Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199403 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 148 (Mage = Effective Weapon, Shocking Results)
« Reply #4005 on: January 15, 2012, 03:33:37 pm »

I DONT CARE IF IT TAKE ALL MY MP TO DO IT SAFELY, FREEZE THIS 400 HP BASTARDS LEGS AND ARMS TO THE FLOOR
"You would have appeared to pissed me of good sir (Turquoise light flowing out trough visor and hammer)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: January 15, 2012, 03:39:18 pm »

~Darvi-style mini-turn~

You use all your MP to freeze the colossus's legs to the floor. Then you realize he doesn't have legs to freeze in the first place and on top of that you don't have any MP anymore.

(Nah, I'm just bored and messing with ya. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: January 15, 2012, 07:31:35 pm »

Oh come on, that's the easiest puzzle ever.

Also, dear god I did not notice that thing's HP. I guess that's what we get for having Claire and Zathyran on the same team.

And yeah, I was actually going to ask you about the accuracy thing. I'll take it. Now I can hit Malleus on an 8 vs 1! Assuming I win the tiebreaker.

ಠ_ಠ

Also, does my double gun allow me to use my special ammo/abilities twice with it?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: January 15, 2012, 07:34:35 pm »

Friar Greenmoore didn't like the look of this..

Action: Examine the things in the cage. Don't stick my fingers in there. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: January 15, 2012, 07:43:28 pm »

Oh come on, that's the easiest puzzle ever.

Really? ??? Bear in mind I'm not going to comment on this any further so as not to accidentally reveal the answer... >.>

Also, dear god I did not notice that thing's HP. I guess that's what we get for having Claire and Zathyran on the same team.

:3

Actually I wouldn't discount Malleus in this fight, his blunt weapon is pretty good against this monster. Alora can also more or less literally beast-mode it with her werewolf powers. As for Pierre... his best bet is to keep using his daggers for the extra damage dice or put on the Belmont headband and bank on Greased Lightning giving him extra attacks.

And yeah, I was actually going to ask you about the accuracy thing. I'll take it. Now I can hit Malleus on an 8 vs 1! Assuming I win the tiebreaker.

What tiebreaker? ??? 8+1 beats 1+7... And even if you did fight Malleus, you could just use your far superior Movement to pin him down, negating his defense, and then shoot him in the side of the head multiple times. (Yeah, I'm still bitter about that episode of Deadliest Warrior. Knight should have whipped Pirate ass is all I'm saying. >:()

Also, does my double gun allow me to use my special ammo/abilities twice with it?

Yeah, you can try a Kraken shot twice but defense-lowering doesn't stack. :I It does give you two chances for the special effect to work, though.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 07:45:21 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: January 15, 2012, 07:51:49 pm »

Oh, I thought Malleus had +8 to defense?

Also yes, my real strategy vs Malleus would obviously be to try to push him off a cliff. It'd be less of a fight and more of a Zelda drag-the-block style puzzle on my end. :P

Er, what effects did freezing have on an enemy exactly? More specifically, what effects does Malleus' hammer have on a frozen enemy?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: January 15, 2012, 07:55:20 pm »

Pirate beats Knight if they have guns. Otherwise what the f!@#?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: January 15, 2012, 07:58:52 pm »

Heavy Cold Silver Warhammer Lv2 (Bashing; On a Massive Success, the hammer deals Ice damage to the target and has a 1/4 chance of freezing them, preventing them from acting for two turns and increasing the damage roll of Bashing weapons by 1. On a Major Success it deals Ice damage. +2 Damage normally/+4 Damage on Were-Creatures)

Basically they can't do anything for two turns and if his damage roll was 4 it would be 4+1 while they're frozen. :3

@Ninja Powder: Yeah but it was bullshit because the pistol they used was ineffective against the plate mail and the primitive shotgun they had (arquebus, I believe) misfired constantly and if you even so much as held it level the powder and shot would fall out. Hell, when they were testing it admittedly it shredded the plate mail, but on the first try it didn't even work. Also consider in real life you would only get one shot per gun because they were all muzzle-loaders and the Knight would tear the Pirate to pieces. :\ The crossbow the Knight had was more accurate over a longer distance, loaded faster, and wasn't prone to misfires, plus the Pirate didn't have any armor to protect themselves from it... That's all I'm saying...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: January 15, 2012, 08:04:21 pm »

Kraken Shot + Normal Slash.

Freezing it probably isn't really worth it, which I guess is easier to say when you've taken no damage yet. :3

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: January 15, 2012, 08:13:14 pm »

Well yeah. But GREENNAAAAAAADDEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!1111!!!!
Knight prolly shoulda won if it was just on the ground though.

Edit:
Next episode Baseball bat>nunchuks Hahahahahaha
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 08:16:08 pm by Powder Miner »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: January 15, 2012, 08:23:41 pm »

Admittedly the grenado was a pretty good weapon to use against the Knight, . In other Deadliest Warrior Season 1 talk I'm happy the Spartan whupped Japan's ass (beat the Ninja in the original episode, then in the 'Back for Blood' season 2 special, beat the Samurai, who was considered the other 'most deadly' warrior of the first season) since, although I'll play ninja and samurai on occasion, I just think those archetypes are overused and vastly, vastly overrated. Just my opinion, though. >.>

For those who don't know but are curious, these were the kill counts:

KNIGHT - 371 total
Morningstar: 54
Crossbow: 106
Halberd: 108
Broadsword: 103

PIRATE - 629 total
Grenado - 198
Flintlock Pistol - 41
Blunderbuss - 352 (this is where I call bullshit, that thing was proven to be unreliable -___________-)
Cutlass - 25
Boarding Axe - 13

And yeah, I loved the Mafia boss. Dude was so badass. :3

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: January 15, 2012, 08:57:40 pm »

Smash my new sword through one of the caged experiments.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: January 15, 2012, 10:22:22 pm »

Unreliable, yes.
But You can't discount the fact that when it fires oh god where did my organs go.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: January 15, 2012, 11:09:47 pm »

Not another puzzle :'(

I remember when you couldn't solve that riddle in Mushroom Kingdom Wars, without me basically hand feeding you the process to solving it. I have a feeling that you are gonna get chewed up by whatever this thing is.

Also, when Serious gets catty, it's a BAD sign for the players.

One more thing, I don't think that a iron slab dropped down in the other room to cover the door. Is that true GM?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 11:13:09 pm by Zako »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: January 15, 2012, 11:20:51 pm »

...Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. Maybe someone should check on that? (Don't make me cardcrush you too, Zako. :3)

screw it, I'm doing it.

Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 288