Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 6 - Pawntown wins! Argembarger and Jack live happily ever after!  (Read 28138 times)

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 6 - Day 1 - Chess Motifs
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2011, 12:50:13 pm »

It doesn't lock. I vengekill.

Bullshit. You are scum, you can't vengekill. But if you were able to vengekill, you should vengekill Pandarsenic, just for tradition's sake.

Modface, how much am I allowed to communicate once I become confirmed town? I want to establish this before I speak anything game-related.

This is clearly laid out in the rules:
On Death:
When you are dead, either by lynch or vengekill, you must post your true role PM (except for scumbuddy name and chat link), vengekill if appropriate, and stop posting. Talking between the lynch and the vengekill is allowed but discouraged. Just accept death and move on, don't linger in limbo. Cheating attempts will get you a permanent ban!
As soon as the hammer has fallen, the dead person has posted his/her PM, and vengekill'd if appropriate, game proceeds directly to the next day phase. Waiting for the Mod is not necessary.

Say your piece, post your thing, and go back to your midterms. Just don't dawdle; let us see instead if we can keep the game going before Elvis shows up.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 6 - Day 1 - Chess Motifs
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2011, 02:56:39 pm »

Yeah. What Book said, pretty much.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 6 - Day 1 - Vengekill, Pandar
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2011, 03:26:11 pm »

You are an Angry Pawn (townie)

You've been regarded as a human shield, a mere, insignicant part of their plans.  You've been ordered to trudge forwards slowly to your inevitable doom.  Well, not any more.

Now... it's payback time.

Credits to Leafsnail for this.

Book, I hope very much that you're satisfied with my Vengekill. I was going to shoot Argembarger for his rather abrupt hammer but I suppose I can shoot you instead, if you want it so bad.

So fuck off. You're Vengekilled.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2011, 03:27:07 pm »

Also, if I'm wrong about Book and Argem really is scum, well too fucking bad and that's what Book earns for pissing me off while I have a vengekill and I'm running on 4 hours of sleep.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2011, 03:32:43 pm »

Book
has been vengekilled. He was The Queen(mafioso)

You are the Queen (mafioso)
Your king is some random guy.

You can communicate in private here.
Day 2 begins.
Living Players:
Argembarger
Jack A T
NativeForeigner

Flavor will be incoming.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 03:36:35 pm by Ottofar »

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 6 - Day 2 - Pawn takes Queen
« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2011, 03:45:07 pm »

Bah humbug. Nice shot, dude.

I won't post my PM since Ottofar already did. Glad it wasn't Elvis who killed me, though. Now hear me, other dudes: Get this done!
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2011, 04:50:09 pm »

Well, it would have been horrible if it hadn't been one or the other.

I abrupt hammered because the game's been slogging on long enough. And I presented my case on Pandar a while ago, feel free to go read it, tell me if my reasoning wasn't sound. He was the only person at the time that I wanted to vote, and I explained why. In retrospect, he was way too easy of a target for everyone, Book included.

Looks like it's reread time, though. I'm gonna be rather busy today, unfortunately. Gotta get a lot of housework done that I keep procrastinating on, as well as some computer science homework.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2011, 07:37:33 pm »

SCORE ONE FOR CAPTAIN MIDTERMS

Speaking of which, I guessed on like half the problems on the midterm I had today. It was multiple choice. Fffffffuuuuuuuu-
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2011, 01:59:51 am »

Huh.

Didn't expect this, but hey, one scum dead.

NativeForeigner: Book was saying that he felt that Argembarger was second scummiest after Pandar.  What do you think of that?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2011, 02:34:49 am »

Huh.

Didn't expect this, but hey, one scum dead.

NativeForeigner: Book was saying that he felt that Argembarger was second scummiest after Pandar.  What do you think of that?

Judging from his quickhammer, I'm willing to agree with Book despite him flipping scum. It was probably said to generate wine.

How do you feel about it? What are your feelings towards me?

Argem: Do you regret your quickhammer? Yes, Pandar was acting in a rather terrible way, but do you feel you were justified in hammering that quickly?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2011, 02:54:22 pm »

Argem: Do you regret your quickhammer? Yes, Pandar was acting in a rather terrible way, but do you feel you were justified in hammering that quickly?

Well, obviously I regret lynching town. The problem here is that the hammer wasn't quick at all: Day 1 lasted nearly nine days. I felt there was enough evidence to justify the hammer. The game was getting sloggy and slow, and with Pandar neck-deep in midterms, I somewhat doubt he would have said anything particularly revolutionary, even at lynch-1. Hell, he asked for a replacement.

Was it ideal, pro-town behavior? Probably not. But I don't really care; I'm more interested in finding scum. Now that Book has flipped, his interaction with others can be analyzed with the appropriate context.

Jack A T, you smell of scum. Between you and Native, you have been less open with your opinion. Not only that, but Book pressured you by far the least out of all of us. No question for me? You seem to want Native to focus on me right away. Are you afraid of scrutiny? What are your "suspicions", hm?

