Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: The New Web of Pages - [Hiatus]  (Read 9011 times)

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Spring 101 - Strike the Earth!]
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 09:39:02 am »

Therleth shall hunt, help butcher the corpses, haul the meat, tan the hides, craft bolts from the bones of the fallen, sew some leather armor, build herself an archery range, mumble at Rentorian to make us a weapons rack/armor stand and establish future military patrol routes. If something shows up on-screen she should kill it and see how it tastes. If she gets grumpy due to being on military duty for too long she should either help with the mining/hauling and then sequester herself in a place where she can rack up happy thoughts such as the dining room, frustrated with herself for not having the stamina to be on duty 24-7.

Redundant reminder: I suggest not giving her the hunting labor to avoid those buggy conflicts. Just have her manually kill everything.

Nary a Kobold shall be pursued by her! As a child at her home fort she ran outside hearing tale of the outdoors' abundance of delightfully woven socks and was locked out by a forgetful fortress overseer drunk on "Mountain Dew," the golden ambrosia of Armok himself. A passing Kobold thief "dropped" a pile of prepared meals for her as she starved in the wilderness, and as the vicious dogs drove the Kobold screaming into a pack of zombie groundhogs Therleth came to the conclusion that they were truly a sympathetic and downtrodden race to be allowed whatever goods they can scavenge through cunning and stealth.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:55:08 am by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Spring 101 - Strike the Earth!]
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 12:09:46 pm »

Will update by 5 PM forum time.  Note that each update is only one season, so I'll do my best to do what you guys are requesting in that time.  If you run out of actions, or do not post, you will have hauling jobs on for that time.  Doctor Valrandir is the only one who needs to still post.

Updating right now.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 06:04:57 pm by squeakyReaper »

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Spring 101 - The Sky Is Falling!]
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 06:39:49 pm »

Kipi's Diary
1st Granite, 101

Doctor Valrandir expressed confusion at me bringing the supplies meant for another caravan.  On one hand, his belongings were mixed in with the unsanitary belongings of others...  and a cat.  I personally think the cat is cute.  Very comforting.  The Doctor refuses to touch it.

Therleth commented on how Cats can be slaughtered for tallow.  Tallow that can be made in to soap.  The Doctor cringes at the thought of slaughter, but was comforted by mentioning his precious soap.  Soap might be convenient to have.  Not a priority.

Priorities were made quickly.  Fuzzy suggested we set up a farm growing Dimple Cups.  I suppose he knows best.  I set out to carve some stone.  First was the dumping zone for the buckets, which is a system Fuzzy suggested.

The next is the farm area itself.  I do not expect this to take long.  I hope it will not.  The sky looks like it will fall if we stay under the sun any longer.  Nergal agrees.

Scruffy has claimed leadership, due to his Drunken status.  We agree that it is to be admired.  The Doctor is not impressed.  Therleth set out to start building as many things as possible.  He scares me.  I think I will hide in the farming stockpile, it is insane for him to make the butchery outside like he has.

3rd Granite, 101

We struck Tiger Iron and Turqouise just as we started.  None of us really care, but Fuzzy squealed and talked about how fashionable Jewels are during Moonstone.  He then attempted to hug me.  The Doctor later scolded me about how using picks for mining and disembowlment is unsanitary.

13th Granite, 101

Therleth hunted down and killed a fox.  She loaded up with a copper crossbow and several bolts.  Mostly the crossbow.

17th Granite, 101

Finished the farms, and started dumping.  I am overwhelmed with the urge to dump the water in myself.  Nergal tells me to hurry up and mine so he can get out of the blinding sun and stop damaging the clouds, but...  I just feel this compelling force.  Must...  dump...  water...

Nergal's Journal
1st Slate, 101

BY THE GLORY OF ID KILRUDZAS LIMULAVUS ID

THE SKY IS FALLING

I'M SORRY

I'M SO SORRY SKY

I DIDN'T MEAN TO

WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN

Fuzzy's Glorious Memory Journal
16th Slate, 101

We have two weird-os babbling about water.  Doesn't matter, my farms are done, and I can totally plant Dimplecups now.

