Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: The New Web of Pages - [Hiatus]  (Read 9013 times)

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Spring 102 - Migrants]
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2011, 03:52:21 pm »

Kipi smooths stone when she isn't mining.  Doesn't do any engraving though.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Spring 102 - Migrants]
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2011, 06:45:54 pm »

I imagine there would be enough dyed cloth by now for Fuzzy to begin working on making dresses, so that he shall do, until either the season ends or he runs out of cloth.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Summer 102 - NOT THE BOOZE]
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2011, 07:38:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Therleth's Log
1st Hematite

I've run out of bone and am running low on meat.  To fix this, I've hired an apprentice hunter.

I give him half a season before he cracks.

I've also begun construction of my own personal holding area.  I will dig it out myself, to prevent anyone else from knowing the secrets of it.

Blueprints are shoved into a coffer.

I heard that Therleth took an apprentice, and begun construction on a secretive shack.  Two can play at that game!  I've taken my own apprentice to pass on my knowledge of things mechanical.

I've also started to expand my sanctum for my apprentice's housing, as well as my own.

Therleth's Log
1st Malachite

The grounds for my room are complete.  No one else is allowed down here, to ever see it.  From this chamber, I can figure out the secrets of the fort.  It is for the good of the fort that I work alone.

The hand writing changes drastically.  A midnight blue cloth has been placed here as a bookmark.

My godddd Therleth, do you really write this stuff?  Geez, lighten up.

Medical Journal of Doctor Valrandir, PHD
11th Malachite

The Fey Syndrome person has begun crafting.  It is only a matter of time, now.

15th Malachite

He ended up finishing it...  and naming it after himself.  Hmm.  At any rate, he is now a legendary Metalcrafter.  I evaluate it to be 24,000 dwarfbucks.

Therleth's Log
20th Malachite

I found out why we had no meat coming in...  My appointed hunter has not been hunting at all.  Instead, Marmot has been going around complaining about the lack of bolts, and asked me to make some for him.  His wounds will heal with time, but the lesson he learned today will not; make your own damn bolts.  So he did.

Babylon Quarterly
22nd Malachite

Yet more immigrants.  Because we didn't have enough useless haulers.  Sigh.  We are now 41 dwarves in amount.

Kipi's Diary
26th Malachite

I built a working station under ground...  under my own initiative too!  We can start moving workshops down here if anyone wants...  When I told Nergal, he thanked me.

I-I don't know what to say...

--

Scruffy, the undisputed leader of The New Web of Pages, walked into the drink stockpile to greet his friends.  These were the dearest people in his lives.  Besides the amazing cheese-glass figurine in the mountain home, no one else has ever gotten him better.  In fact--

wait.

What.

What is this.

A chair went flying across the room.  The newly deamed Hamlet had never seen such rage in its lifetime.  Damage was rampant...  Shortly put, we have proclaimed a dedicated brewer to our fort, whose only duty is to brew.  It is for the good of us all, lest Scruffy murder another cat.

--

Nergal's Journal
15th Galena

We're desperately trying to get barrels up, as well as some drink, and then suddenly...  humans arrive.  These sky breaking tyrants demand goods and give us tainted works.  I'm loathe to work with them, but we'll leave them be for now...

On the bright side, the tower has reached its peak of 15 stories high.  It now successfully holds the sky afloat.

-- END OF SUMMER 102 --

So yeah.  We're...  out of drink.  Don't worry guys, I'll fix it!  Eheh...  So, what will your Dwarves do in the next season?

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2011, 09:06:37 pm »

Excellent™

For the next Season, Valrandir will start his very own mining project.
As the Doctor of the Fortress, he declares that every dwarf will have proper housing, even nameless migrants on hauling duties.

"First I shall assign myself to Mining, then grab a pick either from the stockpiles or from someone who won't care."
"Nobody must spoil my creation!, I must be the only dwarf mining this area." (Unless unavoidable without tedious micromanagement).

And then, Valrandir will choose a suitable starting point from the main floor, and dig down a 3x3 staircase 5 levels below the main fortress.
Geologic studies must ensure that this project will not be ruined by breaching the cavern, an aquifer or who know what.

"I've already designed the blueprints in my mind while training on my screw pump".
"There will be three floors, each 39x39 in size."

