Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 6 - Pawntown wins! Argembarger and Jack live happily ever after!  (Read 28115 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 6 - Day 1 - Chess Motifs
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 01:54:51 pm »

Er, yeah, that should've said 1-3 and not 1-4. I reordered and renumbered them and didn't fix that.

I'm curious why you think 2 is so much more likely than 1; are you, perhaps, a godfather, Argembarger?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 02:05:09 pm »

unvote

Er, yeah, that should've said 1-3 and not 1-4. I reordered and renumbered them and didn't fix that.

I'm curious why you think 2 is so much more likely than 1; are you, perhaps, a godfather, Argembarger?

No, but I'm not Jack A T, either.

Tay more appension?

Jack A T: If you were the godfather, would you consider bussing your mafioso from the start of the game?
That's an interesting question. Arg: Would you? Feel free to wait until Jack responds before answering if you wish.

I think I probably would, actually. It seems like it'd be a fairly powerful and devious strategy, as long as the Godfather is skilled and experienced, and neither one of them does anything particularly stupid.

Book: How should a mafioso act in relation to the Godfather?
In the scumchat, with obsequious deference, swooning admiration, and sycophantic devotion ("Yes sir, Mr. Bossman! Your wish is my command, Your Deviousness!"). In the thread, exactly the same as with any other player.

Hm, let me try a different angle:

You're the Mafioso, and your Godfather is coming under some heavy pressure. What do you do?
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 02:27:32 pm »

How is it so hard for people to write my name?  First Jahck.  Next, Jake.  Now I'm Argembarger?

And no, I'm not godfather, and no, I did not say it was much more likely, only more likely.  The mafioso's job is largely to make sure that the godfather isn't lynched D1.  Having the mafioso in the game changes the odds.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 03:34:09 pm »

How will you react if we have a vengekill? Do you think you will be the ever-popular target?
Of course we have a vengekill. Probably.
I find your wording here unclear. Do you mean "of course there's a possibility of a vengekill, it's in the rules"? or "of course we'll have a vengekill, probably a townie will be lynched D1"? or "of course I have a vengekill, I'm clearly townie"?

Please clarify, with reasoning behind it if possible.

The question to Native helps by initiating the day's discussion.
And yet it didn't. Not really. What did you expect to get from a flavour-only question? I find it interesting that yours was the only initial RV question that didn't actually poke at people's reasoning/motivations within the game or in relation to scumhunting. Like you wanted to appear to stir discussion without really having scumhunting in mind. Your failing to notice who's answering your questions doesn't help change this impression. So, Unvote, vote Pandarsenic.

Book and Jack A T, accounting for player skill levels, how likely do you think it is that:
1) We hit Godfather day 1
2) We hit Mafioso day 1
3) We hit a townie who vengekills a Mafia member
4) None of the above
5) One of the 1-4 happens and the other Mafia member is implicated by that Mafia member's posts
Not sure, too early to say. I'd think 2 & 3 are about equally likely, but that's a wild guess.

Hm, let me try a different angle: You're the Mafioso, and your Godfather is coming under some heavy pressure. What do you do?
In general, play as normal. I wouldn't hammer him, and if voting him and hammering is imminent, I'd unvote him, but otherwise I wouldn't jump in front of the bus for him, as it'd be too obvious a screen and therefore a futile move in any event. But it'd depend on circumstances, of course.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 03:47:42 pm »

unvote

No, but I'm not Jack A T, either.

Tay more appension?

How is it so hard for people to write my name?  First Jahck.  Next, Jake.  Now I'm Argembarger?

And no, I'm not godfather, and no, I did not say it was much more likely, only more likely.  The mafioso's job is largely to make sure that the godfather isn't lynched D1.  Having the mafioso in the game changes the odds.

Argh, sorry. Running on about 6-7 hours of sleep and only halfway through my classes for today, including the oral part of my Russian midterm.

How will you react if we have a vengekill? Do you think you will be the ever-popular target?
I find your wording here unclear. Do you mean "of course there's a possibility of a vengekill, it's in the rules"? or "of course we'll have a vengekill, probably a townie will be lynched D1"? or "of course I have a vengekill, I'm clearly townie"?