That total psycho Therleth also bashed another Deer to death.  Like, so weird.  That freak Kipi also stabbed me in the toe with her pick.  Like wow, you'd think she's never seen my kind of beauty before!  Don't worry, I'll win her over with my charm~

Scruffy McBoozebreath's Record
18th Slate, 101

There are random scrawlings and drool all over the page.  There's only one readable sentence in thick writing.

HE TOOK MY FLASK

IT HAS MY BOOZE

I HAS BEEN ROBBED

AAAAJ;E;EEE

The rest is completly illegible.

Babylon Quarterly
1st Felsite, 101

The dining area has been finished.

I've been told to gloss the stone over to make it pretty.  Feh!  More obsession with looks.  My dorm back at the mountainhomes had one piece of furniture in it- and I could not only eat, sleep, sit and use it to write, but also floss my teeth!  Practicality, you idiots.  I'll smooth it over for now, but mark my words...  there will be nothing smooth about the quips I write upon those walls!

Medical Journal of Doctor Valrandir, PHD
12th Felsite, 101

I have finally been able to convince these people to finish the dining room and place chairs among the floor.  No longer will I have to eat standing up, or...  outside.  There is a visible streak of shuddarance along the paper.  I look forward to enjoying my first meal.

13th Felsite, 101

I quite liked it!  I must ask Therleth what he put into this.  Very delicious.  In fact, I'll ask now.

14th Felsite, 101

The page is filled with incoherent scrawling and tattered at parts.

Therleth's Log
15th Felsite, 101

That insane Doctor babbled at me.  He is ingrateful for the services I provide.  When on the battlefield, one must be willing to eat anything.  I once survived for three weeks straight eating only a half a ration of prepared ant brain.  No matter, our bedroom quarters are prepared.

I look forward to sleeping in solitude.  This rain reminds me too much of that war back in 83.

Kipi's Diary
16th Felsite, 101

The Doctor requested me to place beds in our new bedchambers.  I informed him that we did not prepare beds.  He was at a loss, so he asked Therleth.  Therleth instructed me to take an axe and chop down a tree, then make it into a bed.  I informed him that we did not prepare axes, either.

He seems upset for some reason.

Therleth's Log
21st Felsite, 101

I fought a few wolves today.  Took an injury in the leg.

I told my leg to stop being a pussy.

Feels better already.

--  END SPRING, 101 --

Stocks:

So, what will your dwarves be doing next season?

EDIT:  Fixed two images.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:40:56 pm by squeakyReaper »

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Summer 101 - The Sky is Falling!]
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 08:48:51 pm »

looks like I still have craft making and grouching about the lack of walls and traps to do.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 09:35:56 pm »

Fuzzy will plant pig tails (if they can be planted in summer -- I can't remember off the top of my head whether or not they can. If they can't, then he'll reluctantly plant edible plants) which can be either processed into thread or brewed into alcohol. In his spare time he will process the dimple cups into dye (assuming we have the proper facilities to do so -- if we do not, I suppose he'll just laze around and hit on girls).

Also, holy cow those are fitting traits for him. And I can imagine Fuzzy insisting that those who question his creativity are just prudes.  :P

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 09:38:31 pm »

Pig Tails are for Summer and Fall.  Dimple Cups are year round.  You can make a Quern (or Millstone) at a Mason's Shop, which lets you mill...  but you need bags for that, and I don't think you have any.  Still, I'm going to follow all suggestions to a T; just make sure to think them through.

