Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199742 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 93 (In which Pierre strikes back and the Armor is steadfast)
« Reply #1845 on: June 07, 2011, 02:42:14 pm »

lol. Yeah, I had to fix that. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: June 07, 2011, 02:45:21 pm »

Shouldn't Marcus gotten a free attack on claire due to the overwhelming success of his defence?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: June 07, 2011, 02:47:39 pm »

Taric I know you want to join but at least keep the girl alive.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: June 07, 2011, 02:47:45 pm »

bring down the axe on his head.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: June 07, 2011, 02:52:01 pm »

Hey, knowing player luck in this it would start a duel :D

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: June 07, 2011, 03:01:40 pm »

When I revise the rules. :-\ Right now counters only occur when rolling low on the damage roll. I might've considered it if the roll had been like 2 vs 8+5 or 1 vs 8+5, but 7's pretty good. ^^

Speaking of which, I've already asked Krath about it; the rest of you in favor of simplifying the rules? It would mean some downtime while I worked on them but on the plus side combat would run faster and your movement skills would be worth a little more than they are now. ^^; I'm not going to do it until after this mission is complete because a boss battle is, um, not the optimal time to be learning new combat rules. Anyway I have two ideas, I'll list them here and you can say yay/nay, suggest other options, etc.

1. Move to the d10 system. Probably the easier change.
2. Simplify combat to (attacker roll+accuracy bonuses - defender roll+evasion/movement bonuses = result+attacker damage bonuses - defender defense bonuses = damage.) This would help out everyone, pretty much. Darvi and Dwarmin would get a slight bonus to evading attacks, for example, and while Ahra would be slightly easier to land blows on he would be REALLY hard to hurt because of all of his armor. I'd probably change it though where enemies used different dice based on how STRONG they were.

In either case I'm probably going to change leveling to something a little less random, which I'm sure is frustrating you guys a bit. :-\ Probably make it when the total amount of enemies killed - quick note, who gets the kill doesn't matter, it would help all eight party members - passes a certain amount, everyone gets a skill. When certain milestones are reached, everyone gets a class-up. Lampshade would simply be that as Dracula's forces weaken the forces of good get stronger. :3 Anyway, I'm also going to try to add more combat tactics for you guys to try and pull off, like disarming, disabling, backstabbing, so forth... although enemies could try it too...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: June 07, 2011, 03:03:55 pm »

In either case I'm probably going to change leveling to something a little less random, which I'm sure is frustrating you guys a bit.
You're doing this just so I can't get my second class up aren't ya.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: June 07, 2011, 03:06:57 pm »

That sounds good. Just buff up the enemies though.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: June 07, 2011, 03:13:18 pm »

@Darvi: Nah, I was probably going to just set you and everyone else at their second class level, including new entries.

@Taricus: Well, yeah. It'll be the third mission next, which will most likely be gaining actual entrance into the castle. Enemies will be harder for sure.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: June 07, 2011, 03:19:06 pm »

Wahaha! SeriousConcentrate forgot my -2 damage reduction again!

Give that's close to 15% of Friar Greenmoores health there...

Also, now that I know he's just going to beat on my ass.

Tactical roll-Retreat from direct melee range of the giant armor that's very slow-get around to his FLANK.
Edit: Unless it's impossible and he's still in the doorway...then just retreat.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: June 07, 2011, 03:20:44 pm »

I'm going to blame the slightly-burnt coffee for that mistake while I go fix it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: June 07, 2011, 03:21:24 pm »

I'm going to blame the slightly-burnt coffee for that mistake while I go fix it.

Indeed. I blame you for burning the coffee, as well.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: June 07, 2011, 03:22:06 pm »

D: Oh come on, I had to put the dog out.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: June 07, 2011, 03:35:46 pm »

"Greenmore! Over here!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: June 07, 2011, 05:15:50 pm »

Keep slashing! Wall him in!

1. Move to the d10 system. Probably the easier change.
Alright, I guess.

2. Simplify combat to (attacker roll+accuracy bonuses - defender roll+evasion/movement bonuses = result+attacker damage bonuses - defender defense bonuses = damage.) This would help out everyone, pretty much. Darvi and Dwarmin would get a slight bonus to evading attacks, for example, and while Ahra would be slightly easier to land blows on he would be REALLY hard to hurt because of all of his armor. I'd probably change it though where enemies used different dice based on how STRONG they were.
Sounds better, I suppose.

In either case I'm probably going to change leveling to something a little less random, which I'm sure is frustrating you guys a bit. :-\ Probably make it when the total amount of enemies killed - quick note, who gets the kill doesn't matter, it would help all eight party members - passes a certain amount, everyone gets a skill.
Aw, I like the random leveling. Feels more special than just "kill enemies, receive levels."

When certain milestones are reached, everyone gets a class-up. Lampshade would simply be that as Dracula's forces weaken the forces of good get stronger. :3
Hrm. Would make the most sense as after every boss, but that'd sort of limit how powerful they could be, since they'd likely be more common. I think I like after every boss most, then when a certain number of 8s is rolled, then some arbitrary milestone the least.

Anyway, I'm also going to try to add more combat tactics for you guys to try and pull off, like disarming, disabling, backstabbing, so forth... although enemies could try it too...
Sounds nice. If nothing else, though, you could just let us try whatever and decide what it does and how likely it succeeds on the spot.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 288