Here are the BluePrints

Legend
  • U = Up Stair
  • D = Down Stair
  • X = Up/Down Stair
Up Room

Middle Room

Down Room

During this "Mining Operation", Valrandir will have all labors disabled except for Mining and all his Medical duties.
He will also continue to act as Broker, Manager and Bookkeeper.

The mining will continue until done.

"I shall mine the great housing hall of Valrandir, housing 200 dwarves in 9x9 rooms."
"Yes, Yes, YESSS!!!!!!"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 09:08:58 pm by Valrandir »

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2011, 12:22:22 am »

Take her off of markswarfing completely. Unassign her bolts. Maybe Marmot will get the hint. Also make sure there's some bolts not in a stockpile, sometimes stockpiles mess with bolt acquisition. From now on, until she can steal a Large Knife from some goblin, she's a dedicated wrestler.

Now that her hole has been dug she shall put a bed, a cabinet, two chests, a table, and a chair inside. Put a door at the tunnel and have her rig up a line of Stonefall traps inside as a temporary defense. Assign the table as a dining room for her and one chest as a barracks. Assign her to the barracks for all equipment storage and sleeping but not for training (unless there's any bugs related to training in one barracks while sleeping/storing in another.)

Dig out a 4x4 alcove and build a pump in there. Designate a 2x2 booze stockpile and a 2x2 food stockpile next to the pump. Have it take from the main stockpiles but once these stocks are full, forbid everything on them. Once she's done digging the food storage/gym alcove disable her mining labor so Valrandir can dig that giant . . . thing out himself.

On this room, minus the tunnel, make a burrow. Nobody shall be assigned to this burrow for the time being, naturally.

She shall pump pump until next season. Valrandir is looking more buff than she is and this is alarming. If the hunter brings back anything she'll lend a hand at butchering if there's nobody else to do it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:39:03 am by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2011, 03:21:46 pm »

[Yeah, I can imagine Fuzzy somehow finding psychosis charming as well.]

This season Fuzzy shall sew cloth images onto anything a cloth image can be sewn onto. When/if he runs out of dyed cloth, he can churn out some more. I wonder how good he's getting at all these things, anyways? I imagine he must be getting fairly good at weaving and dyeing and whatnot by now. And I wonder what his first masterpiece will be... 

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2011, 03:23:45 pm »

He's been revolving between processing thread, dying thread, weaving thread, dying cloth and making bags and dresses.  It's very slow since he's doing the industry by himself.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2011, 03:35:40 pm »

Ah, yeah I suppose. Well, if it's going too slow, I suppose he can apprentice some unimportant dorf to do the processing grunt-work, and possibly the weaving if we get a migrant who is really good at that. On the other hand, a slow cloth industry is less likely to attack gobbos... although that iron artifact will probably do that by itself.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2011, 05:19:39 pm »

Ah, yeah I suppose. Well, if it's going too slow, I suppose he can apprentice some unimportant dorf to do the processing grunt-work, and possibly the weaving if we get a migrant who is really good at that. On the other hand, a slow cloth industry is less likely to attack gobbos... although that iron artifact will probably do that by itself.

We really need to get some sort of metalworking going soon: we've got no traps besides falling rocks and we're all decked out in, what, leather? The pit trap will require building and deconstructing stairs to access for goblinite if we don't but we're a bit vulnerable at present.

I think getting an apprentice is a fantastic plan: if we have some high quality cloth goods to sell we can get our money's worth in military equipment/trap components from the mountainhomes. Hopefully before any ambushes.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2011, 05:21:02 pm »

As a by, I've put three rows of Cage Traps at the main (only) entrance.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Autumn 102 - The Grand Housing Hall]
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2011, 07:16:54 pm »

Fuzzy's Glorious Memory Journal
1st Limestone

I've noticed that I spend more time messing with plants than I do making glorious fashion.  So I've appointed a few of our haulers to weave and process pig tails.  It is for the good of fashion!

The fact that they are both women have nothing to do with the fact that I selected them at all.  That grumpy Therleth has started lining her "secret base of operations" (that everyone knows about) with traps at every turn, and expanded it a bit too.  Bleh!

The Thresher Apprentice apparently despises Nigel's new mechanic-hand.  Probably for her taste in fashions.  Gotta agree!

