are in stockpiles you want to keep to not be dumped.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 11:57:56 am »

In the stocks screen, you can designate all your whatever stones in your entire fort for dumping.  Then just go back and area designate the ones that are already dumped or are in stockpiles you want to keep to not be dumped.

Hmm.. that could do it..

Red Cossack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 01:13:02 pm »

I think I remember a mention about specialized hauling classes/skills down the road?  I would love a gopher or porter class who gets faster and/or stronger for specializing in this sort of thing.  I currently keep a couple of the more "special" skilled people at work hauling only. 

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 01:28:41 pm »

Go to your mason, set Create Block on repeat and build some awesomesauce aboveground :)

(after you have replaced all your soil walls with block walls ofc)

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 02:45:54 am »

I think I remember a mention about specialized hauling classes/skills down the road?  I would love a gopher or porter class who gets faster and/or stronger for specializing in this sort of thing.  I currently keep a couple of the more "special" skilled people at work hauling only.

Custom Profession in Status screen: Gopher.
Labors disabled: everything but hauling.

;D
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Red Cossack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 11:15:11 am »

Custom Profession in Status screen: Gopher.
Labors disabled: everything but hauling.

;D

Yeah, I already do this in Dwarftherapist, but I thought I remembered a mention that down the road if you had a dedicated porter/hauler, that they would get better at it.  I would love that, have a few guys who can really haul rock/wood fast.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 11:37:26 am »

Urist, legendary rock hauler!
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 12:02:12 pm »

Just leave hauling on most of your dwarves (woodcutters and miners and stuff being the exception), by the time your fortress reaches ten years you'll be drowning in legendary haulers.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 04:01:50 pm »

Actually, this was in reference to Dwarven Economy and nobles.  Namely, nobles will be too snooty to move their own socks around, and thus have someone with hauling enabled to move their precious, precious socks into their cabinets for them, paying them a small fee.  With a large enough fort, you could have a few of these dedicated domestic haulers who move things around for the dwarves who are shifting rooms or getting married.

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 04:17:26 pm »

That's cool as long as nobles will still deconstruct things and pull levers for me.  ;D

Bererez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 04:29:28 pm »

Dig less and use glass. That is my solution.
"ur ist... nein, ich will sagen 'es,' ur es"
Something you might type in a German language class if you were stupid and playing some kind of text tag, I guess.

urist
Pages: [1] 2