Luftwaffle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Spring 101 - The Sky is Falling!]
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 06:06:49 am »

M-my flask!
Sruffy attempts to mandate the production of two bismuth bronze flasks. He continues to scrawl illegibly and drool everywhere, but in a somewhat disgruntled fashion.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2011, 09:13:05 am »

Therleth will build a wall around her workshops with a roof to keep out goblin arrows. Four workshops in all: butcher's shop, tanner, leatherworker, bone crafter. This shall be Therleth's Ominous Shack. Over-hunting can lead to a scarcity of prey, so only five animals maximum shall be killed this season. Their bodies too shall be prepared into delicious tripe and eyeball sushi, and their bones into bolts. Time-permitting, she should also see to the completion of a barracks.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2011, 09:20:25 am »

There's a temp barracks thrown outside.  Nergal absolutely hates it.  But yeah, you can make a little shack.  Right now, you're in active military, told to kill things, then taken off military.  You have Hunting enabled, so you grab their corpses, then butcher them, then tan them, then cook them.  All by yourself.  xD  It requires a lot of micromanagement, since you keep picking fights with everything on the map if I don't watch you.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2011, 12:22:58 pm »

There's a temp barracks thrown outside.  Nergal absolutely hates it.  But yeah, you can make a little shack.  Right now, you're in active military, told to kill things, then taken off military.  You have Hunting enabled, so you grab their corpses, then butcher them, then tan them, then cook them.  All by yourself.  xD  It requires a lot of micromanagement, since you keep picking fights with everything on the map if I don't watch you.

Hmm, I don't want to suck up time. I'll edit my tasks: next season I'll just build the shack, move the barracks indoors, make some archery targets for training and spend my time using them. Leave on my butchery/tanning/bone carving/leatherworking labors for making crafts if necessary.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:15:17 pm by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
  • It's amazing what you can do without a conscience
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2011, 03:13:24 pm »

Just keep nergal alternating between training and any masonry stuff that needs to be done.  He'll be especially happy to make any ceilings for the outside, we can't just go around damaging the sky whenever we want to go the butchers shop after all!
Sometimes I find myself sitting around asking myself, "Why?"
Then I come to my senses and respond "Well why the hell not?"

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2011, 06:37:03 pm »

Going to update in about two hours.  I have to finished this damned Database Programming homework.  These are the only commands I'm following so far;

Just keep nergal alternating between training and any masonry stuff that needs to be done.  He'll be especially happy to make any ceilings for the outside, we can't just go around damaging the sky whenever we want to go the butchers shop after all!
Hmm, I don't want to suck up time. I'll edit my tasks: next season I'll just build the shack, move the barracks indoors, make some archery targets for training and spend my time using them. Leave on my butchery/tanning/bone carving/leatherworking labors for making crafts if necessary.
M-my flask!
Sruffy attempts to mandate the production of two bismuth bronze flasks. He continues to scrawl illegibly and drool everywhere, but in a somewhat disgruntled fashion.
looks like I still have craft making and grouching about the lack of walls and traps to do.
Fuzzy will plant pig tails (if they can be planted in summer -- I can't remember off the top of my head whether or not they can. If they can't, then he'll reluctantly plant edible plants) which can be either processed into thread or brewed into alcohol. In his spare time he will process the dimple cups into dye (assuming we have the proper facilities to do so -- if we do not, I suppose he'll just laze around and hit on girls).

Also, holy cow those are fitting traits for him. And I can imagine Fuzzy insisting that those who question his creativity are just prudes.  :P

The Doctor and Kipi will be hauling.  I'm implying that Nergal will make a Quern and build it for Fuzzy, Fuzzy will turn on Brewing, and Nergal will build a shack with Therleth.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2011, 09:09:01 pm »

From this time on to the end of the season, Valrandir will be taking the inventory of all the stocks so that we know exactly what we have and how much. For this he will require a table and chair to be built. His room could be expanded to fit these, or they could be placed anywhere and designated as an office.

Valrandir will also make some preliminary preparations and be our broken for when the cavaran come later on this year.

The rest of the time he will be helping, most likely with much needed hauling.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2011, 09:11:41 pm »

Duely noted.  Also, I hate SQL database programming.  Just...  throwing that out there.  Finally done with homework, playing now.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2011, 09:22:44 pm »

Duely noted.  Also, I hate SQL database programming.  Just...  throwing that out there.  Finally done with homework, playing now.

I like database programming, I am good at it.
But its not the programming that I like the most.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10