Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199857 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 85 (In which there are lots of enemies)
« Reply #1605 on: May 24, 2011, 02:06:57 pm »

You mean tie-maker. Now we're 3 old, 3 new, 3 don't care. I guess that leaves only Riccto to weigh in. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: May 24, 2011, 02:08:11 pm »

No. I'm the tie breaker.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: May 24, 2011, 07:45:45 pm »

Mmm, all right, I've thought it over. I'll stick with the new style for five more turns and see if anybody changes their mind at Turn 90. Unfortunately mental fatigue is startign to crush me 'cause I've been up something like 36 to 40 hours and I'm losing steam. I'll run the turn when I wake up, I promise. ^^ You can hold me to that.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: May 24, 2011, 07:47:12 pm »

Er, yeah. Good night, Serious. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: May 24, 2011, 07:52:01 pm »

No, SeriousConcentrate-sleep is the enemy. I mean, something could happen while your asleep. Important stuff. And you would miss it. Forever.  ???

*pulls puppet strings*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: May 24, 2011, 08:15:28 pm »

Guess what? I ain't sleeping for the same reason I didn't get any sleep last night. FUCKING. FLEAS. I hate my pets sometimes. :-\ Ah, anyway, I'm going to go ahead and run the turn as soon as I review everything, but yeah, you're right. I can't sleep yet. I don't want to hold anybody up. :3 *yawn*

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: May 24, 2011, 09:00:10 pm »

Yeesh. Tried vacuuming the hell out of the place?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: May 24, 2011, 09:07:39 pm »

They're in my bed..... :( (Turn's halfway done, gotta do the Nightcrawler's combat now. ^^)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: May 24, 2011, 09:26:39 pm »

One might say this turn is... 8) ...lousy.

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH

WOLVERINES
Quote from: Wymar Sane / Darvi: 8 {6}
Keep nuking.
Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin: 1
More double fireballs, on Eagle 1!
Quote from: Daniel King / Zako: 2 {7}
Finish off eagle 7!
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th: 7
try same tactic on the same eagle (#5), intent of getting the bloody thing.
Quote from: Enemies / SeriousConcentrate
#1: (3) Attack Daniel! (Ini: 5)
#2: (4) Attack Frenz! (Ini: 4)
#5: (4) Attack Frenz! (Ini: 8 {3})
#6: (1) Attack Wymar! (Ini: 2 {1})
#7: (2) Attack Greenmoore! (Ini: 8 {2})

Wymar continued throwing blasts of light around like it was going out of style. (-4 MP, random target: 3, so E5. 3+1 vs 5+4. 7+1 vs 1+4; Minor Success, 1d4; 3 damage) The light seared feathers from the eagle but the rider continued to attack Frenz! (3+1-1 vs 8+1) This time the nobleman was ready and parried the lance with his forearm, shoving it aside. (3+1 vs 7-1+1) The seventh eagle swooped at Greenmoore, but again he raised his shield and deflected the incoming blow.

Meanwhile, Frenz struck back at Eagle Rider 5! (7 vs 2+4; Major Success, 2d4; 6 damage) His whip swung the air, the tip catching the rider directly in the face! It recoiled in pain and fell off of the eagle, only to plummet to his doom on the rocks below. The eagle was still alive, though. Eagle Rider 1 drew a small axe and threw it at Daniel. (7+1 vs 5+2; Major Success, 2d4; 4 damage) The doctor mostly ducked it, but the blade still cut him along the upper arm. Meanwhile, the second eagle rider was gunning for Frenz too! (3+1-1 vs 4+1) Frenz ducked low, pressing his body against the back of the boar's head, and the eagle missed him entirely!

Daniel, knife still in hand, waited for his moment. (6 vs 1+4; Major Success, 2d6; 9 damage and kill) The rider swooped down for a second run on Greenmoore and Daniel seized his chance! He threw the knife at the eagle, catching it perfectly in the chest and dropping it as he ran forward. The fleaman riding it rolled away, stunned, and was unable to prevent the doctor from punting him between the legs with enough force to send him flying off the mountain. Insult upon injury, the doctor reflected as he retrieved his knife. Eagle Rider 6, meanwhile, was readying a lance for Wymar! (5+1 vs 7-1) The fortune teller ducked his head, and the attack missed.

Friar Greenmoore finished preparing his spell and launched it at the first Eagle Rider! (-4 MP. 8-1 vs 7+4. 7-1 vs 1+4; 7+1 Massive Success, 2d6x2; 14 damage and kill. 2, heart obtained) There's brief, sharp shower of flaming blood, and out of the explosion falls a roasted eagle heart. The friar grabbed it as it fell and pocketed it.

