Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199219 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 141 (Cheeky Imps; Random Organs)
« Reply #3750 on: November 20, 2011, 06:15:45 am »

Making a note here specifically for myself so that when I get up tomorrow I know that everyone posted and I should run the turn. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
CvRTD: Turn 142 (A New Hat; The Mechanical Hands)
« Reply #3751 on: November 20, 2011, 05:44:42 pm »

MAGIC

Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion
Check the basement.
Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra
"The cellar? ... why the hell not, me first"
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath
Equip my FANTABULOUS trademarked feather hat and vote to go down into the cellar. Ohohohohoho. I must increase my stores of fine wine, and clearly a cellar would be the best place to find some.
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl
Down to the basement! There's probably more loot down there.
Quote from: Alora Moonsilver / wolfchild
Alora Starts to cautiously head towards the basement "Do not leave possible enemies behind you, the basement is likely only one or two floors, we should make sure there are no fiends there, before heading towards the top, where there is a very evil presence"

SCIENCE
GROUP 1
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin: 41 (1)
Do some more subtle investigation while my teammates try brute force.
1. Can the shield be moved? Is there anything behind it?
2. Can any parts of the statue be manipulated?
3. Any books in the bookcase fake ones, or hollowed out?
4. Anything under or on the table or chair?
5. Any mechanisms in the fireplace? Does it look to have been used recently? What was burned it, if it can be identified?
Quote from: Biernat Hara / Riccto: 98 (1)
Hulk Strength that Door open.
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th: 30 (5)
Cleave the bookcase in half, then tilt the marble bust.

Quote from: Swarm 1 / SeriousConcentrate: 81
Attack Biernat and Frenz.

GROUP 2
Quote from: Tariq al-Sayyid / Taricus: 39 (2)
Track the source of the clicking, make sure whatever it is can't get a jump on me.
Quote from: Alexander Sylias / adwarf: 80 (7)
Prepare my rifle, and shoot the first foe that comes into the room.

Quote from: Swarm 2 / SeriousConcentrate: 43
Attack Tariq and Alexander.

In the Tower of Magic, Pierre finally decided to stop being a girl and put on his trademark hat. Back to normal now, he and his allies headed down to the basement, Malleus leading the way. As expected, it appeared to be a wine cellar. Racks upon racks holding bottles of wine, dividing the basement into a labyrinth, crowded the room. Everyone split up to take a look around. (Z: 3. M: 1+1. P: 8. C: 2. A: 5.) Zathyran, Claire, and Malleus stuck together, staying near the stairs to look around. However, there was nothing nearby to find. Alora, after looking around, found a bottle she recognized! The monks of the order of the Crystal Chalice occasionally consecrated wine for special occasions, and oddly enough here was a bottle of it. It was much better off in her hands than Dracula's. (Alora gets: CC Wine! It restores 1d6 MP when drunk.)

Pierre, as usual, was going straight for the hats. He thought he wanted wine, but no, he was getting a hat. Looking through a pile of junk in a corner, he found a montera! He put it in his pack. (Pierre gets: Montera! A hat traditionally worn by bullfighters, it gives Pierre greater dodging abilities. While wearing it, he receives +1 Movement!) Was there anything else to find down there, or did the party want to head up to the second floor?

Meanwhile, in the Tower of Science, the clicking sound was beginning to reveal itself... but Biernat was having none of it! He turned to the door and attempted to force it open. (6+2; 92 points left) The gate over the door squeaked in protest, but budged maybe an inch. If he kept at it, maybe he could open it. But now the swarm had emerged: a series of mechanical hands, the nails razor sharp, poured from the holes in the walls and the floor. The swarm divided, going for the largest targets... (B: 8+3 vs 7; Minor Success, 1d4 damage; 2 damage. Bleed damage: 1 HP for 2-1 Iron Hunter rounds. F: 6+3-1 vs 2+5; 7-1 Minor Success, 1d4 damage; 2 damage. Bleed damage: 1 HP for 2 rounds.)

