Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: I think "magic" will spring into existence.  (Read 4313 times)

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
I think "magic" will spring into existence.
« on: February 22, 2011, 12:43:04 am »

In the form of "smart matter". it will be one of the results of the singularity. such an exciting thought, wish that i could live to see it though.....
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: I think "magic" will spring into existence.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 12:44:10 am »

Magic already exists.

Where do you think your coffee came from in the morning?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 12:45:25 am »

I agree, but in the form of "unicorns". it will be one of the results of the secret pony breeding program. such an exciting though, wish that i wasn't allergic though...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 12:47:07 am »

It sounds a lot easyer to just plug the entire human race into a rather large computer and basicaly make ourselves gods of the matrix.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 12:48:26 am »

It sounds a lot easyer to just plug the entire human race into a rather large computer and basicaly make ourselves gods of the matrix.

Until some giant asteroid hits, and we cannot do anything about it, because we all are inside a cumputer simulation.  :P

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 12:49:56 am »

In the form of "smart matter". it will be one of the results of the singularity. such an exciting thought, wish that i could live to see it though.....

I agree, but in the form of "Magical Girls". It will be the result of secret government research into alien technology from another dimension. Such an exciting idea! ... Pity we won't survive the plot-integral alien invasion.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Kardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 12:53:25 am »

I agree, but in the form of "Magical Girls". It will be the result of secret government research into alien technology from another dimension. Such an exciting idea! ... Pity we won't survive the plot-integral alien invasion.
Speak for yourself.  I'll be conducting solar magic research on the moon when it happens.  Sucks be to you all.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 12:54:22 am »

Until some giant asteroid hits, and we cannot do anything about it, because we all are inside a cumputer simulation.  :P

Let the comuter AI take care of it. I mean we did give it missles and such, right?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 12:54:41 am »

Why would aliens be unable to travel to the moon? I mean, that doesn't even make sense. It's not logical!

Kardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 12:57:10 am »

Why would aliens be unable to travel to the moon? I mean, that doesn't even make sense. It's not logical!
Neither is the magic I used from the future to cloak the moon in the present.  Oh so magical~

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 12:58:03 am »

I plan to survive the inevitable Alien Invasion by virtue of being really awesome. Following this, I will procure a magical Katana and work together with my friends to destroy the foul aggressors!! For Great Justice!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 01:01:48 am »

Because the moon has the ability to reflect the sun's rays as lasers at aliens. And only aliens (otherwise we would all be crispy crunchies by now). And the moon has a trigger-happy personality.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 01:03:19 am »

Because the moon has the ability to reflect the sun's rays as lasers at aliens. And only aliens (otherwise we would all be crispy crunchies by now). And the moon has a trigger-happy personality.

So that's why I feel abit more hairy and full of energy at full moon..

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 01:04:26 am »

So that's why I feel abit more hairy and full of energy at full moon..

No that's... another reason.   :-\

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 01:07:51 am »

Let the comuter AI take care of it. I mean we did give it missles and such, right?

Why would you leave it up to a commuter AI? I don't want the planetary missile defence system to be offline just because the mainframe got stuck in a traffic jam.

You guys really think the singularity with its fancy virtual reality and flying cars will improve things? No. Imagine gridlock in three dimensions.

But you know, since magic is going to appear and all.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5