Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199876 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 83 (In which people love them some giant boars)
« Reply #1530 on: May 17, 2011, 06:59:51 pm »

Go to the trees.

But no hugging them!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: May 17, 2011, 07:00:50 pm »

Investigate "The Spot"
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: May 17, 2011, 08:29:59 pm »

Head into the hole Jonas was standing on! Nothing bad can come from this.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: May 17, 2011, 09:19:02 pm »

You made the right choice. :)

As for what to do now, less certain. It sounds almost like "forward into the cavern" isn't a real direction, meaning it's another loot-filled dead end, meaning we should take it.

As for our eventual permanent path, I'd like to take out the boss. I'd understand if squishier (or perhaps less sure-footed; the guy said something about crevices...) members would prefer a safer route.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: May 17, 2011, 09:36:47 pm »

I get the feeling the boss is going to be like the groundskeeper-pretty much impossible to beat until you find his weak spot, but easy to evade-this one has ranged attacks though...

I would suggest laying some sort of ambush if you want to take him on, it's not like he can sneak up on your with his giant stomping boots.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: May 17, 2011, 09:37:34 pm »

Hm, good point. Maybe we are supposed to be able to evade him...
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: May 17, 2011, 10:16:59 pm »

Or maybe he's like the Groundskeeper but a shit-ton deadlier. :3 Like, actually able to think and plan ambushes himself deadlier. Like, if you go into that hole he might've already set some traps in it kind of deadlier.

Or maybe I'm just playing with ya. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: May 17, 2011, 10:45:53 pm »

Good luck with that boss Team Nightcrawlers. What with the ambushing, and the intelligence.

Team Wolverine will probably only face a slightly stronger Goblin for a boss...ooh, scary! O-o
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: May 17, 2011, 11:09:57 pm »

That's cause Team Wolverine wussed out of the real boss. >:(

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: May 17, 2011, 11:10:49 pm »

500 Goblins do not count as a boss!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: May 17, 2011, 11:12:47 pm »

It counts as an occupational hazard and a sure death, but not as a boss. Who ever heard of a village of goblins being a boss?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: May 17, 2011, 11:13:36 pm »

I suppose large twin bad guys don't count as a boss either? Hydras? Foes whose limbs continue attacking when severed?

But no, you're right. Team Wolverine ran in terror from a non-boss pack of goblins.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: May 17, 2011, 11:27:18 pm »

A pack of goblins is what we have been fighting recently. That was an army of goblins. 300 goblins. Not a easy thing to handle. It was better to not throw the entire fate of the party on the need for a few high dice rolls.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: May 17, 2011, 11:33:23 pm »

Yeah, I was actually debating on whether to throw this enemy at the Wolverines or the Nightcrawlers but I thought that, strictly speaking, the Nightcrawlers stood a better chance of getting at least one person out of the fight alive (that would be Malleus, I do NOT like Malakai's chances. I give Claire 50/50 depending on how lucky she is with that cutlass and Pierre 60/40 because of his +3 defense). >.> Don't worry, I'll come up with something tough for the Wolverines too... probably more defense than offense based, though, since two of the party are squishy mages and won't need much attack power to kill off...

EDIT: Not that I'm actively trying to kill anyone off! I'm just sure Talarion and Riccto want a chance and if something happens, well, better to die to a boss than a goblin horde, right?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 11:44:46 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: May 18, 2011, 12:20:44 am »

the path to that unholy abominable monster GO!
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 288