Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199034 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 121 (Losses on both sides)
« Reply #2985 on: August 18, 2011, 09:05:20 pm »

Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 78-10 (3)
hammer to guts (Targeting Earth, I think)
Quote from: Wymar Sane / Darvi: 67-10 (3)
Attack the same guys again with holy fiery fury. Try to grab their attention in the most awesome way possible: By spontaneously Hammerdancing.
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath: 77-10 (3)
STAB ICE MALAKAI
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin: 28-10 (8)
Double fireball on Ice Malakai. Secondary target if above dead: Wind Malakai
Quote from: Daniel King / Zako: 81+10-10 (7)
Heal myself.
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: 40-10 (2)
Sharktooth Kraken Shot followed by Sharktooth Cutlass on Red Malakai!
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th: 69-10 (3)
Spin greatsword around, toss it towards them, then draw whip and defend the good doctor as he heals.
Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion: 68-10 (1)
Triple lightning Ice Malakai/Shadow Malakai If Icey is dead.

Quote from: Malakai, Physical / SeriousConcentrate: 64
Magic & Avira -> Zathyran
Quote from: Malakai, Fire / SeriousConcentrate: 64
Magic -> Daniel
Quote from: Malakai, Shadow / SeriousConcentrate: 64
Magic -> Wymar
Quote from: Malakai, Light / SeriousConcentrate: 64
Magic -> Daniel
Quote from: Malakai, Ice / SeriousConcentrate: 64
Magic -> Wymar
Quote from: Malakai, Lightning / SeriousConcentrate: 64
Magic -> Wymar
Quote from: Malakai, Wind / SeriousConcentrate: 64+25
Magic -> Daniel
Quote from: Malakai, Earth / SeriousConcentrate: 64-100
Magic -> Zathyran

Slowed by the mud, the party was unable to react before the Wind Gatekeeper did! (4+2 vs 7+2. 7+2 vs 2+2; Massive Success, 2d4x2 damage; 9-2=7 damage. 3, no elemental infliction.) Sharp winds blew past him, opening multiple lacerations along his body. His resolve was weakening with so much bloodloss, but he managed to reach into his bag and pull out a concoction that would slow the bleeding... and keep him alive until he could thoroughly treat himself. (5+2+2+20%=11 restored) He sprinkled the powder along his wounds, staunching the bleeding for now. Malleus continued attacking the Earth Gatekeeper. (1+2 vs 6) The Gatekeeper again blocked his blow, this time moving his stone staff into the path of the warhammer. Would Pierre have better luck with the Ice Gatekeeper? (7+2 vs 3+2; 8+2 Critical Success, 2d4x2+50%; 15 damage. 4, Pierre gets a second attack! 5+2 Major Success, 2d4; 7 damage. Total 22) Indeed he did! It was Pierre's moment to shine as he struck his foe in the nose with the hilt of his rapier, rocking his head back and leaving him completely open for an electrified stab through the chest! It wasn't fatal - Malakai and all of his components were no longer human - but nevertheless it was an excellent blow.

Again, six of the Gatekeepers moved in tandem, Avira circling overhead... The demon eagle dived at Zathyran as Malakai shot a freezing cloud of shadow at him! (Avira: 3 vs 3 (8 vs 8) [2 vs 7]. Malakai: 6 vs 6 (3 vs 6). 6 vs 4; Major Success, 2d4; 6 damage. 3, Blue Amulet does not take effect. 1, shadow element inflicted! 3, ice element not inflicted. Zathyran is Poisoned! 7 damage total) The shadows enveloped Zathyran, and sharp spears of ice stabbed him from every angle! Some melted inside his wounds, leaving evil toxins in his body. Meanwhile, the red Gatekeeper focused on the wounded Daniel, intent on cauterizing his cuts for him. (6 vs 3+2; Minor Success, 1d4; 3-2=1 damage. 8 vs 3+2; Massive Success, 2d4x2; 14-2=12 damage. 13 damage total)

The red Gatekeeper extended a hand towards Daniel, his flesh suddenly ablaze. A similar burning hand, giant and skeletal, appeared around the doctor and enveloped his weary body before he could react! Malakai clenched his fist, and the doctor disappeared into the flames...

