Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about df 31.19.  (Read 838 times)

Diverso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about df 31.19.
« on: February 23, 2011, 11:20:17 am »

Hey there, lads. So i have got the new version and got some querstions.
Can honeybees be imported like other animals?
Can i use bumblebees for honey production?
How do i know if there's any honeybees on my embark?
Why do all my animals keep dyins from starvation?
Dungeon master is fixed at last?
How do i get metal? The embark site said there were shallow metals and deep metals. No metals in first 10z levels though :/. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:23:11 am by Diverso »
Only in DF do you get discussions of how to genocide babies and children because they take up resources, slaughter merpeople for their bones, eat raw kitten meat, and set carefree, happy elves on fire.

Is someone keeping track of all these?

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question about df 31.19.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:25:21 am »

No.
I'm not sure but I think not.
You need to make a pasture zone somewhere with grass. You designate it under the i menu.
No.
You have to look for honeybees on the map. They look like an ant nest in previous versions
It isn't wrong but it apparently counts weird things like cinnibar and cobaltite.  If you really found nothing dig around a bit more and deeper, I think shallow can be 20 or so z-levels down. If you found something like that it is just trial and error. DF prospector can speed things up a bit.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:26:53 am by agatharchides »
Memento Mori

Diverso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 01:01:09 pm »

So i set one of my dorfs to fill the hive. No he spams alers about cpuld not find path. What should i do?
Only in DF do you get discussions of how to genocide babies and children because they take up resources, slaughter merpeople for their bones, eat raw kitten meat, and set carefree, happy elves on fire.

Is someone keeping track of all these?

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 09:45:57 pm »

So i set one of my dorfs to fill the hive. No he spams alers about cpuld not find path. What should i do?
Check burrows. Check ramps. You have severed the pathing connection from that dwarf to the hive in some fashion.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 05:30:26 am »

I'm pretty sure you can use bumblebees for honey

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 01:14:08 pm »

I think this has been happening if the Colony he was going to harvest disappears while he's heading to it. 

Is it also possible that there's a river between him and allt he colonies?
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.