Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gearedlast, a 0.23.130.23a Community Fortress - Year 1 Over!  (Read 1467 times)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Gearedlast, a 0.23.130.23a Community Fortress - Year 1 Over!
« on: February 22, 2011, 02:10:53 pm »

Aye, I be making a community fort with the ye olde 2d DF! Anyway, I've embarked in a Tropical Broadleaf Forest. Yay for elephants. Anyways, I'll try to update a lot, one season/year and update except for special events (AKA a siege). The first seven dorfs : Three miners, a carpenter, an engineer, a mason, and a farmer. Strike the Earth! Also, the engineer is going to be used for story puposes. No dwarfing with him.

Year 1 : Pages 1-2
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:37:10 pm by JacenHanLovesLegos »
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Gearedlast, a 0.23.130.23a Community Fortress!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 03:24:23 pm »

I'll take one o' the miners. Name 'im Derm. Make 'im notable.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 03:55:47 pm »

Alrighty. Currently in late spring.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 06:02:46 pm »

My first Spring:

1st of Obsidian, 1053

Today I got a note from the king himself at my bedroom door. "Dear Nomal Avalnil, Engineer, I would like to give you the great honor of leading an expedition to found a fortress. You may take six colleagues of your choice. A wagon will be waiting for you at the entrance. All your cargo will be in there." Eh, not too much work here for an engineer anyway.

1st of Granite, 1054

We've arrived! I've ordered our miners to start digging into the cliffside for the cave river the Mountainhomes said would be here.

8th of Granite, 1054

The cave river has been struck! Luckily, no flood has happened. Now to expand our entranceway.

12th of Granite, 1054

The cave river is overflowing. Ingish the miner told me has become more agile. Whatever that means.

17th of Granite, 1054

Farms and farming workshops are being dug out. Doo dee doo.

23rd of Granite, 1054

An idiot miner decided that when he finished our farm channel that he would take a swim into the middle of the river. Speaking of which, the farm and farmer's workshops and stills have been dug out and are being made. I've ordered a nook to be dug out for a trade depot.

28th of Granite, 1054

Food stockpile being dug, doors being crafted. That's about it.

6th of Slate, 1054

We've struck silver!

15th of Slate, 1054

... It seems our brave seven have fallen asleep on the job.

25th of Slate, 1054

Carpenters workshop has been made and so has the mechanics workshop! Hurrah for mechanisms!

7th of Felsite, 1054

The statues I had commisioned are starting to be put in my room of levers! And a miner started demanding to be called Dem. I have ordered a floodgate prepared for the farm.

23rd of Felsite, 1054

Summer is coming close, and I have ordered tables and thrones to be crafted by our mason. The floodgate lever is ready for connecting.

Spring Summary : Farm watered but not started, stockpiles indoors, some workshops, and a trade room.

Spoiler: Fort (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:37:50 pm by JacenHanLovesLegos »

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 06:24:46 pm »

Whoa, classic.

Dwarf me as a mechanic and mad sciencedwarf who has the bizarre delusion that siege engines are actually effective.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 07:16:35 pm »

Great! Next engineer that comes by gets you! The starting engineer is for the story.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 07:19:58 pm »

I call Gaaben, the homicidal crazy mean evil disgruntled friendly axeman

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 07:37:58 pm »

Make me a miner, preferably the one who went for a swim in the river(if he survived) cause that sounds so much like me.
Nom nom nom

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 07:42:45 pm »

Nah, he died. But you can have the other miner. Most of the water/magma/lava antics I do get a dwarf killed (usually the miner) so be ready for re-dwarfings.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 07:44:16 pm »

ahhh ya, I love dieing, I just call the new dwarf possesed :D
Nom nom nom

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 08:15:25 pm »

Summer :

1st of Hematite, 1054

Ahhhh... Summer. What a cheerfull season! Plus it has a month named after iron! We celebrated summer by draining the water from our farm room so we could, well, farm! And more celebrations with our dining room!

4th of Hematite, 1054

I've ordered our mason and miners to start building a bridge across the river. I need more room to build a statue garden! Too bad there are no leapords here. Or maybe there our and I just haven't seen them!

5th of Hematite, 1054

I've ordered the farmer here to plant some plump helmets, and then some more plump helmets! Also, a moat with enough space for a wagon. And some siege engines of course.

7th of Hematite, 1054

Our carpenter/woodcutter is complaining about a cougar interrupting her tree cutting.

28th of Hematite, 1054

Been awhile since my last entry. I canceled the moat project, instead going simple. Also, a metalsmith arrived with our anvil! Unfortunatly, he was alone. I have also officially bestowed upon myself the title of Expedition Leader

9th of Malachite, 1054

The bridge across the river has been finished! However, our miners are busy with our moat outside.

16th of Malachite, 1054

Bridge across our moat is done, and the moat is about to get filled.

18th of Malchite, 1054

Two of our dogs got stuck in the water and couldn't get out, and I myself was almost taken by it's currents!

3rd of Galena, 1054

The miner I was talking to a few hours ago got a strang look in his eye and demanded he be called Kilikan. Strange.

22nd of Galena, 1054

Dem came to me and said he had become very agile. I then asked him why he told me this and he left. The second farm is being installed with a precaution : a bridge so our miner whether it be Kilakan or Dem won't drown.

24th of Galena, 1054

These rocks are going to kill us! They block our farm doors and if a gremlin or even us pulls the farm lever, we'll all drown!

Summer Summary (hehe): Less digging and more filling up the space we have with stuff. Project Moat is done.

Spoiler: Fort (click to show/hide)

Also, feel free to correct my mistakes or suggest something for the fort.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 08:19:30 pm »

god been so long since i played this, but shoudn't you have a few more supports, looks a bit dangerous in some places.
Nom nom nom

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 08:22:41 pm »

A cavern collapse only happens on a 7x7 or more open area. So 6x100 hallways = good.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 08:24:35 pm »

My miner appears to be called Dem instead of Derm?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 08:25:45 pm »

Oops. Derp.
Pages: [1] 2