Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Can't stop the signal.  (Read 3797 times)

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
Re: Can't stop the signal.
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 02:28:54 pm »

....Is that really a spoiler seeing how nearly everyone on this forum has seen the movie?
*cough*
*cough cough*

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 02:31:41 pm »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:00:00 pm by Stany »

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 05:29:42 pm »

I'd like to see Firefly come back, but I'm ambivalent about the movie being canon. I liked how it portrayed the alliance government and such; that felt faithful to the series. The reavers...not so much. The aforementioned spoiler ticked me off, too. It was just totally needless.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 05:36:04 pm »

Yay! Firefly! Loved that show. I really hope it starts up again.

I thought the movie was okay, personally. Not entirely sure if the movie's ending point is a good point to start up again. Also, another thing bad about the movie was:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 05:54:31 pm »

I sincerely hope the Series would be re-aired. It would firm up my belief in humanity, for the simple reason that this complex jewel of a show should not have been cancelled.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 08:41:28 pm »

Didn't they have this huge problem figuring out the cosmology?  Like, I remember hearing something about all the worlds being in one system...or something like that that sounded lame and unexpected.  (Were the colonies in Battlestar Galactica the same way?  I think they were.)

Firefly was awesome, but there's a lot of holes that they really would have had trouble filling in over time.

...I have mixed feelings about the movie.  I mean, River is totally awesome in the movie always especially in the movie, and there's Fruity Oaty Bars, but on the other hand,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 09:26:30 pm »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:58:53 pm by Stany »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 09:32:45 pm »

I never understood why this got canceled in the first place.  I'd love to see it come back.

Firefly was on Fox, Buffy was on WB.
The usual bureaucratic meddling.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 09:38:06 pm »

Do you reeeeeeally think that they would feel constrained by Serenity if they brought the series back?  That's just silly.  Look at what comic books do.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 09:43:00 pm »

Whatever the hell they want?

Ahasver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 10:16:03 pm »

Even a season serving as a precursor to the original season would probably be worth it. I do like it how the civil war is mostly seen through the effects it had on the crew, but portraying a past event can't be horribly marred when a future for it is already established. That being said, I think the fan base would forgive Serenity and allow it to be forgotten if the second season is to chronologically follow the first.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 07:56:50 am »

Didn't they have this huge problem figuring out the cosmology?  Like, I remember hearing something about all the worlds being in one system...or something like that that sounded lame and unexpected.  (Were the colonies in Battlestar Galactica the same way?  I think they were.)

They weren't. Battlestar Galactica has FTL, Firefly doesn't (I think).
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 08:36:49 am »

-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:58:43 pm by Stany »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 10:59:26 am »

Firefly honors Einstein's theory that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light so there is no FTL. From Wheldon himself.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:05:52 am by Tellemurius »

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 11:04:07 am »

Firefly honors Einstein's theory that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light so there is no FTL. From Wheldon himself.

Then what was with the ships glowy rear whenever they went from one planet/moon to the next? I always thought that they had SOME sort of FTL, but it was just limited in what it could do, seeing how the distances between planets is nowhere  near as large as the distance between suns.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4