Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199203 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 151 (More Presents; Fun with Poison Gas)
« Reply #4170 on: February 17, 2012, 04:10:47 am »

I got delayed by my own good news. :3 I now have an HDTV and it's so weird playing some of my old games (and some new ones I got today :3) and seeing them how they're meant to be. I can even read the text now! :D Anyway, now hopefully good news for Ahra. Which is better, with helmet or without?

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: February 17, 2012, 04:46:52 am »

The helmeted version looks a bit skewed forward.

Yay Paladin.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: February 17, 2012, 04:48:05 am »

I like them both, though Helmeted makes a character seem more generic and mookish in my opinion. I like No Helmet more.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: February 17, 2012, 04:50:45 am »

Personally I kind of prefer no helmet myself too. ^^^; I might try remaking the helmet sometime (if tomorrow/today technically, either when I wake up or after Trail's End), see if I can cobble something together that sits a little better on his head. Tiruin's right in that it is tilted forward a bit.

I like to think Malleus just has his helmet in his hand until its time to kick some demon's ass, then he puts it on and goes to work. :3
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 04:53:09 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: February 17, 2012, 09:15:20 am »

Hell. yeah, thanks serious! :D

and i see him more as he lowers his visor and his head before rushing in shield first
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:17:58 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: February 17, 2012, 09:24:38 am »

I remain in awe of you're leet-avvi-skillz, it is no surprise that most people in this subforumn have you're avvies
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: February 17, 2012, 11:13:48 am »

No problem, Ahra. Glad you like it. ^^^

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: February 17, 2012, 11:26:07 am »

good choice of heraldy colours too, gold and blue or black/grey and silver is what i prefer
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:33:44 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: February 17, 2012, 11:36:10 am »

:D I was originally going to give him a white cloak (since he has one in-game) but then I saw it didn't show up too well against his armor, so I decided to make it the same color as his clothing. Anyway, nice to know. I'll keep that in mind for the next time I need to give Malleus some armor. ^^^

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: February 19, 2012, 02:03:39 am »

OK, finally got around to figuring it up. The average amount of skills per party member is 10. The current party member with the most skills is Malleus at 12, with Greenmoore and Claire tying for second with 11 total skill-ups.

So... that means for the anniversary, I'll be setting Biernat, Tariq, Alexander, Alora, April, Tala, Jakob, Bryan, Serrana, and Qongqothwane to have the same amount of 8s as Zathyran. When spending skills, remember you can get +5 HP or MP instead, if you want it.

Biernat: gains 7 skills.
Tariq: gains 9 skills.
Alexander: gains 8 skills.
Alora: gains 5 skills.

Everyone else on the waitlist / waitlist's waitlist gets a straight 10 skills.  And... skill discussion, away! :D

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: February 19, 2012, 02:05:06 am »

Gah, 10 skills. I did not read well enough.
Oh, right. I suppose I hadn't posted my sheet yet. Still stuck in the PM with you SeriousConcentrate.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 05:31:42 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: February 19, 2012, 02:07:27 am »

No worries, got it right here if you need to review it:

Name: Serrana Tyrfalen
Appearance: Standing at the exact height of five and a half feet, her appearance is that of a young woman- a youth in her prime, she is much older than that though. Her body is lithe and graceful, but despite her appearance, her body is well-conditioned to physical stress and strain.
Background: Raised in a mundane village on the plains somewhere in the heart of Europe, Serrana spent most of her early life in fear of the horrors in the night as told by her parents and neighbors. She was actually one of the town 'cowards', the town coward actually, and many of the young children would tease her in their childish ways. Her personality was...faulty to be described by those who didn't know her, in a polite way. She had a close relationship with the town priest as well as the local guardsmen, despite her timidness and attitude. They were pretty open to her and in their free time, told her those familiar horror stories parents tell bad children when they want something done. The same ones she was told every night as she sat with her parents.

Although, their stories were different.

Stories of heroes and monsters, honor and legend, life and glory. Facing your fears and defying yourself for others in the name of the Greater good. Fighting the good fight even when all hope is lost, in the face of death. All this awakened something in her. A burning passion, to guess the least.

Yea, at an early age, she was the most attentive when it came to lore and myth-- something attributed to the elder folk.

In time, people grew to respect her cautious ways and gave up their stereotype in her lack of confidence and shyness. She was accepted into the town guard at the age of fifteen. The first female in the guard; nothing was wrong in that, very few actually wanted to be a guard at that age. Especially one joining the Night Watch.

