Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199413 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 145 (Bulletspam & Feral Power; Escape)
« Reply #3915 on: December 24, 2011, 03:35:36 pm »

Pretrty much just upgrade my weapon into two SC ^.^
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: December 24, 2011, 03:52:22 pm »

I'm sure Friar Greenmoore could use an artifact robe.

Or a wand of baleful polymorph with infinite charges. To use on Taricus.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: December 24, 2011, 06:20:33 pm »

An artefact Amulet that helps combat (I wanted a weapon, but she does not use em in wolf form)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: December 24, 2011, 06:46:09 pm »

Magic Artefact of Magic Power, Please!

(Something to buff my magic. Surprise me, because that's what christmas presents are. A surprise. :3)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: December 24, 2011, 06:55:14 pm »

OOC: I must RP! Maybe this will keep the game alive in the end. :P

Friar Greenmoore finds his thoughts casting backward, as he sits with his new friends, resting and healing.

"You know, I thought of a good way for us to pass the time. I'll recount a tale-the first Vampire I faced, and destroyed...assuming you can all bear my hazy recollections..."  
The Friar chuckles good astutely. He actually has a very good memory, of that day...

The Crusades were in full swing. It was a Dark time-faith against faith, brother against brother. In these conditions, evil thrives and multiplies.

Back then, Desmond Greenmoore was no Priest-he was just a young soldier, who had believed what they told him about the Holy Land, how it needed to be taken back. He had strapped on a makeshift helmet, taken the sword from over the fireplace, kissed his Mother goodbye...and took a long ride on a boat.

There was fear-of a new land, of these strange people. But, Desmond had the marks of a good soldier, he knew how to survive. His life might have turned out differently if he hadn't been wounded-courtesy of a camel riding Muslim cavalryman with a recurve bow...

Friar Greenmoore rubs his leg absently. The scar is still there, naturally. He clears his throat and continue the story...

He was lucky to survive, medicine being what it was in those times. But, even though he recovered, Desmond was not deemed fit for the front lines-and they didn't want to waste a soldier with his talents. So, they give him a different job...one slightly less glorious, but no less unnessecary

As said-Evil thrives and multiplies. Wars always attract monsters, not only the Human kind. Both armies-Muslim and Christian-had come to realize the truth of the monstrous beings that preyed on their soldiers and citizens. Desmond Greenmoore was part of a new batch-specially trained, skill soldiers who were ordered to put them down.

He got his first taste of fighting the supernatural in those months-and winning. In time...

"In time, I came to realize who the real enemies of Humanity were. When they asked if I wanted to go back to the glorious field of battle, I declined. I knew who I had been made to fight."

Friar Greenmoore pauses to drink from his water skin.

The Vampire was the toughest job had been assigned-it had been feeding off not only both armies as they occupied the city, but the innocent people as well-for years, decades maybe. It was an ancient vampire-from some time before the World knew the meager lights of civilization...

All he remembers from his first battle with her is the smell of nutmeg from a nearby vendors stall-and the girl, he had followed-who said she could lead him...he had been blinded by her beauty and her charm, let down his guard...he had been a sucker for pretty waitresses, even then. Then he was struck on the back of the head, and blacked out.

He awoke in what amounted to the Vampires "den"-quite the fancy place, really. The Vampire wasn't alone. It had been using it's powers to materialize monsters and servants from afar...

"Much like Count Dracula is doing now, though on a much smaller scale..." The Friar finishes. He cocks his head to one side, perhaps hearing something down the Hall. Probably nothing. He continues.

Well, there was I-Desmond Greenmoore-unarmed and helpless, encircled by God knows what monsters the Vampire had summoned. There was creatures I would later know as "Djinn" and multitude of dry skinned reptilian warriors with spears, even a few Demons...the girl had been one of those Demons-A Succubi. It explained why she could ensnare him so easily...they had power over men, in more ways than one.

Greenmoore had been in a trance like state, half asleep on a perfumed bed of soft pillows-when he saw the Vampire lean over him, about to take a bite, drink his blood...and I couldn't move. I was frozen in place, horrified of what was about to happen, but not in any position to do something about it.

You see me here, so you know what happened. I thought it was chance at the time, or a mistake on my enemies part. They had left my small wooden cross on my neck. As soon as it touched me, it recoiled.

I didn't hesitate-I got my control of my body, and shoved my cross into the things eye. I wanted to finish it off...they had left my weapons near at hand-mounted on the wall as trophies, if you can believe it. I was very close...battling my way through the hordes of it's servants...I picked up my sliver javelin, handy thing...hurled it through the Vampires chest.

Everything went a little crazy at that point. The Vampire fled-back to it's evil dimension, tearing a portal in space and time. You can call it Hell, but what I saw through that portal was worse than anything we could have ever conceived...

