Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199881 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 78 (In which there's a corpse pile)
« Reply #1395 on: May 10, 2011, 12:32:40 am »

Blast the nearest zombie with shadow
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: May 10, 2011, 07:40:37 am »

Unless Grimm comes back, I'll auto his turn as

Frenz: Stand guard against threats
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: May 11, 2011, 09:58:51 am »

That's fine with me Dwarmin, 2nd auto in a row for Grimmjow6th. (I was giving him a little extra time.)

WOLVERINES

After exchanging a high-five with Wymar, Frenz goes back towards the entrance to the pass to keep an eye out while Daniel and Greenmoore search the bodies/surroundings. (FG: 5. DK: 7. DK Healing: 3+2) Friar Greenmoore takes the dead goblin's sling, just in case, while Daniel liberates a bag of gold and a pouch of crushed herbs from the bodies. (Crushed herbs found and immediately used as medical supplies, leaving Daniel at 2/3 on his medkit. Daniel gets a bag of gold!)

While the doctor is looking around the area, he notices some shrubs hiding another path. This one goes down a bit and is rather dark due to the overhanging rock, although it's not completely enclosed. The party could either see where this leads or continue following the pass.

NIGHTCRAWLERS

(INITIATIVE)

ZOMBIE 5

The first of the zombies to fully form, it is able to move before any of the party and (2) sprints for Pierre! (6+2 vs 3+3; Minor Success, 1d4; 3 damage) This zombie is the 'wear-you-down-with wrestling-before chewing-your-throat' kind it seems, as it ends its sprint with a haymaker to the stomach so powerful that it manages to knock Pierre back despite his shield and armor.

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

These zombies want fisticuffs? Fine! You'll show them fisticuffs! (6 vs 4+1; Massive Success (8+1 Fancypants-1 Ineffective Weapon) 2d4x2; 10 damage) You take a step forward, lifting your foot, and return the favor by planting it directly in the zombie's face and knocking it down!

ZOMBIE 2

Zombie 2 is the next to drag itself out of the pile (4) and it crawls at Claire to gnaw on her ankle! (4+2 vs 2; Massive Fail, counter; Massive Success, 2d6x2; 24 damage and kill) The pirate watches it crawl up like an idiot, then casually lifts her boot and brings it down hard enough to pulp the zombie's head. What a stupid monster.

MALAKAI RITT

You prepare your shadow magic and watch the zombies. (Random target: 1) Zombie 1 looks like it wants to take a bite out of you! (-2 MP. 6 vs 3+1; Major Success, 2d4; 5 damage. 4, leeches health) Casting the spell, you create a shadow in the form of a giant wolf's head. It surges forward, gnashing its teeth, and bites off the zombie's left arm! Strangely, you feel renewed by that...

CLAIRE ROSARA

Seeing it weakened, you join the assault on Zombie 1! (8 vs 3+1; Major Success, 2d6; 10 damage. 5 damage healed) Your cutlass slashes through its stomach, eviscerating the zombie and drinking its blood! The cutlass then transfers the vital energy back to you, and you take a step back to prepare for the zombie's inevitable counterattack.

ZOMBIE 1

Which comes immediately. (2+3 vs 5 (7+3 vs 8); Minor Success, 1d4; 3 damage) The zombie follows Claire as she steps away and draws back its right arm... then rather rudely backhands her across the face. o.O

MALLEUS RAULAT

Drawing your golden cross, you rush (3) Zombie 3! (-1 MP. 8 vs 3+1; Minor Success, 1d6; 3 damage) You slam it into the zombie's ribcage and hear a satisfying crack, but a fractured rib doesn't seem to bother a zombie much.

ZOMBIE 4

(1) This zombie creeps up behind Malleus! (4+3 vs 5+4) The knight turns and pushes it back with his shield, preventing it from getting close enough to attack.

ZOMBIE 3

And immediately Zombie 3 goes for a back attack as well! (6+3 vs 8+4) Like a whirlwind of metal, Malleus immediately twists back the way he came and backhands Zombie 3 with his shield, stumbling it away. There was absolutely no getting past Malleus's defenses.

ZOMBIE 6

(3) Seeing the magician was free and clear, the zombie zeroed in on him! (4+3 vs 6-1; Minor Success, 1d4; 4 damage) The next thing Malakai knew a stiff elbow shot landed on the back of his head.

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

--------------------------

Guess what IronyOwl? You have 2 skill-ups. :3 One for two 8s in a turn and one for six 8s total.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:47:13 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: May 11, 2011, 10:57:07 am »

Fortune-hax.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: May 11, 2011, 11:31:03 am »

Yes

Sling+rotten sandwich=Epic Victory.  8)

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: May 11, 2011, 11:40:17 am »

...I must make a picture of the friar slinging his way to victory against Vlad.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: May 11, 2011, 11:44:36 am »

Which reminds me, I actually need to put the sling in your weapon section. @_@

Also, while I'm posting and all...

WYMAR SANE

(2+1) You roll a pair of dice and examine the results. All they tell you is that you'll find goblins on both paths. Not much help there. :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 79 (In which Claire stomps zombie heads like a boss)
« Reply #1402 on: May 11, 2011, 11:54:19 am »

"It seems like the Goblins would have ambushed us from the dark path if they had known we were coming. So let's go that way, right? They are surely expecting travellers on the main road."

OOC I'll have fun with that sling! So many things to use as ammo...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:57:07 am by Dwarmin »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: May 11, 2011, 12:08:41 pm »

"I thought so as well. Also, there are probably less places for any ambushers to hide. If we keep quiet, we might even surprise anything lurking in there."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: May 11, 2011, 03:18:26 pm »

Bwahahaha, awesome. I'll have to think about what skills I want. :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: May 11, 2011, 03:23:24 pm »

I've some suggestions IronyOwl!

How about

Fancy Dancing (+1 to dodging)

and

Booty Hunting (Can roll D6 to get double gold finds)

lolololol

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: May 11, 2011, 03:24:24 pm »

Fancy Dancing (+1 to dodging)
Nonono. That will be Krath's skill.

And it will give him +1 to all rolls.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: May 11, 2011, 03:40:45 pm »

I like both of those. :D
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: May 11, 2011, 06:12:33 pm »

Spoiler: It is done (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: May 11, 2011, 06:32:05 pm »

So... taking Dwarmin's suggestions completely as written then? ??? Note that the latter would be changed to a d8 rather than d6, a d8 being what I use and all...
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 288