Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199383 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 148 (Mage = Effective Weapon, Shocking Results)
« Reply #4035 on: January 20, 2012, 09:57:45 pm »

All turns are here...

Y U NO UPDATE?!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: January 20, 2012, 10:14:53 pm »

I don't like to write turns when I'm tired, so as a chronic insomnia sufferer... :\ Anyway, I'm still waking up after having not slept as long as I'd liked (finally passed out at 2 PM from exhaustion... woke up five hours later ::)) but I'll do the turn in an hour or so, once I finish this 2-liter of coffee.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: January 20, 2012, 10:17:26 pm »

Feel free to take your time for health-related things. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: January 20, 2012, 10:35:41 pm »

Ok, just take your time then. Sorry. I feel guilty now...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: January 20, 2012, 11:08:19 pm »

Nah, not your fault. I'm also slightly unhappy for a different reason. Remember that dog I had awhile back that I didn't really like and traded for a cat?

...Yeah, guess who got stuck with both animals now... :(
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
CvRTD: Turn 149 (Knight = Super Effective Weapon, ToS is a gas)
« Reply #4040 on: January 21, 2012, 01:26:21 am »

Request: Could you guys specify what level of each subweapon you want to use? I'm assuming Irony is using Lv1 (Kraken Shot as opposed to Shots or similar), Ahra Lv2 ('I DONT CARE IF IT TAKE ALL MY MP'), and Talarion Lv3 (destroy him) but since these attacks take MP I don't want to over/underestimate how much you actually want to use. :\

MAGIC

Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion: 4 (5)
Zap that bastard into oblivion!
Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 85 (6)
I DONT CARE IF IT TAKE ALL MY MP TO DO IT SAFELY, FREEZE THIS 400 HP BASTARDS LEGS AND ARMS TO THE FLOOR
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath: 27 (6)
Stab ye olde colossus in the other eye! BLIND IT! BLIND IT I SAY!
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: 50 (1)
Kraken Shot + Normal Slash.
Quote from: Alora Moonsilver / wolfchild: 37 (2)
Instead of attacking directly, alora will attempt to hinder it's movements

Quote from: Mirror Colossus / SeriousConcentrate: 97
Grab Malleus, hit Pierre with Malleus

SCIENCE

Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin
Examine the things in the cage. Don't stick my fingers in there.
Quote from: Biernat Hara / Riccto
Look for something that's hopefully not ELECTRIC. MAYBE EVEN A LEVER.
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th
Reach into one of them and pull a lever! using blind luck to guess the right one by closing my eyes.
Quote from: Tariq al-Sayyid / Taricus
Tariq looks around for anything useful. His ally seemed to have things sorted out with the puzzle.
Quote from: Alexander Sylias / adwarf
Smash my new sword through one of the caged experiments.

The colossus's hand surged forward again, this time towards the knight... (4+3 vs 3. Like Zathyran before him, Malleus has been grabbed!) Although he had grown used to his armor, negating its penalties, he still wasn't fast enough to dodge the grab, and he found himself hoisted in the air to be used as a steel club on Pierre! (7+3 vs 2+4; 8+4 Critical Success, 2d4x2+100%; 24 damage) Unprepared for such an unusual attack, the mercenary was caught full on in the chest by Malleus's metallic bulk, and was sent flying across the room to crash painfully into a wall! Still struggling, the knight muttered a few arcane syllables... (-4 MP. 7+2 vs 5+2; Massive Failure, counterattack; colossus crushes for 5-2=3 damage that is absorbed by the wax doll. 5+2 vs 3+2; Minor Success, 1d6 damage; 3 damage) ...but the colossus squeezed its hand with a squealing of protesting steel, and he barely got the spell out before the air was driven from his lungs!

Claire took a shot with her pistol (-2 MP. 6+1 vs 3+2; Minor Success, 1d6; 6 damage. 3, so entangled, 3, so defense is lowered by -3 for two rounds.) and put a bullet in its broad chest before rushing it with her cutlass! (3+1 vs 1-1 = automatic Massive Damage. (2, so no exp for that)+2 Critical Success, 2d6x2+50%; 27 damage) Her blade crashed into it, shattering some of the glass along its collarbone! Alora looked for a way to hold it down. (5 vs 1+3; 8. Colossus turn speed lowered by 40 for two rounds!) Looking up, she saw a massive chandelier hanging from the ceiling. She threw a kunai at the rope holding it up and it crashed onto the colossus's back, pinning it and slowing it down greatly!