*Daniel King has been struck down.*

The Gatekeeper in black focused on the fortune teller. (3-1 vs 1; 6-1+1 Minor Success, 1d4; 4. 8-1 vs 3; 3-1+1 Minor Failure.) A beam of shadow struck Wymar in the shoulder and pierced completely through before Malakai retracted it. (Target Unavailable, random roll: 4, Friar Greenmoore) The Gatekeeper in white, meanwhile, went for the priest. (1+2 vs 6. 5+2 vs 5; 7+2 Critical Success, 2d4x2+25%; 18-2=16/2=8 damage.) It was ironic that the friar would perish by a holy spell... but his will was strong, and his shield stronger, negating some of the spell... but he was wounded, and without their healer...

The Ice Gatekeeper also focused on Wymar. (5 vs 7. 7 vs 8) Perhaps it was desperation fueling his movements, or maybe he had predicted the future, but the fortune teller was able to evade the barrage of glass-like shards, each sharper than a guillotine, that flew at him. (4+1 vs 8. 3+1 vs 6) His timing was impeccable; the yellow Gatekeeper tried to blindside him with a lightning spell, but Wymar dodged to the other side of the ice shards and caused the spells to cancel each other out, leaving him safe for the moment.

By now Frenz had pulled his feet somewhat free of the muck, and he threw his greatsword at (Random Target: 8, Earth Gatekeeper. 7+2 vs 3; 5+2 Major Success, no damage) the Gatekeeper in brown! It struck the Earth Malakai directly in the face with the sharp edge, the weight and force of his throw enough to drive him down and into the mud... but he calmly picked himself up, pulled the sword from his skull, and tossed it aside almost casually. Gritting his teeth, the nobleman drew his whip and prepared to fight on...

Zathyran was injured and angry. Daniel was dead, and Malakai was going to pay. (-6 MP. 3+2 vs 8+2. 7+2 vs 5+2; 3+2 Minor Success, 1d6+1d6; 5+2 damage. 5+2 vs 5+2 (6+2 vs 2+2); 7+2 Critical Success, 2d6x2+25% + 1d6x2+25%; 30+15 damage. 52 damage total and kill) He funneled as much power as he could bring to bear on the Ice Elemental, his lightning surging through the Gatekeeper's body until it exploded in a shower of snow, electricity arcing from one flake to the other as they fell...

Wymar was also plotting revenge, again the Shadow Gatekeeper. Combining Fire and Light into a lethal combo, he cast a spell... (-4 MP. 8+2 vs 5-1; 6+2 Massive Success, 2d6x2+25%; 30+50% weakness = 45 damage. 1+2 vs 2-1; 8+2 Critical Success, 2d6x2+75%; 32+50% weakness = 48 damage. 93 damage total and kill) First the flames began to consume the Shadow Elemental's robe... then they suddenly burned white and radiant, consuming the darkness in holy light! Naught was left of the fiend by the time the flames subsided.

Claire had been using all the chaos to load her pistol and fire it at the red Gatekeeper. (-2 MP. 3 vs 2; 7-1 Minor Success, 1d6; 4+50% weakness = 6 damage. -1 MP. 7 vs 2; 8+2+1-1 Critical Success, 2d6x2+50%; 24+50% weakness = 36 damage, Claire regens 18. 42 total) The bullet struck him in the cheek, freezing the skin as it went, but the frost melted as quickly as it formed due to the sheer heat of the Gatekeeper's body. Claire was not going to give up, not now, and followed bullet in, slashing him across the chest. This time the ice stuck, freezing the wound closed as it formed. The pirate kicked him back to get enough distance to attack again...

Greenmoore threw his sleeves back and focused on the Wind Gatekeeper, a fireball forming in each hand. (7 vs 6; 3+2 Minor Success, 1d4 damage; 4 damage. 6 vs 5; 7+2 Critical Success, 2d4x2+25%; 20 damage. 24 damage total) His fireballs struck the Gatekeeper, plowing through the swirling winds surrounding his cloak like a tempest... but although he staggered, he did not fall. The final Gatekeeper, the slow one in brown, raised his staff towards Zathyran. (8 vs 8 (8 vs 6); Minor Failure. 6 vs 4; Major Success, 2d4; 7 damage. 4, Blue Amulet absorbs the spell.) Spikes of earth surrounded him on all sides and rose to impale him... but before they could do so they crumbled, his amulet reflecting a pale blue light.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

o.O Things aren't looking good. With Daniel dead Zathyran is on a time limit; he will die in twelve rounds assuming Malakai doesn't attack him any more.