It created a reverse Hurricane effect-everything in the room was being sucked into that stygian abyss.

I saw it's servants being dragged in, screaming for mercy. I found a chain from one wall-my literally lifeline. I held on for my life.

That was when I saw the girl, being drawn by-slowly, inexorably toward the portal. The one who had betrayed me...the Succubus Demon. In that moment, her magical charms had been cast aside in panic. All I saw was a Woman, frightened of the unkind fate that awaited her...my heart was tempered that day, with pity. No being deserved to go to that place.

So, I reached out and caught her in my grip. She held on, and so did I-her claws burned me quite horrible, if unintentionally. When it was over...

"When it was over, there was no trace of the Vampire, and its retinue was scattered or gone.

And...I'm sure you are all very interested in the fate of the woman I saved...but I'll leave that story for another day, assuming we have one."

Friar Greenmoore smiled. It hadn't been the last time he encountered the woman-enigmatic, beautiful, complicated. She had taught him the nature of good and evil was not always so clear. He had taught her that she was not a monster, something to be hunted or despised-that they all had a choice. That there was an inner beauty she had, that was never corrupted.

They had been more than friends.

And some years after, she had given him their beloved daughter, in the end. At the cost of her own life came the product of that unlikely union. He had held her hand as she passed, her last words whispering the name "Tala".

Was she in Heaven now? Was there a place for such things as she had been born as, redeemed as she had chosen to be? The Friar could not say. He hoped so. With all his heart and soul.

It was the one secret he had told no one, not even Jonas or his old friends at the Monastery. How could they understand?

Friar Greenmoore knew at that moment, thinking back on the good times of his life...they would win the day-Dracula would be cast down. Humanity would be safe. His daughter would be safe...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 06:58:25 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: December 24, 2011, 09:14:53 pm »

1. Christ, Dwarmin, I leave you alone for like two hours and you throw in a 1,200 word post the second I'm not looking. :P And you took an arrow to the knee in that post, don't act like you didn't. I know someone here has to have played Skyrim, can you explain why that's a meme? Without any context it's a pretty lackluster line. :\

2. While that would be amusing, probably no polymorphing. I'm a bit adverse to giving items to my players that allow them to grief other players unnecessarily, even though I know the both of you well enough to know it'd just be in fun. ^^^; (Probably end up turning Tariq into Queen Ralia and have the psycho bitch try to take over Castlevania... *grumble grumble*)

3. First thing that came to mind, Ahra. I can think of something slightly more interesting for you, though... :3

4. Kraken Shot is an item Claire has that allows her to debuff enemy defense, Powder. I'll probably give you something different, though, for variety's sake if nothing else.

5. OK, a replicated Talwar for Tariq then.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: December 24, 2011, 09:26:25 pm »

Guards like to say "I used to be an adventurer like you, but then..."

Like the "Halt criminal scum!" gags.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: December 24, 2011, 11:54:40 pm »

"The Creatures of the Night are not mankind's enemy Friar. Some do hate humanity, and those that do are powerful, so powerful they can bend others Creatures of the Night to their will. They force them to fight, they force them to die, and they force them to march to their deaths. There are some who fight, some of the Night have rose to fight for the protection of the day, but are songs of their achievements sung? No the songs of their death at the hands of one of your so called heroes is what they get for their sacrifice." Alexander replied at the end of the Friar's story.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: December 25, 2011, 03:04:53 am »

I used to be a badass priest, until I took a demon claw to the hand...

^
That's what I reckon Greenmores description in short should be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
CvRTD: Turn 146 (Shattered Mirrors, Dead Demons, Food and Rest)
« Reply #3924 on: December 25, 2011, 07:35:31 am »

MAGIC
GROUP 1
Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion
Ask Pierre about which direction he wants to go, and then go the opposite direction.
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath
Shrug, and use eeny-meeny-miny-mo to pick which way to go. THEN GO.

GROUP 2
Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 25 (6)
Daemon 2, take hammer in both hands and bring it down/into it with as much force as possible
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: 53 (2)
Slash the stronger demon!
Quote from: Alora Moonsilver / wolfchild: 62 (6)
Alora changes back to human form, and finishes off the wounded demon

Quote from: Thunder Demon 1 / SeriousConcentrate: 39
Fight Claire!
Quote from: Thunder Demon 2 / SeriousConcentrate: 87
Fight Malleus!

