Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199310 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 151 (More Presents; Fun with Poison Gas)
« Reply #4110 on: February 09, 2012, 07:19:24 pm »

Maul Zombies with my CHOMPY friend.
Raggle Fraggle

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: February 09, 2012, 09:28:17 pm »

I don't think anything will come up behind us, or at least nothing that'll matter all that much. I could see a portcullis dropping in between the party or something, though.

Also, Zathyran's the only "squishy" person we really have. I'm kind of a second place for that I guess, but I heal relatively easily.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: February 10, 2012, 12:08:47 am »

And even then, I'm not that squish. I have what, 35 hp? In total. Unless Alora has a lot of defence, wouldn't it make Alora the squish squish?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: February 10, 2012, 12:15:09 am »

Sort of, but now Alora can stay in wolf form without expending MP, and when she is all enemies damage rolls are subtracted by 1 when they hit her, which can be the difference between 2d4 and 2d4x2. That reminds me, I never even thought about whether werewolves should use their melee weapons to fight or if I should give them natural claw and fang attacks.

@adwarf and wolfchild: Would you like a class evo that gives you those kinds of attacks? The first level would make them do 1d8 and the second 1d10, which is pretty good considering weapons generally do 1d6. Only thing is they wouldn't be enchantable, but since you can/need to (in adwarf's case, but he's a more feral lycanthrope anyway) expend MP to add a damage bonus that doesn't seem like much of an issue to me. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: February 10, 2012, 12:23:38 am »

I don't think anything will come up behind us, or at least nothing that'll matter all that much. I could see a portcullis dropping in between the party or something, though.

Also, Zathyran's the only "squishy" person we really have. I'm kind of a second place for that I guess, but I heal relatively easily.
When I come in, well, April is vraiment squishy.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: February 10, 2012, 12:43:31 am »

>.> Just curious, but do misc functions of our magic books count as "Using" them, for base mana cost, or do they cost more mana than normal (I.e The Fire Shields Dwarmin used in the Malakai fight)?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: February 10, 2012, 01:08:31 am »

Same cost, but none of your damage bonuses apply. :P You need a separate skill like Greenmoore has to boost the chance of success/effects of that.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: February 10, 2012, 07:19:55 am »

I was  always imagining using claws anyway, if you have a look at appearance, Alora in wolf form is HUGE compared to Alora normally, a staff type weapon that was sized for alora-the-human would be way too small for alora-the-wolf
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: February 10, 2012, 08:11:33 am »

It would make sense for a werewolf to use it's fangs and claws as weapons...

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: February 10, 2012, 09:57:30 am »

im having trouble seeing an wolf/werewolf grasping weapons with paws or hands that are probably really bad to close around
any human size equipment
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: February 12, 2012, 03:10:01 am »

Two items!

First: I think I managed to get a decent thing going on. Take a look at THIS![/barryburton] If anyone can tell me how to wrap it to a ruler instead of the window, that'd be great, but I'm getting closer to my goal of easier-to-read templates.

Second: Still need: Tariq, Claire, Pierre,  and Alexander. (I think everyone else has posted.)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: February 12, 2012, 03:27:52 am »

That looks great Serious :)
 As for skills ( I get two right?) I'll take 1 Mp Up, and Swift Warrior

Alexander slammed the blade of his sword into the ground, and clenched his hand around the pommel as he said "By fang, and claw ..." With that he let go, and the sword clattered to the ground in front of him. With a flurry of movement Alexander disappears, and standing where his human form should have been was a hulking wolf, its silver hair glinted in the dim light, and a deep growl fills the room as it hunches down to launch itself.

Shift into my werewolf form, and attack the zombie (3 MP)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: February 12, 2012, 03:37:55 am »

That does look nice.

Follow Zathyran leftwards.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: February 12, 2012, 03:49:09 am »

Indeed you do get two, adwarf, but, um. Swift Warrior is kind of the same as Tariq's evo... I'll keep working on this, see if I can figure it out. Who knows, maybe it'll be as simple (and time consuming >.>) as inserting
Code: [Select]
<br> tags where necessary.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: February 12, 2012, 03:56:44 am »

Maybe leave the penalty at the next level, but give me three attacks? (Its a bit different :P)
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 288