Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 6 - Pawntown wins! Argembarger and Jack live happily ever after!  (Read 28104 times)

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
Re: Vengeful Mafia 6 - Day 2 - Pawn takes Queen
« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2011, 06:33:25 pm »

Also,

Book: You're the Mafioso, and your Godfather is coming under some heavy pressure. What do you do?

;)
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2011, 07:02:04 pm »

Nice, my first real victory.  Well played, and good game, everyone.  I thought I was doomed for a while there.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2011, 07:17:17 pm »

Also, Book: You're the Mafioso, and your Godfather is coming under some heavy pressure. What do you do?
;)
Be vewwy vewwy quiet... Man, it was hard restraining myself from posting here and on the scumchat (which is here, though we weren't very talkative).

Also, a major raspberry blown at Pandar and all of you for making this officially the first time ever I fail to win as scum. Every other game where I had been scum, I had won... but Pandar had to come rain on my parade, and then Arg and Jack hammered the point home, while Native failed to protect the honour of his queen. Curses. Triple curses.

Oh well, nothing lasts forever, I guess.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2011, 07:41:13 pm »

The Vengekill Pandar combo has also been broken.

Truly a revolutionary match.
I can see it now.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2011, 07:58:33 pm »

Ah, but is it notably revolutionary?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2011, 08:04:56 pm »

Also, Book: You're the Mafioso, and your Godfather is coming under some heavy pressure. What do you do?
;)
Be vewwy vewwy quiet... Man, it was hard restraining myself from posting here and on the scumchat (which is here, though we weren't very talkative).

Also, a major raspberry blown at Pandar and all of you for making this officially the first time ever I fail to win as scum. Every other game where I had been scum, I had won... but Pandar had to come rain on my parade, and then Arg and Jack hammered the point home, while Native failed to protect the honour of his queen. Curses. Triple curses.

Oh well, nothing lasts forever, I guess.

Hey, I tried.

Argem: To be honest, those weren't because I was scum. I was just more cautious because it was a Vengeful game and if I was town and had come across that information, I would have been sure that Jack was scum. Basically, I was playing like I would if I was town at that point. :P
Still, you chose well.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2011, 08:19:31 pm »

Like I said, the reasons I gave were probably nonsense.

Perhaps a more experienced player can tell you what kinds of tells you were dropping.

I just went with my gut feeling. It's not like I flipped a coin to decide or anything (I wouldn't have kept you guys waiting nearly 48 hours for a coin toss lol)
I can see it now.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2011, 09:37:42 pm »

Well your gut was right.

Book: I've failed to uphold my queen's honor. What could I have done better?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2011, 01:16:45 am »

Well, you did pretty good on your own, nothing that screamed "scum!" to me or anything like that. Indeed, you had Arg rather fooled until the end, as he said. A couple of things come to mind:

- You were too reserved and uncommitted at the beginning. Sure, that was part of the plan, as I stole the spotlight battling Pandar, but you took too much advantage of it. I think that a bit more oomph on your D1 play, maybe going after Arg or Jack and leaving the Pandar/Book thing aside, would have worked better, and seemed more useful for those rereading just now in preparation of the final hammer.

- After the vengekill, the game turned lurky at times, and you oscillated between "Not much. PFP" and huge, needy-looking posts. I thought a couple of them were scummy, but I knew you were scum, so it may just have been my bias playing out. Maybe I'd have waited a bit before casting my vote (which absolved Arg, he got away with that too easily), but on the other hand, lack of voting/progress was making the game too slow and tedious. A faster game would have been better for all, but especially better for you. Too bad you couldn't poke them all with a cattle prod.

Overall, you did quite well, don't worry about it. But yeah, shame about your queen and all. Damn Pandar, he wasn't even going to shoot me at all, it was a last minute tantrum thing instead of a good calculated shot. He got lucky.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 6 - Day 1 - Chess Motifs
« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2011, 02:16:56 am »

It doesn't lock. I vengekill.

Bullshit. You are scum, you can't vengekill. But if you were able to vengekill, you should vengekill Pandarsenic, just for tradition's sake.

Modface, how much am I allowed to communicate once I become confirmed town? I want to establish this before I speak anything game-related.

This is clearly laid out in the rules:
On Death:
When you are dead, either by lynch or vengekill, you must post your true role PM (except for scumbuddy name and chat link), vengekill if appropriate, and stop posting. Talking between the lynch and the vengekill is allowed but discouraged. Just accept death and move on, don't linger in limbo. Cheating attempts will get you a permanent ban!
As soon as the hammer has fallen, the dead person has posted his/her PM, and vengekill'd if appropriate, game proceeds directly to the next day phase. Waiting for the Mod is not necessary.

Say your piece, post your thing, and go back to your midterms. Just don't dawdle; let us see instead if we can keep the game going before Elvis shows up.

Just for reference, Book, you literally lost the game for yourself with this post. I was going to shoot Argembarger for his rather rapid hammering until you pissed me off with that.

I get you like to troll other players but this time it backfired rather badly on you.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2011, 03:04:37 am »

As I said, you shot me out of a tantrum, not as a reasoned decision intended to win the game. The post didn't lose the game, your bruised whiny sensibilities being hurt causing you to strike at random instead of playing to win did it; it just happens that you got lucky. Had I been town, you'd be saying that I lost the game for town for that post, forcing you to vengekill me. Bullshit. Take responsibility for your own actions, and for your lack of reasons when you shot.

...and also, I don't put so much emphasis on my own death. Sure, it'd have been great if you vengekilled someone one else, but my death didn't cripple the scum. Native had a fair shot at victory, and at times seemed he'd pull it off. It's a team game, after all, and his triumph would have been my triumph as well, your tantrum and all.

But yeah, I enjoy trolling self-important blowhards, and you are a particularly amusing one to do it to. You and Jim. Oh how boring this place would be without you lovable irascible little rascals.  8-P

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2011, 03:53:24 am »

I'd thought you were scum the whole time. It wasn't like it was completely random. You may be able to tell by the part where I called you scum, which consisted of the entire first day.

You goaded me from doing something along the lines of Darvi's KM4 plan where someone confirmed town gets a fairly compelling body of evidence against one person (ideally, hitting your Godfather and leaving you with 2 townies going "Uh huh. Hi, Book.") and you convinced me to abandon that would-be misvengekill to shoot the person I was sure of with your goading, which ultimately changed an instant scum victory into an eventual town victory.

So yeah, take some responsibility for your own actions, you hypocritical troll. You pissed me off enough for me to go with my original plan of "Shoot the cocky obvscum in his face" and lost your instant win.

Your scum loss was your own fault. You got someone lynched for reasons I knew you weren't dumb enough to believe then goaded me into going with the person I'd thought was scum all day. Get over it and get over yourself.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #177 on: March 10, 2011, 09:31:11 am »

I can see it now.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 10, 2011, 09:36:13 am »

[...]along the lines of Darvi's KM4 plan [...]
I had a plan?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 10, 2011, 09:43:35 am »

Argem: Would you mind explaining in a little more detail what made you choose me? I'd like to know so I can better my game.

If you're interested in outside opinions, I thought it was you and Pandar pretty early in D1.  Others were coming up with walls of text, while you were putting in "me too" posts.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78028.msg2017283#msg2017283
Here you pick Pandar and Book.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78028.msg2020993#msg2020993
Now you're on Jack because of Pandar's argument (and response to it)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78028.msg2024731#msg2024731
Back to Pandar and Book.

It looks like you're flipping around trying to follow the wagon.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13