SCIENCE
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin
Friar Greenmoore sits down for a break! He eats his salted chicken leg, and reaches into the cornucopia again for himself. He offers any of his friends to hold the cornucopia and get some food if they want.
Quote from: Biernat Hara / Riccto
Pull something out of the cornucopia. Hopefully something tasty
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th
Rest with my allies
Quote from: Tariq al-Sayyid / Taricus
Tariq rests and recuperates from his wounds.
Quote from: Alexander Sylias / adwarf
Rest up

Zathyran turned to Pierre and shrugged, indicating he had no idea about which way to go. Pierre shrugged too and looked around. (8, seriously? o.O) The mercenary had a breakthrough of an idea: they hadn't even tried to touch the walls! He walked over to one and tapped it. It made a flimsy noise. Unmindful of the whole seven years of bad luck thing, Pierre took out his rapier and slammed the hilt against the wall, shattering it. Mirrored glass fell everywhere. The two men looked at each other and shrugged again before Zathyran fell in behind Pierre, letting the mercenary smash each wall they came to. Of course it probably wasn't the best idea to do that. As they reached the exit, they heard several clinking sort of noises behind them, and turned to look. All the mirrored glass was pulling together and forming an extremely large, bulky humanoid of sorts... (Next turn, Pierre and Zathyran will be fighting Mirror Colossus.)

Down in the basement, Thunder Demon 2 turned and threw a fist at Malleus's face... (8+2 vs 2+7; Minor Success; Wax Doll) The knight was hit directly between the eyes by the haymaker and stumbled back, but was uninjured thanks to the artifact he had in his possession. While he was shaking it off, Alora concentrated and returned to her human form, then raised her weapon and brought it down on Thunder Demon 1. (5+3 vs 8+2-3; 5+2 Major Success, 2d6; 8 damage and kill) The point of one of the latajang's crescent ends buried itself in the demon's forehead, killing it instantly. Claire, ever the opportunist, struck at the other demon from behind while it was focused on Malleus. (6 vs 6+2-3; 8+4 Critical Success, 2d6x2+100%; 32 damage and kill. 3, Claire gets an item! Claire receives Thunder Demon Hand! Claire can use this item to inflict 2d12x2 Lightning damage on an enemy.)

While it was drawing its hand back to hit Malleus again, Claire lopped it off at the wrist. The demon turned to look at her and took a second blow directly to the face, felling it, but just to make sure she stabbed it in the chest and twisted the blade. Malleus struck it in the head with his hammer as well for caution's sake and pulped it. The pirate sheathed her cutlass, leaned over, and scooped up the demon's hand. It still cracked with energy. Whistling a sea shanty to herself, she tossed it into the air, caught it, and put it in her pack with the rest of her items; it would probably come in handy, and even if not, some alchemist would probably pay a lot for a genuine demon hand.

In the other tower, the five had met back up and were taking a well-deserved rest while Friar Greenmoore told them a story of his youth. (Biernat expends 1MP.) While he was talking, Biernat reached into the cornucopia and withdrew a slice of pecan pie. He ate it immediately. (Biernat regens 1d8 HP: 5) Greenmoore also paused to eat his leg of chicken while Alexander responded to him, refuting the idea that all creatures of the night were evil. (Greenmoore regens 1d8x2Sea Salt+50%Skill: 12 HP. Tariq, Frenz, and Alexander rest, restoring 1d4 HP: 3, 4, 1.) Whenever they were ready to move on, the stairs were waiting for them...

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl still has a skillup. Also, you guys will get your presents in a few turns; I want to let everyone have a chance to pick something first. ^^^;
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 08:36:48 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 146 (Shattered Mirrors, Dead Demons, Food and Rest)
« Reply #3925 on: December 25, 2011, 08:33:02 am »

I didn't get any mp from my artefact :(

"Well, it's good to know that those I am travelling with can fight, shall we try to find our two erstwhile companions"

Alora moves to catch up with Zathyran and Pierre
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: December 25, 2011, 08:36:09 am »

You're right, you should be at full. It'll take me a bit to get into the habit of remembering that. ^^^; Adjusting nao.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: December 25, 2011, 08:58:22 am »

Hehe, nice avatar edit SC ^.^
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: December 25, 2011, 09:04:28 am »

OOC: Heh, my action noted I reached into the cornucopia again, but SC forgot to put it in the turn. :P

Friar Greenmoore stood up, using an old scarf to remove chicken grease and salt from his hands. Slippery, greasy hands had been the doom of many warriors!

"Let's move forward. We've waited long enough!"

Action: Friar Greenmoore moves up the stairs, leading the group with shield brought out defensively.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: December 25, 2011, 09:06:02 am »

"This could be bad... If only the Friar were here... or maybe the Fortune Teller." Zathyran sighed as he readied his magic.

Zap that gollum golem into submission.

I just realised... Zathyran + Pierre = Surprisingly Fitting Team. Team Lightning 8)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 288