Anyway.. skillups. Darvi has two (four in a row + 35 total) and Krath has another one (25 total).
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:10:53 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: August 18, 2011, 09:13:51 pm »

Damnit Malakai, Finish him!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: August 18, 2011, 09:24:25 pm »

Don't worry about that so much, Taric, consider this: Look how much damage Daniel does to living beings. Every member of the party is a living being. I do have some fun ideas for him, indeed...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: August 18, 2011, 09:25:43 pm »

Still, the more dead the better >:3
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: August 18, 2011, 09:32:05 pm »

why didnt i stab my cross into his eyesockets and carve his eyes out?
I WILL DRAIN YOUR BLOOD; AND KILL, SMASH , BURN MUTILATE; DEFACE , STRANGLE YOU YOU ASSFUCK
goin´ unholy rage lv2  :P
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 10:03:55 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: August 18, 2011, 09:43:33 pm »

Well...Wymar, Zathryn and me are all dead next turn or close to it, most likely. Alot depends on the next turn. We can total party kill here pretty easy.

To die in the service...to die in the service...not now...but, where goodness and light may not be enough...random chance may smile upon the fearless...Friar Greenmoore has never been one to trust in luck, but right now...why the Hell not?

Action: KARMA COIN!

Calling another spot on the waiting list before the inevitable. Working on sheet now.  :P
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 10:52:12 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: August 18, 2011, 09:43:50 pm »

Only Irony can subweapon+main weapon. Hammer was first, so that's what I used.

@Ninja Dwarmin: Putting you on the waitlist then. ^^;

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: August 18, 2011, 09:58:58 pm »

Throw my boomerang in such a way as to knock all the books out of their hands.

I can do that, right?
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: August 18, 2011, 10:05:22 pm »

Noooooooooo......

Poor Daniel, you were not long for this world. And damn that summon spam, 3 targeted me at once! Awwwwwww...  :'(

I guess I will just have to make a summon spammer in revenge now. I suppose. I will miss the triple cross attack though.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: August 18, 2011, 10:12:39 pm »

Throw my boomerang in such a way as to knock all the books out of their hands.

I can do that, right?

You can, but since it won't do anything as we established earlier, it'll just be normal damage.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: August 18, 2011, 10:21:41 pm »

Might as well stick with the story. :P

Spoiler: Tala Greenmore (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: August 18, 2011, 10:23:25 pm »

Damn it.

Growling at the desperate situation around her, Claire fished into her pocket for a certain coin. Cursing loudly and very much like a sailor, she hurled it far higher into the air than was necessary, hoping that whatever it did, it'd be enough to turn the tide.

Without waiting for it to hit the ground, she cocked her pistol, loaded with a kraken's bullet, and focused cold into her cutlass. If these things were so concerned about the physical one being harmed, that's who she was going for.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: August 18, 2011, 10:28:01 pm »

@Dwarmin: Looks fine so far. :3 If you want to talk about professions or skills or anything, PM me and we can discuss matters. If you wanna wait until you know if you're gonna need her too, though, that's fine.

@Irony: Glad somebody remembered the Karma coins. >.>

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: August 18, 2011, 10:42:45 pm »

Lol @ Karma coins. From what I can see, I gather four outcomes

1-Everybody healed. Most of our teammates are not even hurt, except the ones about to totally die from being squishy. All the Malas getting back any health is a diasaster since they just go back and kill us all over again. Worst outcome.

2-Everybody hurt. Half of the party dead, Malas hurt enough, probably second best outcome.

3-One side Healed. Little effect if it lands on us. Buys us one turn. If It lands on Malas only, everybody dies.

4-One side hurt. Half of our party dead, not actually much different from whats going to happen anyway. If it lands on Malas, half of the party still dies, but we probably win.

So, while it may have a great effect on everybody elses future, it does very little for the squishy characters. Who have been screwed since the start of game, I've always believed.

:P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: August 18, 2011, 10:45:19 pm »

WRONG! Only two outcomes:

1. Player party is healed, degree based on number rolled.

2. Enemy party is hurt, degree based on number rolled.

Basically the Karma coin is only beneficial. ^^
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 288