NIGHTCRAWLERS

Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 6 {3}
holy cross the closest spectre
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath: 6 {1} |3|
Put that chemical bomb to good use and fling it at the Fishmen!
Quote from: Malakai Ritt / Draignean: 4 {5}
Summon shadow demon and have it kill evile things while I put everything into defending myself.
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: 7
Give a triumphant laugh and rush one of the fishmen.
Quote from: Enemies / SeriousConcentrate
S1: (2) Attack Pierre!(Ini: 6 {1} |1|)
S2: (4) Attack Claire! (Ini: 2)
M1: (3) Attack Malakai! (Ini: 1)
M2: (1) Attack Malleus! (Ini: 4 {7})
M3: (4) Attack Claire! (Ini: 3)
M4: (1) Attack Malleus! (Ini: 4 {6})

Claire gave a hearty pirate laugh, swinging her cutlass like a true lady of the sea, and rushed Merman (4) Four! (7 vs 3+2; Major Success, 2d4; 4 damage, 2 HP back) She slashed it across the chest, drawing first blood for the crew! Malleus joined her assault by drawing his cross and turning it on the nearest specter, (odd/even: 3) Specter 1! (7 vs 2 {No defense bonus due to using holy implement}; Major Success, 2d6; 8 damage) The ghost shrank away from his symbol... and Pierre continued the assault by throwing the bomb he had made in the basement of Berkeley Manor! (Random Target: 2, Merman 2. 8, hits all 4 merman for 3 (on 1d4) damage.) It hit the merman in the chest and exploded, knocking all four of them back into the water! ...Luckily Claire was unharmed. >.>

The specter, shrinking away from Malleus, floated over to Pierre instead and swung its lantern at him! (8 vs 7+3) The Frenchman easily sidestepped the blow, and while he was doing that Merman 2 swam past him and leaped out of the water at Malleus! (2+2 vs 5+4) The knight jumped back, and the merman landed harmlessly with a giant splash! ...which masked Merman 4 doing the exact same thing! (7+2 vs 2+4; Minor Success and wax doll) It raked the knight's eyes with its claws, but what should have been a gory blinding resulting in damage to Malleus whatsoever!

Malakai finished reading his contract and summoned the Shadow Demon, then raised his cloak around his body. (-4 MP, random target: 3, so Merman 1. 7 vs 4+2; Major Success, 2d6; 10 damage) Shrieking loudly, the demon tore into the merman, ripping its claws into and through the monster's scales! (3) Malakai was so stunned by the brutality he quite forgot to defend himself, but at least he didn't make his situation any worse. ...But things were worse for Claire as she got tag teamed by a Specter and a Merman! (3 vs 3. 6+2 vs 5; Major Failure) Or so the monsters thought. In reality, she merely stepped to the side, allowing the ghost to hit the fishman in the face with its lantern!

But the round wasn't done yet, because the final fishman, the one damaged severely by the summon, was coming for Malakai! (2+2 vs 5-1) Since he wasn't wearing any heavy armor, it was a simple matter for the magician to make the combat round a no-hitter by merely dodging back. Good going, aquatic assholes. ::)

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

--------------

Skill-up for Greenmoore! ^^

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 86 (In which the Nightcrawlers are untouchable)
« Reply #1614 on: May 24, 2011, 09:36:00 pm »

Wow, are you sure the Goblins are the fodder here? These mermen are pretty incompetent.

Do a needlessly fancy move by throwing my hat into the air, stabbing Merman 1 in the chest to finish it, then grabbing my hat before it falls down!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: May 24, 2011, 09:39:19 pm »

Hmm....mid air heart grab for the win!

Try pelting fleaman 5 with holy water!

For mine skill-up, I'll upgrade my shield skill to remove the -1 hit

Divine Aegis of God (-2 damage taken)

Edit: Also, lol at Mermen. The last ones we faced were like Navy Seals...these ones, Keystone Kops. >_>
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:43:53 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: May 24, 2011, 09:49:38 pm »

Laugh again, attack Merman 3!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 24, 2011, 09:50:57 pm »

Yeah, I know, I mean damn. These guys are later on, you think the RNG would be like 'oh hey they should be tougher since they have a +2 to attack and all.' Instead it's like 'lol fishface.'

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: May 24, 2011, 09:57:42 pm »

Serious I took a skillup earlier, I think you missed it.

Hell Pact: -1 To helping allies, +2 to defense
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: May 24, 2011, 10:01:53 pm »

Serious I took a skillup earlier, I think you missed it.

Hell Pact: -1 To helping allies, +2 to defense

He has been awake for like 70 hours. Soon the God delusions will begin. :(

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 288