Therleth's Log
5th Limestone

Attaboy Marmot.  Good job.

6th Limestone

I reminded him of his first lesson.  He is now carving ammunition from bone.

8th Limestone

I have taken the pick in hand, and I aim to carve stone with it.  The clairvoyance was earned through my toiling at the screwpump in my office.  Everything...  is clear.  What I must do.  I must create The Great Housing Hall of Valrandir.  I shall house every single dwarf in this land, instead of packing them in unsanitary hovels.  This...  shall be the greatest project in the fort.  I must put forth the effort for it immediately.  My will must be done.

20th Limestone

Good help is so hard to come by.  One moment she's weaving, like I tell her to, making masterpiece crafts...  and the next, she does this.

Geez, babbling and starting to request strange materials!  She even had the gall to kick me out of my workshop, geez!

Kipi and Nergal's Diary
23rd Limestone

Not much else needs to be said.

25th Limestone

It...  is beautiful...

She doesn't remember anything about designing it though!  I tried and tried to get her to tell me her inspiration, but her minds a blank!  Agh!  This is just...  so frustrating!  I told Therleth, and she thought for a moment...  the only thing she could come up with is "Want me to kill her for you?"  Useless!

Therleth's Log
26th Limestone

Love can bloom on a battlefield.  This is no battlefield.  This is a fucking disaster area.

Blueprints are disgruntedly written, stuffed into a barrel.

My apprentice and I have been given the duty of carpentry.  Apparently we go through enough cages, capturing random bears, that they've gone unloaded for some time.  Feh.  Oh well, at least our projects are proving fruitful.  We've also received more migrants.  Perhaps I'll have to step it up to meet the demand that my services create.

28th Sandstone

I must...  complete...  my project!  It shall be perfect!

9th Timber

While digging, I have found Gold.  Feh, the worth of this petty stone pales in comparison to the housing itself...  but it will raise the value of certain rooms.  Hmm.

Therleth's Log
14th Timber

While I have installed a pumping station for my physical use, I've found a new occupation...  butchery.  Crossbow Marmot has been reeling in kills faster than I can process them.  What disturbs me is his latest report.

We have giant eagles here?!

--

Etur Townlead walked near The New Web of Pages freely.  She had heard horror stories from Vabok, but he was a big whiner anyways.  This place couldn't be that bad.  The first thing that the new Liason, encountered, was wolves.  A pack of them.  All half dead.

This will not end favorably.

Court Record
Edited by Miss Searedcrystal
20th Timber

The Wolves are many.  Macedwarf Nergal and I are to eliminate them.  I shall report of our successes momentarily.

24th Timber

After a short routing session, I killed one wolf and Nergal three.  This was not a competition.  He should not get any ideas of superiority.

26th Timber

I traded our local clothier's goods for a large sum of items.  Our Drink problems are solved for quite some time now, and I acquired two cows.  To Billybob's delight, we've also acquired three Electrum bars and a few bits of gold and silver.  I also acquired a single rose gold.

-- END OF AUTUMN, 102 --

Crossbow Marmot is now a Grand Master Hunter, and a Master Marksdwarf.  Doctor Valrandir is a Skilled Miner, while Therleth is an Adequate Pump Operator.  He's a Novice Butcher, and has been doing basically nothing BUT butchery lately.  I'm suspicious about the lack of Goblin activity...  I know there are Goblins around some where.  Hrm...  So, what will your dwarves do in the next season?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2011, 08:58:15 pm »

We need moar plants! >:O
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2011, 08:58:35 pm »

Hmm. No goblins while hunting? This is odd.

Once we reach 250 - 300 meat, Thereth'll tell Marmot to stop hunting, have him switch off of that labor entirely, and change to military duty. He should patrol the outdoors. Gobbo scum must be hiding somewhere.

Meanwhile, she'll keep pumping and request that a mason construct for her no fewer than four floodgates and six stone blocks. These should also be stored in her room where there's space. If there isn't space, she'll make space.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2011, 09:10:59 pm »

We need moar plants! >:O

You're somewhere around Adept Growing.  You also have your Electrum.  It's just too much for you to do single handedly.  xD

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2011, 09:20:58 pm »

This is most Excellent™  8)

Sorry for the designation hell  :P
Did you use the in-game macro to facilitate it?
If not than, RESPECT!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10