Pierre, angry for real, finally picked himself up out of the rubble of the crumbled wall and charged the monster. (4+2 vs 1-1 = automatic Massive Damage. (8, so exp)+2 Critical Success, 2d6x2+50% damage. 27 damage. 3, so no shock; 4, Greased Lightning success, auto-massive since we're still using the same accuracy roll. (5, no exp)+2 Critical Success, 2d6x2+50% damage. 30 damage, 57 total) His rapier pierced the monster's remaining eye, and his momentum and the force of his strike carried him forward until his arm was sunk in to the shoulder in its skull! With a grimace, he put a foot on its nose and thrust backwards, pulling himself away... just in time, as Zathyran finished preparing his spell! (-6 MP. 6+2 vs 8-1; 7+3 Critical Success, 2d10x2+100% + 1d10x2+100%; 36+30 = 66 damage. 1+2 vs 6-1; 3. 8+2 vs 5-1; 4+3 Major Success, 2d10 + 1d10; 16. 82 total)

The bolt of lightning struck the colossus in the face, slamming its head back and up into the ceiling and making the tower shake! Some of the electricity reflected back and arced to the ground around Zathyran, who was quickly becoming the center of a lightning storm as he continued to pour mana into his spell... but he couldn't keep it up forever and stumbled back, partially exhausted, to regain his breath.

Meanwhile, Greenmoore peered into the cages. (???) His old eyes weren't the best, but the outlines seemed similar to the monsters they had fought before. Not quite the same, but very close. (???) Biernat saw nothing useful. Just the cages, the keys, the pit, and the wooden door at the opposite end. (???) Alexander tried to attack one of the caged creatures! Joyeuse stabbed into the creature, drawing black blood and injuring it, but how badly, Alexander was unsure.

(???) Tariq looked around the room. On each wall were murals painted into the brick. The eastern wall had already been noted - and Frenz was over there anyway. The northern wall featured a landscape he had never seen before: great gray structures rising up into the clouds, with strange metal contraptions before them. Some parts of the wall stuck out. (Northern wall has these manipulable objects: car mirror, can on a trash bin, newspaper on a bench.) To the west was an orchard with a man sitting under an apple tree. The man was running a hand through his hair as he looked at an apple in his other hand. (Western wall has these objects: apple, tree branch.) The southern wall, he was a bit more familiar with. A line of men on camels rode across the desert. (Southern wall has these objects: camel head, sheathed sword, sun)

Frenz looked at the holes. (???) He reached into the one under the setting sun and pulled it... (4-3; 2d4x2 damage taken, pinned (can be escaped with assistance or a movement roll), poison gas triggered. Tariq and Frenz take 1 damage of poison each round. 12-2=10 damage taken) As he pulled it, a spike suddenly shot through his forearm, pinning it so securely he couldn't move it at all! He was trapped! From vents in the ceiling, an almost invisible mist began to fall...

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 149 (Knight = Super Effective Weapon, ToS is a gas)
« Reply #4041 on: January 21, 2012, 01:31:14 am »

Tariq assisted Frenz in getting unpinned from the spike.

((And Secretly cursed the GM for making this puzzle :3))
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:33:08 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: January 21, 2012, 01:36:41 am »

~Mini-Turn~

Allah smited Tariq for believing a deity other than himself, especially one with as stupid a name as GM, existed. ;D

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: January 21, 2012, 04:59:39 am »

"Gah! that was a terrible idea, why did i do that!" Attempt to pull free.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: January 21, 2012, 05:26:32 am »

"I'm sure we just need to find a trigger..."

Action: Friar Greenmoore grabs the keys and opens the door in the opposite end.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: January 21, 2012, 06:45:51 am »

freeze right there scum(Hail of frozen crosses, cuz why not show that Religion is magic

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:32:23 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: January 21, 2012, 10:40:00 am »

Alexander follows the Friar as he is most likely to get attacked.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: January 21, 2012, 05:13:44 pm »

Claire growled viciously at the construct. Nobody battered Pierre around like that!

Activate monocle, slash and double pistol shot!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: January 22, 2012, 04:14:32 pm »

Expend another 3 mana, for great justice.

As a side-note, zap the bastard.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: January 22, 2012, 04:22:52 pm »

Still need Krath, wolfchild, and Riccto. I already asked wolfchild about it and he said he doesn't have that much free time right now, so I'm not demanding everyone post a turn right nao; just listing actions not yet posted for people who want to know. ^^^;

@Tal: Er. Your book takes 2MP per use (because magic has a chance of adding additional effects like Frozen or being used in ways normal subweapons can't, like Greenmoore's fire shields). D'you mean three attacks for 6MP?
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 288