Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (31.19) World gen parameters not re-genning properly?  (Read 761 times)

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(31.19) World gen parameters not re-genning properly?
« on: February 22, 2011, 04:10:04 pm »

I found an embark in a 31.19 world that is actually quite good. A savage tropical grassland with a brook, clay, sand, limestone and marble, obsidian, native gold, galena, hematite, malachite and tetrahedrite. Oh, and 4k+ of the blue metal. The only downsides are the relative scarcity of trees and no magma before -48 or so.

I puttered around a bit with it, testing stuff, and then DFHack was updated which enabled me to find out just how nice (for a 31.19 site ;) ) this embark actually is. Of course, this is a test fort so it is a complete mess but I am thinking to make a "proper" fort there once some bugs are fixed. Unfortunately, contrary to my usual habits, I didn't backup the initial, untouched save -- I have one backup right after embark, but that won't let me experiment with slightly different but overlapping embark locations ...

No problem, right? Just get the world gen info and recreate it. So I thought, but it isn't working. The re-genned world I get is completely different, the landmasses and oceans aren't even remotely similar. I've never had that problem before, this was my first attempt at it in 31.19. Has anyone else encountered this problem in the new version?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: (31.19) World gen parameters not re-genning properly?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 04:44:23 pm »

Sounds like you didn't load the seed right, and instead made a new random world.

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (31.19) World gen parameters not re-genning properly?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 04:57:11 pm »

I exported the parameters several times and I just get the same world from them all. Bleh.