She learned to sway her thoughts and improve herself, as the stories say. She grew hale in body and mind and she learned to give up her fears, not that it completely disappeared though, for every night she thinks about her family-- those close to her, even her enemies, which she had none.

When the call came, she was one of the first to join in. Other than go into complete sorrow at the loss of one of their own, everyone gathered at the meeting hall on the day of departure: the townsmen and women, children and their elders, everyone was present to see their child-turned-guardian well off in her journey. For they had to contribute to the safety of the nation, and she was the one to go by unanimous decision.

The farewell party was one of the best in the century, and at that time there was complete peace. No worries nor sorrow, just joy and innocent frivolity. They were proud to send this champion for the nation.

But...what about her? Throughout the celebration, Serrana gave herself one last chance to make amends with them all; she didn't think she would lay her gaze on any of them again, for this was a long and perilous journey. But through all that, she made peace with them: her parents and guardians, the priest and her comrades-in-arms.

And come the morn, she left without a word. Leaving a carefully coded note pinned to the doors of the chapel.

Weapons: Glaive (Slashing) and Recurve Longbow (Piercing)
Armor: Leather Armor
Subweapon: Ballistic Dagger (Throwing Dagger lv2)
Profession: Guardian (Damage rolls are increased by +1 when counterattacking; High HP/Low MP = 35 HP / 10 MP)
Skills: Stalwart (-1 to all damage received), Fleet of Foot (+1 to Movement), and Vigilant (chance to counterattack if the opponent's accuracy roll is 4 or more points lower than Serrana's defense roll)
Items: Undefined Artifact (Haven't decided what it is yet, but you requested one to raise magic defense)

Also reminds me I'll need to think up around 10 class evos for e'rybody on the waitlist. ^^^; Ah, well. That can wait for in the morning.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: February 19, 2012, 02:08:25 am »

I should've clarified  :P

I meant by I had it in my PM, but the artifact thingy, it's still undecided. That's why I didn't post it. Thanks though!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: February 19, 2012, 03:20:49 am »

-Wicked Lvl 2
Master of Counted Sorrows Lvl1 (Gains a +1 to debuffing enemies with magic)
-Master of Counted Sorrows Lvl2 (Gains a +2 to debuffing enemies with magic)
+5mp
+5hp
Spirit Guide (+1 to magic accuracy)
Spirit of vengeance (+1 to shadow magic damage)
Change Fate (Can pay the cost of a debuff attack to remove a debuff and put it on another character)
(2 slots open for consideration)

Thoughts so far serious?

Also, did you decide on a class ability for him?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: February 19, 2012, 04:03:16 am »

-Wicked Lvl 2

Approved.

Master of Counted Sorrows Lvl1 (Gains a +1 to debuffing enemies with magic)
-Master of Counted Sorrows Lvl2 (Gains a +2 to debuffing enemies with magic)

Isn't this kind of the same thing as Wicked? Wicked level 1 would boost the chance from 4 on a d4 to 5/6 on a d46 (from 25 to 33% chance), and Wicked level 2 would make it 3/4 on a d4 (50% chance). The chance happens automatically on a Massive success, anyway. I could boost this to a class evo and make the two levels increase it so the chance happens on a Major and then a Minor Success, so at Evo 2 you would always have a 50% chance of inflicting status effects when you cast.

+5mp
+5hp
Spirit Guide (+1 to magic accuracy)
Spirit of vengeance (+1 to shadow magic damage)

These are all fine.

Change Fate (Can pay the cost of a debuff attack to remove a debuff and put it on another character)

Not exactly certain what you mean by this. Does your own attack get debuffed to take it off an ally? Is it like targeting an enemy that has two effects will remove one effect entirely and transfer the other one to another enemy?

(2 slots open for consideration)

^^^.

Also, did you decide on a class ability for him?

I was thinking of Witch Doctor level 1 increasing the miscellaneous effect of a debuff (some would be obvious, like the Poison debuff would deal 2d4 damage per round rather than 1d4.  Others would be a little more esoteric; the Cursed debuff shuts down extra attacks like spells and so forth, so the increased effect would probably make attacks do slightly more damage or something) and the second level increasing the duration from 2 turns on a debuff to 1d4+1 rounds. Or have the first level be longer debuffs and the second more powerful debuffs. You'd probably get both levels of it anyway, I think. :P
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:05:22 am by SeriousConcentrate »
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 288