Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possesed not taking leather  (Read 325 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Possesed not taking leather
« on: February 22, 2011, 02:22:04 pm »

Any ideas? There's a leather in the stockpile next to him, it's not forbidden, it's not being used...
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Possesed not taking leather
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 02:26:34 pm »

What's he asking for, and what has he collected so far? He might not want the leather yet - moody dwarves collect their materials in a very specific order.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 03:17:10 pm »

Could also be he wants a particular kind of leather.  I don't see that happen with Leather much, but with other things, they sometimes just refuse.  Gems, I think, mostly.  Cloth definitely, but that might be a special case...
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 02:18:51 pm »

Ok, got another asking for leather and thread. With thread, will they ask for specific plant/spider like with cloth?

EDIT:yes.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 02:29:38 pm by EmperorJon »
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.