Left to his own devices as the mechanical hands tore at Frenz and Biernat, Friar Greenmoore took a look around the area. (1: 2. 2: 3. 3: 6. 4: 2. 5: 5.) However, he encountered a few problems with his searches: he was not tall enough to reach the shield! A part of the statue, the head, looked movable, but again he wasn't not tall enough to reach it and even if he were it would probably take more strength than he has to do so. A quick search of the book case revealed a single hollow book, which held a ruby. Greenmoore pocketed it. He tried to look under the chair, but aches and pains were catching up to him and he was unable to bend over far enough to look under it; however the the area under the table was clear. Finally, he investigated the fire place. There were some fairly fresh ashes in it, and what had been burnt was easily identifiable considering most of the bones of a hand were visible.

Frenz decided to not be subtle about anything. (8, 1) Drawing his greatsword, he slashed the bookcase in half! ...and got his sword stuck in the wall! The splintered halves of the bookcase revealed that there had been a few more hollow books, and Frenz picked up his spoils before working on getting his sword out of the wall. (Frenz gets: 1x Ruby, 1x Beryl!)

In the other room, Alexander couched his rifle against his shoulder and swept the room, keeping his back to Tariq's. (-1 MP. 6 vs 8+4) A mechanical hand crawled out of a hole and Alex immediately took his shot. The bullet pinged off of its metallic knuckles and did no damage as it jumped to the floor, joined by its compatriots... (T: 5+3-2 vs 6 (7+3-2 vs 5); Major Success, 2d4 damage; 6 damage. Bleed effect, Tariq loses 2 HP for the next 2 rounds. A: 7+3 vs 8-1; Massive Failure, counter; 2+4 Minor Success. Swarm is stunned next round!) The mechanical hands swarmed the watchman, but with bestial fury Alexander tore them off of Tariq and flung them against the far wall!

(Switch to a search roll so you don't waste your turn: 4) Tariq was more concerned with his injuries than looking around, but he was able to conclude that the means to their survival definitely lay in manipulating something in the environment. Luckily they had a moment to breathe...

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

I changed Shield Bash a bit, Ahra; you'll probably get more use out of it this way. ^^^ Also Krath gets his 30 8s skill-up now.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 07:26:40 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 142 (A New Hat; The Mechanical Hands)
« Reply #3752 on: November 20, 2011, 05:55:12 pm »

Smash the Hands with Ball and CHAIN
Raggle Fraggle

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: November 20, 2011, 05:59:05 pm »

It's Crystal not silver serious, only a minor gripe though

Alora searches for hidden doors before heading back upstairs

You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: November 20, 2011, 06:07:52 pm »

Use a grenade on that damned mechanical horde!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: November 20, 2011, 06:15:56 pm »

Rip the Head off the Statute

"Damnit ! Tariq hold them off for a bit while I try to figure out how to get out of here." With that Alexander leapt at the statute, and began ripping the head off of it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: November 20, 2011, 07:26:13 pm »

Crap, sorry. I make these mistakes sometimes. I'll correct it. ^^^;

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: November 20, 2011, 07:40:29 pm »

Loot loot loot loot loot loot loot loot loot loot loot.

If we haven't been ambushed by then, back up the stairs and all the way up to the next floor.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: November 20, 2011, 07:41:31 pm »

Loot loot loot loot loot loot loot loot loot loot loot.
You're beginning to sound like a stereotypical MMO/tabletop-player.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: November 20, 2011, 07:49:01 pm »

Technically it's in character though. :P

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: November 20, 2011, 07:56:09 pm »

Y u no reply to PM, serious?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: November 20, 2011, 08:20:10 pm »

What PM? I don't see any new ones.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: November 20, 2011, 08:20:49 pm »

No PM, you are the PM. And then PM was a PM.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: November 20, 2011, 08:23:18 pm »

...Oh sorry musta forgot to send it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: November 20, 2011, 08:30:09 pm »

...Oh sorry musta forgot to send it.
Lo  :P ^.^ That just made my day.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 288