Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199248 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 142 (A New Hat; The Mechanical Hands)
« Reply #3780 on: November 21, 2011, 06:29:24 am »

I don't get it.  ::)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: November 21, 2011, 06:30:57 am »

He's saying DON'T EAT THE HOMECOOKED CHILI FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YOU'LL GET HEARTBURN.

:3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: November 21, 2011, 06:50:59 am »

O hai darvi I see you read MSPA too, unless that Crocker avi had become a meme divorced from it's origin already
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: November 21, 2011, 06:52:46 am »

He's saying DON'T EAT THE HOMECOOKED CHILI FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YOU'LL GET HEARTBURN.

:3
Forget the chili, DON'T EAT THE DWARVEN TABASCO SAUCE!

O hai darvi I see you read MSPA too, unless that Crocker avi had become a meme divorced from it's origin already
You don't visit the MSPA thread do you?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: November 21, 2011, 07:01:31 am »

I know about the crocker avis, but  I havve not seen you on any of the threads i go to, mostly just Fan adventures I admit
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: November 21, 2011, 10:50:42 am »

Ohohohohoho. I got something even better than wine. UPSTAIRS!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: November 21, 2011, 02:01:04 pm »

"Seems like Good-Plan Holy Man. I will leave the hands to you.."

Manipulate the Statue somehow
Raggle Fraggle

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: November 22, 2011, 03:38:57 am »

Begin searching the enviroment to find a way out
"That didn't go well."

OOC:btw, im sorry, ive been caught up in DC Universe online. it went F2P sooo...yea....
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: November 24, 2011, 01:23:05 am »

:3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 bump?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: November 24, 2011, 01:30:13 am »

It's all good. I'm running the turn for both my RTDs tomorrow. Since I got home earlier I've been kind of mentally exhausted, but it's Thanksgiving tomorrow and I have a free day. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: November 24, 2011, 01:46:40 am »

sorry, never got around to learn american holidays

Edit: btw im thinking about making an try at making an rtd that survive, what kind? Lotr, Warhammer, or something that i can look into?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 10:57:02 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: November 24, 2011, 05:22:07 pm »

Well, the only thing I can tell you is think of something you're passionate about and want to run. That's the most important thing. After that, worry about the system, whether you want it to be simple or complex, or whether it'll be combat heavy or not, etc. To restate my point, though, the most important thing to helping an RTD stay alive is to pick a plot or setting you love and are familiar with. ^^^ Anyway I'm about to start writing the turn...

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: November 24, 2011, 05:39:22 pm »

sorry, never got around to learn american holidays

Edit: btw im thinking about making an try at making an rtd that survive, what kind? Lotr, Warhammer, or something that i can look into?

Personally, a warhammer one would be great.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
CvRTD: Turn 143 (Mirrors and Demons; Headless Statues)
« Reply #3793 on: November 24, 2011, 06:09:16 pm »

MAGIC

Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion
Vote to head up for the second floor.
Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra
"Wonder if theres anything at all down here..."(Search)
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath
Ohohohohoho. I got something even better than wine. UPSTAIRS!
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl
Loot loot loot loot loot loot loot loot loot loot loot. If we haven't been ambushed by then, back up the stairs and all the way up to the next floor.
Quote from: Alora Moonsilver / wolfchild
Alora searches for hidden doors before heading back upstairs

Pierre and Zathyran head upstairs while Malleus, Alora, and Claire spread out to search. (M: 5+1-1Second Search. A: 8-1. C: 4-1.) Malleus finds some Crystal Chalice wine of his own, while Alora finds that hidden door she's looking for! (2) It's locked, and something smells rotten behind it... since no one in the party is capable of opening the door (no Thief characters with a level 2 evo :P) she leave it alone. Claire pokes through the various racks and shelves but finds nothing worth burdening herself with and sighs. Before the three can leave, they find themselves separated from their allies upstairs by a swirling, ghostlike wall in front of the stairs! Behind them, two pentagrams open and demonic figures can be seen.... (Next round, Malleus, Alora, and Claire will have to fight a pair of Thunder Demons.)

Upstairs and unaware that they're on their own, Zathyran and Pierre head to the second floor. Ahead of them is an orb, and boxing them in on three sides is a mirrored wall. Zathyran reached out and touched the orb, causing it to light up in response to his magic. The mirror in front of them faded away, revealing that ahead of them was a t-shaped intersection. It looked like they would have to work their way through a minor maze. To make matters worse, the way behind them was not closed by the mirror wall...

SCIENCE
GROUP 1
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin: 85 (2)
Greenmoore tries to use Earth magic to block up the holes in the wall and keep the swarm from coming out.
Quote from: Biernat Hara / Riccto: 29 (6)
Manipulate the Statue somehow
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th: 70 (1)
Begin searching the environment to find a way out

Quote from: Swarm 1 / SeriousConcentrate: 72
Tear at Frenz and Biernat.

GROUP 2
Quote from: Tariq al-Sayyid / Taricus: 82 (1)
Use a grenade on that damned mechanical horde!
Quote from: Alexander Sylias / adwarf: 37 (3)
Rip the Head off the Statue

Quote from: Swarm 2 / SeriousConcentrate: 100
Recover from last attack; attack Alexander

(-2 MP. 3 vs 1+4) Greenmoore immediately attempted to block up the holes in the wall through his earth magic... but every time a hole was blocked, the hands would just tear through it! There was no stopping them as they went for the giant and the nobleman once more! (F: 5+3-1 vs 8+5. B: 5+3 vs 5; Minor Failure) Frenz swept the hands away with a few quick flicks of his whip, and Biernat kicked the hands aside. For now they were holding their own, but for how long? These things were indestructible! (F: 5.) Frenz looked around and saw there was another door. It too was closed, but the lack of a handle or keyhole suggested that it was linked to something in the room. Find and manipulate that object, and the door would open. (B: 8+2) Biernat moved to twist the statue's head and accidentally twisted it so hard it broke right the hell off. He stared at it for a moment. (Biernat gets: Marble Head! it might be worth something.) Twisting the statue's head didn't seem to do anything noticeable; the answer had to be somewhere else.

The hands in the other room, meanwhile, had gathered themselves after being flung by the werewolf and were charging him! (1+3 vs 8-1) Growling, Alexander avoided them by leaping onto the statue and tearing at its head. (4) It twisted slightly, but much like Biernat had discovered, nothing much happened from twisting it. Tariq, meanwhile, decided to give those hands something else to think about and rolled a grenade at them. (-1 MP. 8+2 vs 7+4) Two of the hands caught the grenade and tossed it against the far wall, where it exploded harmlessly.

(Status changes: Biernat loses 1 HP, bleeding stops; Frenz loses 1 HP; Tariq loses 2 HP)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

wolfchild has a skill-up for 3 8s (and 2 in a row if I forgot about that when Alora got it before), adwarf has one for two in a row, Grimmjow6th has one for 25 8s.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 143 (Mirrors and Demons; Headless Statues)
« Reply #3794 on: November 24, 2011, 06:25:07 pm »

Manipulation...

"Biernat, move the shield next-there may be something behind it-I will cover you!"
The Friar said, unslinging his shield and daring the hands to attack him.

action: Friar Greenmoore drops into a defensive position to guard Biernat while he moves the shield OR does it himself if Biernat is busy...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 288