Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two Handed Weapons  (Read 1801 times)

MisterLich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Two Handed Weapons
« on: February 21, 2011, 07:17:49 pm »

Hello, quick question.  I just made a human swordsman and he has a two handed sword in ONE hand, how do I make him use both hands on it, or will that even make a difference?

MisterLich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Two Handed Weapons
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 07:21:35 pm »

Also another question, sorry for being a noob to Adventure mode.  I was talking to someone and they said they wanted me to go kill a goblin that was a "Half day travel east of here", but I don't know how to find this goblin because the world is so large.  Did they place a marker or something?  It's in my quest log as "Kill Sitsu Silverbridged!"  but I don't know how to find them.

MisterLich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 08:24:07 pm »

Bump, just trying to figure out the two handed thing.

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 08:40:47 pm »

There should be a button in the quest log to roughly tell you where to go.  I don't know about the two hands thing.  Sounds like a glitch.

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 09:08:56 pm »

try dropping the sword and while having both hands empty pick it up again. it should then multigrasp it.
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 09:15:05 pm »

There should be a button in the quest log to roughly tell you where to go.  I don't know about the two hands thing.  Sounds like a glitch.
There is. "Z."
I think that two-handed is just a descriptor.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 09:19:17 pm »

Dwarves need to use two handed weapons with two hands because of their size compared to the dwarf. Humans don't and can use a shield too. It doesn't have any effect on gameplay and you will get your arse handed to you quickly if you don't have a shield.

Press 'Q' and then 'Z' to have the quest log direct you to where to go. 

Cody1750

• Bay Watcher
  • The Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 05:49:57 pm »

Not sure about version 2010, but in 40d if you use a 2 handed weapon in one hand it reduced damage.
Dieing is easy, living is the hard part.
Cacame Awemedinade, Elven Dwarf King, the universes awesomest elf ever.  Follower of The Way of Axe, Blood and Coal
If your armor was 50% as good as two other civs and 30% as good as a third, do you really think you'd do well in war? That'd be like trying to engage a rocket-launcher mounted Humvee with a pistol riding a tricycle.

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 04:33:15 am »

if you plan on using the shield then it'd be better if you just find another sword like a long sword or a scimitar

two handed swords are not accurate when not multi grasped at least it seems that way when i use it...

but i think it deals the most damage to enemies compared to other swords when you dont take quality in consideration

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 12:02:15 pm »

Two handed weapons do indeed get penalties to their attacks when wielded one handed. However it is possible for your character to be large or strong enough to wield a large weapon one handed with no penalties.  Currently the only way to tell is this method.

1 Drop your weapon and shield (and anything else being held in your hands).
2 Pick up your 'two handed' weapon.
3 Check your inventory.
4 If the weapon says 'multigrasp' next to it, you require 2 hands to wield the weapon properly and will get penalties for wielding the weapon in any other way.
5 If the weapon only lists one hand next to it, congratulations, your character is large or strong enough to wield the weapon one handed without penalty.  Feel free to grab a shield, or another weapon.

The jist of it is that your character will automatically wield the weapon in two hands if both hands are free.  But they will only do so if they actually require both hands to get the most out of the weapon.

And yes, two handers pack a wallop compared to smaller weapons.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!