Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heh heh heh he.... Meep...  (Read 1087 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Heh heh heh he.... Meep...
« on: February 21, 2011, 09:03:49 pm »

So I finally found a world where I could pick where I wanted to go, and find a nice place to build my first fortress for .19...
A lovely little place where there is a brook a few embark tiles away from the mountain wall. So I include it into my Embark zone so its like 8x6 tiles or so, something nice like that...

I arrive and discover the mountain COVERED in limonite veins scattered all over, and I begin looking for the brook so I can get the running water source that it is. I went too far down and noticed this weird looking thing, it was a light blue stone that was 4x4 with a 2x2 space in the middle open to the air below. Weird I think, trying to press the k button and fubbling around with capslock, I bring the cursor over this stone...

Heh...

I go up, and find that it continues and branches out like a tree for around 8zs above the brook level...

Heh...

I go down, and find this 4x4 pattern continued for around 32z down from the brook level...

Heh...

Is that a bright red *

heh...

Is that 2x2 gap in the middle of that blue thing open to the air...

heh.......

Meep....

Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heh heh heh he.... Meep...
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 09:19:02 pm »

Sounds like you've got the entertainment ready for the year. :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 09:22:24 pm »

Sounds like you've got the entertainment ready for the year. :D
Actually the map was unplayable, 1 or so FPS... I even noticed a bit of weird terrain off the the far right where the land was cut in a round shape

Code: [Select]
+++
+++++
+++++
 +++

And there was water at the bottom. I regenned the world and made an embankment that covered the whole area.
No Candy tree or that weird hole... Creepy...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 09:25:48 pm »

It should become more playable once the first caravan arrives.  If you are lucky you won't have to wait until then to dig or cut down trees like previous victims lucky winners.  :P
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 09:32:48 pm »

It should become more playable once the first caravan arrives.  If you are lucky you won't have to wait until then to dig or cut down trees like previous victims lucky winners.  :P
Playable. Mate I was waiting like a minute for the Dwarves to even take a step...

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 04:42:10 am »

Playable. Mate I was waiting like a minute for the Dwarves to even take a step...
From posts by others that have discovered Armok's Whiskers at the surface, if you are getting more than 1 FPS you are indeed blessed by Armok himself.  Most of the problem is from your uninvited dinner guests setting up their GPS navigation systems to guide them (pathing) to your dwarves and cats.  :o  :D