Native, even though I suspect Jack more right now, you're not quite out of the woods. Who are your suspicions? Why do you call what Book said WIFOM and then say you agree with it? That's a little weird. Do you typically hold the opinion of confirmed scum in high regard?
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2011, 05:08:30 pm »

Well, obviously I regret lynching town. The problem here is that the hammer wasn't quick at all: Day 1 lasted nearly nine days. I felt there was enough evidence to justify the hammer. The game was getting sloggy and slow, and with Pandar neck-deep in midterms, I somewhat doubt he would have said anything particularly revolutionary, even at lynch-1. Hell, he asked for a replacement.

Was it ideal, pro-town behavior? Probably not. But I don't really care; I'm more interested in finding scum. Now that Book has flipped, his interaction with others can be analyzed with the appropriate context.

Jack A T, you smell of scum. Between you and Native, you have been less open with your opinion. Not only that, but Book pressured you by far the least out of all of us. No question for me? You seem to want Native to focus on me right away. Are you afraid of scrutiny? What are your "suspicions", hm?

Native, even though I suspect Jack more right now, you're not quite out of the woods. Who are your suspicions? Why do you call what Book said WIFOM and then say you agree with it? That's a little weird. Do you typically hold the opinion of confirmed scum in high regard?

I'm sorry, I should have clarified what I meant by quickhammer. What I meant was there was only a couple of hours and zero posts between Jack's post and your hammer. However, I still see your point.

Jack: In addition to my previous question, I looked back to your vote on Pandar. It seems like you only threw your vote on Pandar because the game was getting uninteresting rather than because you were convinced he was scum. Why did you do this? Are you scum that was hoping to avoid being the one to hammer?

Argem: Though his statement was indeed WIFOM, I do find your hammer suspicious, but not damning. I don't tend to let things go because a confirmed scum pointed you out for it earlier. That's how scum wins games, by misdirection. "Oh, Argem can't be Book's scumbuddy, there's no way Book would point out his buddy when he's probably gonna get vengekilled". However, I don't hold it in as high regard as you might think for the very same reason, it's just something to note.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2011, 08:42:13 pm »

How do you feel about it? What are your feelings towards me?

I find it impossible to interpret without taking huge risks: thinking about it gets me into the full "I know that you know that I know that you know" mood that wine tends to cause.  And I don't really consider Arg's hammer a quickhammer.  The game had hit the slow, lurky point a few days before the hammer, and there was a bunch of evidence against one guy, and nothing worthwhile was happening.  I'm kind of amazed by how long it took for the final votes to come.

My feelings towards you...I could not get a good tell on either of you, but I will note that you only really became active after the Book/Pandar conflict had most of our attention.  Your content posts were solid, but had this cold, distant feeling to them.  It feels more like the sort of activity I'd expect from a godfather than that of Argembarger, but it's too early for me to really tell, and my evidence against you is lacking.

Nobody was actually asking anyone anything, I was about to go to sleep, I realized that I hadn't posted that day, and so I started a conversation with the first usefulish-looking thing I could find.  I asked NF about it because, well, it tends to be more useful to see the opinion of someone who wasn't involved in the thing.  And it seems to have worked: people are talking, discussing, posting, and stuff.  Afraid of scrutiny: Nada.  My suspicions?  Currently, I suspect NativeForeigner more than you, as explained in my answers to his questions.  However, I have to wonder about your switch from "And Jack's been open with his opinions and analytical and logical like a townie." to "Look, everyone, Jack's not open enough with his opinions, so he's afraid of scrutiny and scummy!"  All in all, I'm really not sure who to vote yet.  Need a better read on both of you. Book did well at dominating the discussion.

I kind of wonder why nobody seemed to really be pressuring me much yesterday.

Jack: In addition to my previous question, I looked back to your vote on Pandar. It seems like you only threw your vote on Pandar because the game was getting uninteresting rather than because you were convinced he was scum. Why did you do this? Are you scum that was hoping to avoid being the one to hammer?
The game had slowed to a crawl, nobody was doing anything, and one of the major players was basically midterming out.  The arguments had hit the point of just being insults.  It was extremely unlikely that we would have gotten anything out of continuing.  Pandar had felt scummy for most of the day, so I finally voted for him.  Oh, and no, I'm not scum (did anyone not expect me to say this?).

Argembarger: Which do you think is more likely: Most of Book's actions were meant to make him look more townlike, or most of his actions were meant to implicate people after his death?  I'm personally tending towards the latter: Book was taking an action that was almost definitely going to get him vengekilled.
NativeForeigner: Would you have preferred it if Argembarger waited a day or so before finally hammering?  Would that really have helped the town?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2011, 09:12:34 pm »

Jack: But what were your primary reasons for suspecting Pandar to be scum? A complete rehash isn't necessary, just a quick debrief.

NativeForeigner: Would you have preferred it if Argembarger waited a day or so before finally hammering?  Would that really have helped the town?

I honestly would have preferred if there were at least a few posts in between your vote and the hammer. A day or so wouldn't have done anything, but a few extra posts would probably have given us an idea of who the Godfather is.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2011, 09:21:34 pm »

Jack: But what were your primary reasons for suspecting Pandar to be scum? A complete rehash isn't necessary, just a quick debrief.
Inconsistent RVS behaviour, seemingly deliberate uselessness, and the absolutely brilliant "My hatred of RVS is pro-town because it looked scummy and thus made people discuss it making us go to real discussion, and thus my hatred of RVS is pro-town" argument.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13