Remember how what you quoted was followed with "Do you mean how will I react if a townie is lynched?" Your wording was highly ambiguous, but I interpreted it as "Does the town have a vengekill according to the rules," which was an obvious yes, with room for you to explain if your unclear wording had another meaning. Which you ignored and instead flailed at me with that crap. Thanks.

And yet it didn't. Not really. What did you expect to get from a flavour-only question? I find it interesting that yours was the only initial RV question that didn't actually poke at people's reasoning/motivations within the game or in relation to scumhunting. Like you wanted to appear to stir discussion without really having scumhunting in mind. Your failing to notice who's answering your questions doesn't help change this impression. So, Unvote, vote Pandarsenic.
Uh huh. Because it's not an established fact that Pandarsenic hates the RVS. Whaaaaaatever.

Book and Jack A T, accounting for player skill levels, how likely do you think it is that:
1) We hit Godfather day 1
2) We hit Mafioso day 1
3) We hit a townie who vengekills a Mafia member
4) None of the above
5) One of the 1-4 happens and the other Mafia member is implicated by that Mafia member's posts
Not sure, too early to say. I'd think 2 & 3 are about equally likely, but that's a wild guess.
Wild guess or not, it must have some reasoning. Explain it.

Hm, let me try a different angle: You're the Mafioso, and your Godfather is coming under some heavy pressure. What do you do?
In general, play as normal. I wouldn't hammer him, and if voting him and hammering is imminent, I'd unvote him, but otherwise I wouldn't jump in front of the bus for him, as it'd be too obvious a screen and therefore a futile move in any event. But it'd depend on circumstances, of course.

Answers in orange. I don't feel bad about that because I don't care about "people" who aren't running Darkling. If they don't like it, they're welcome to run the Darkling Theme.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 04:44:35 pm »

Answers in orange. I don't feel bad about that because I don't care about "people" who aren't running Darkling. If they don't like it, they're welcome to run the Darkling Theme.
Right back at you, buddy. I notice you're still wasting time discussing stuff completely unrelated to the game or scumhunting. You really seem to have zero interest in finding who the scum is, don't you?

(Apologies to other "people" or people out there, regardless of their friggin' forum settings).

Argh, sorry. Running on about 6-7 hours of sleep and only halfway through my classes for today, including the oral part of my Russian midterm.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!
== Pandarsenic ==
Using school as excuse for lurking/being an idiot/paying no attention to the game.

Is this going to be a running theme with you this game? How many midterms should we expect you to use as excuse for scummy behaviour?

Remember how what you quoted was followed with "Do you mean how will I react if a townie is lynched?" Your wording was highly ambiguous, but I interpreted it as "Does the town have a vengekill according to the rules," which was an obvious yes, with room for you to explain if your unclear wording had another meaning. Which you ignored and instead flailed at me with that crap. Thanks.
My wording? For me to explain? You do realise it was not I who asked you that question, yes?

Uh huh. Because it's not an established fact that Pandarsenic hates the RVS. Whaaaaaatever.
Whaaaaaatever? Yeah, very interested in finding scum, you seem.

Sure: it's more likely we'll hit a mafioso than a godfather, as the gf may bus him but not the other way around; it's also likely we'll hit a townie. As there are four-out-of-five likely lynch candidates (since the maf will resist the gf lynch), at a wild guess the two selected options are about equally likely, but it will depend greatly on how people play.

The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 05:30:00 pm »

Jack A T: If you were the godfather, would you consider bussing your mafioso from the start of the game?
Yes, if he started acting too scummy.  Makes me look more town-like.

I think you answered the wrong question. It's not whether you'd bus him defensively if he acted scummy, but whether you'd bus him from the start of the game as a premeditated, aggressive tactic of misdirection. If you would, how far would you see it through? All the way to his lynch, or would you back off before that? If you wouldn't, why not?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2011, 06:04:49 pm »

Yes, if he started acting too scummy.  Makes me look more town-like.

I think you answered the wrong question. It's not whether you'd bus him defensively if he acted scummy, but whether you'd bus him from the start of the game as a premeditated, aggressive tactic of misdirection. If you would, how far would you see it through? All the way to his lynch, or would you back off before that? If you wouldn't, why not?

