Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: I think "magic" will spring into existence.  (Read 4299 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: I think "magic" will spring into existence.
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 01:09:56 am »

Not to mention the concern of public transport strikes, and what happens if the commuter AI forgets it's bus fare? Is the world to burn for the sake of a single public transport ticket?
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 01:11:30 am »

I for one oppose the idea of a single AI to control everything.
Instead, put my brain in a jar and let ME control everything.  8)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 01:12:31 am »

How would you control everything if your brain was in a jar?

And does it have to be a jar? Would Tupperware be okay?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 01:12:56 am »

I for one oppose the idea of a single AI to control everything.
Instead, put my brain in a jar and let ME control everything.  8)

Well we can do the first now, and you will have to wait for tecnology to catch up for the second. Now lay on this bench, and hold still.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 01:14:35 am »

I dunno, I think I prefer artificial intelligence to natural stupidity.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 01:16:11 am »

You may benefit from joining my non-mainstream religion  :D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 01:17:55 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 01:17:14 am »

I'm currently helping with the moon cloak project. It's stagnated where it is today, and has been for a few million years. We just can't build up enough power to cloak it 24/7. We usually only end up with a full cloak once a month, and the rest of the month the cloak only has partial power. One day of the month, the thing even shuts fully off!

Anyone got ideas? Magma isn't an option because the moon doesn't have magma, and we can't steal from earth.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 01:19:47 am »

I'm currently helping with the moon cloak project. It's stagnated where it is today, and has been for a few million years. We just can't build up enough power to cloak it 24/7. We usually only end up with a full cloak once a month, and the rest of the month the cloak only has partial power. One day of the month, the thing even shuts fully off!

Anyone got ideas? Magma isn't an option because the moon doesn't have magma, and we can't steal from earth.

Shove the moon into a different dimension and put a fake in its place, like a giant cloaked ship or something.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Kardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 01:21:43 am »

I don't know what moon you are on.  Mine doesn't let your sort land on it.  On my moon, we get /results/ the same way we got the cloak.  From the /future/.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 01:22:55 am »

Oh I try to write something witty, but everytime I try, my brain farts and I go "eh, nevermind..".

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 01:26:42 am »

In the form of "smart matter"....

You may benefit from joining my non-mainstream religion  :D

Seriously, they have a ten-minute long rant of speculation about the fundamental particle of religious enlightenment on one of their CDs (Media Barrage 11 IIRC)....
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 01:30:46 am »

I don't know what moon you are on.  Mine doesn't let your sort land on it.  On my moon, we get /results/ the same way we got the cloak.  From the /future/.
Oh, I'm from that other dimension. You know that one? We've got dwarfs.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 01:32:13 am »

I believe they prefer the term 'Height Challenged'.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 01:36:22 am »

I, too, come from the dimension of tired jokes about 'Height Challenged' people.

Kardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 01:36:58 am »

I believe they prefer the term 'Height Challenged'.
I know I would at this point in the game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5