Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Those crooked cloth theiving dwarves  (Read 1002 times)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Those crooked cloth theiving dwarves
« on: February 21, 2011, 10:49:02 pm »

Out of the middle of nowhere, my FPS drops from 100-120 to 15. I checked the events, there was an elven caravan coming, I figured they had fired their lag-cannon at me, or they were carrying a ridiculous amount of items. But no, that wasn't it. The FPS drop wasn't from having over 20 animals, wasn't from weather and temperature being on...

That fps hit was the result of 30 dwarves all pathing to one destination. The Elves cloth bins.

They didn't even reach the trade depot before I had a line of 30 dwarves carrying cloth and thread into the fort. I officially love my dwarves for this. There's nothing I can see more profound than robbing the elves before they even reach the trade depot, where I will rob them again.

I'll probably trade their cloth back to them for some logs...

Further examination shows every dwarf had the job description (take item to hospital) or something like that, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I could definitely see a bug where work zones don't recognize ownership of items.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:07:41 pm by darkrider2 »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Those crooked cloth theiving dwarves
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 10:55:14 pm »

OH GOD THIS IS AMAZING!

Hospital zone, stock 9,001 cloth and thread.
Caravan
PROFIT
Remove zone
Repeat
PROFIT AGAIN!

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 11:02:24 pm »

Someone should really put this up on bugtracker...

Angel-of-Dusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 11:09:03 pm »

Out of the middle of nowhere, my FPS drops from 100-120 to 15. I checked the events, there was an elven caravan coming, I figured they had fired their lag-cannon at me, or they were carrying a ridiculous amount of items. But no, that wasn't it. The FPS drop wasn't from having over 20 animals, wasn't from weather and temperature being on...

That fps hit was the result of 30 dwarves all pathing to one destination. The Elves cloth bins.

They didn't even reach the trade depot before I had a line of 30 dwarves carrying cloth and thread into the fort. I officially love my dwarves for this. There's nothing I can see more profound than robbing the elves before they even reach the trade depot, where I will rob them again.

I'll probably trade their cloth back to them for some logs...

Further examination shows every dwarf had the job description (take item to hospital) or something like that, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I could definitely see a bug where work zones don't recognize ownership of items.

HOLY SHIT!

100-120 FPS? How the hell did you manage that? Mines like 30 and Im on a 3x3 embark

Peaceful Slugman

• Bay Watcher
  • dont axe me bro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 11:39:55 pm »

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 12:48:49 am »

100-120 FPS? How the hell did you manage that? Mines like 30 and Im on a 3x3 embark

My computer recently got a factory reset. Then I went through and cleaned out a bunch of useless programs. It runs pretty fast compared to what it was capable of before. Also it's only the second year of the fort.

already has been in the bug tracker

Oh good, I don't have an account so I can't add things anyway.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 03:07:24 pm »

I had this happen. It was awesome. It was awesome.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.