Quite possibly, if my partner agreed to it and wasn't far more skilled than me.  I'd be fine if it went to his lynch (and, in fact, would probably have to encourage that, just to avoid looking bad to the town), but I'd rather see a townie get lynched and vengekill him.  I'd still benefit from the misdirection, and a townie would be dead.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2011, 06:46:54 pm »

Right back at you, buddy. I notice you're still wasting time discussing stuff completely unrelated to the game or scumhunting. You really seem to have zero interest in finding who the scum is, don't you?

(Apologies to other "people" or people out there, regardless of their friggin' forum settings).

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!
== Bookthras==
Be a stupid bitch

Is this going to be a running theme with you this game? How many midterms should we expect you to use as excuse for scummy behaviour?
That depends on how many times I confuse people's names because I'm exhausted.

My wording? For me to explain? You do realise it was not I who asked you that question, yes?

I did not, but I realize it now.

Whaaaaaatever? Yeah, very interested in finding scum, you seem.

I was on so I felt obligated to post despite hating RVS. What more do you want exactly?

Sure: it's more likely we'll hit a mafioso than a godfather, as the gf may bus him but not the other way around; it's also likely we'll hit a townie. As there are four-out-of-five likely lynch candidates (since the maf will resist the gf lynch), at a wild guess the two selected options are about equally likely, but it will depend greatly on how people play.
Meh, I'm tired. I'm going to drift in and out of consciousness until dinner then eat then shower then sleep.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2011, 08:00:26 pm »

Jack A T, Native Foreigner: If a person who you thought was scummy had two other's votes on him, how soon would you hammer him? What would need to happen before you did?

I question the person in question until I was certain he was innocent or guilty. Then I would hammer or try to find a better candidate.

NativeForeigner: What would you do if the hammer was falling on you?

I would do my best to prove my innocence and, if all else fail, try to nail scum with the vengekill.

Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2011, 08:00:51 pm »

Pandar: You seem to have a midterm every other week...

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2011, 08:04:59 pm »

Jack A T, Native Foreigner: If a person who you thought was scummy had two other's votes on him, how soon would you hammer him? What would need to happen before you did?
I question the person in question until I was certain he was innocent or guilty. Then I would hammer or try to find a better candidate.

Certain? Certainty is hard to come by in this game. Unless you are scum. Are you? What would it take for you to become certain?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2011, 09:31:36 pm »

Certain? Certainty is hard to come by in this game. Unless you are scum. Are you? What would it take for you to become certain?

I guess certain wouldn't be the right word. No, I'm not scum. It would take a lot for me to be absolutely certain, so I'll answer for "reasonably convinced". Mostly it would take for the person in question to convince me of a more likely or scummier person as well as who their partner might be.

What about you?

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2011, 09:41:43 pm »

I guess certain wouldn't be the right word. No, I'm not scum. It would take a lot for me to be absolutely certain, so I'll answer for "reasonably convinced". Mostly it would take for the person in question to convince me of a more likely or scummier person as well as who their partner might be.

What about you?

What about me what? Am I scum? No. To be certain? Catching them in an outright lie is a pretty strong way, as is failing to notice inexcusably blatant scummy behaviour on someone else. But yeah, 100% certain is a rare thing.

Jack: You haven't asked anyone any questions at all since the one on your first post. How do you plan to find the scum if you don't ask questions? What's your opinion on Native's answers above? How about Pandar's apparent disinterest in scumhunting? Please ask Arg two useful questions, and after he has answered, give your own answers as well.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2011, 10:00:17 pm »

Wow, Book. Aren't you an active one? Answering questions meant for other people... Taking over my line of questioning for Jack...

Jack: You haven't asked anyone any questions at all since the one on your first post. How do you plan to find the scum if you don't ask questions? What's your opinion on Native's answers above? How about Pandar's apparent disinterest in scumhunting? Please ask Arg two useful questions, and after he has answered, give your own answers as well.

This looks quite suspiciously like mentoring to me. What's up with that?

Smaller FOS on NativeForeigner. Your vote is still on Book from your initial random vote. Why? State your case. I don't think you have one though, since all you've pretty much done after your first post is react to others and defend yourself.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13