Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199866 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 76 (In which goblins are pwnt and pirates talk about booty)
« Reply #1350 on: May 06, 2011, 11:32:43 am »

Quite. They're pretty weak if Slashing is effective on them. Y'all have probably noticed a pattern in how melee weapons work against what kinds of enemies now. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: May 06, 2011, 11:36:18 am »

There's a pattern?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: May 06, 2011, 12:14:55 pm »

From what I figure..

Slashing works on some living enemies, but is weak to almost nothing

Bashing works on Skeletons, but is weak against armored enemies

Piercing works on armored enemies, like Fishmen and Werewolves, but is weak against skeletal enemies.

Holy Damage (cross and water) work on most all evil enemies, but is more effective against undead. Goblins might be immune to it if they arnt strictly "evil"...

Throwing Axe does ranged slashing
Throwing Knife/Rifle/Pistol do ranged piercing

Magic works on every enemy not directly made of it's parent element, I would guess.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: May 06, 2011, 12:18:03 pm »

And slimes are weak to Katanas :3

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: May 06, 2011, 12:22:05 pm »

Bashing works on Skeletons, but is weak against armored enemies

But if we're going off of the real world wouldn't bashing be effective against armored enemies?  ???
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: May 06, 2011, 12:26:52 pm »

Dwarmin's close, but he slightly overcomplicated it. It's basically: Slashing = Everything, Bashing > Non-Organic, Piercing > Organic. Sub-weapons do tend to deal damage like S/P/B, but some enemies will be weak to a throwing axe when they're not weak to a longsword. Some enemies, however, will be weak to slashing when most are not, or piercing will work against some undead types, etc. It's a rule of thumb more than anything. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: May 06, 2011, 08:38:11 pm »

Cover the party, if anything evil pops out, blast it with shadow. If anything environmentally harmful pops out (Waves of acid, fire, etc) block it with ice.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: May 07, 2011, 01:49:28 am »

((sorry ive been sick a forgot!))
continue whiping at anything green
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: May 07, 2011, 03:19:36 am »

Stop hitting my text dude!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: May 07, 2011, 09:54:27 am »

Ergh, I might not be able to post for two or three days-auto me seriousconcentrate, unless you get a PM from me or something...

EDIT: Ohkay, no problem. I'm still able to post. disregard!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 11:41:28 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: May 07, 2011, 01:46:58 pm »

Glad you got that worked out, Dwarmin. Whatever it was. :3 Also, no problem, Gimmjow6th. ^^ Even if you had taken a while to show up I would've given you three turns on auto. I hope you feel better soon. :-\

WOLVERINES

(INITIATIVE)

GOBLIN 4

Goblin 4, snarling, draws its dagger and leaps at (3) Daniel, appraising him as the biggest threat for some typically goblin-ish reason. (5 vs 2+2; Massive Failure, Counter=Minor Success, 1d4; 4 damage) And apparently it was right! The physician ducked to the side and swung his warhammer in a wide horizontal arc, slamming it into the goblin's stomach and bruising the guts! It fell to its knees, coughing.

GOBLIN 3

(4) Goblin 3 wants no part of Daniel after that and instead attacks Frenz! (8-1 vs 2+1; Minor Success, 1d4; 3-2 = 1 damage) It managed to slide its knife into a chink in his plate mail and scratch him slightly. It was more of an annoyance than anything though.

WYMAR SANE

Circling Goblin 1, you look for your opportunity to strike. (1+1 vs 2 [6+1 vs 4]; Major Failure) Thinking you found it, you swing! But the goblin manages to catch it on his shortsword and turn the blow aside.

FRENZ GRENDE

You put your foot on Goblin 3's chest and kick it back. (5 vs 1; Critical Success (You're the first person to get an 8+1 o.o) - 2d4x2+25%; 12+25%(3)= 15 damage and kill) You lash the goblin around the throat as it falls back, entangling it in your whip. With a vicious twist, you simultaneously free your weapon and snap its neck.

GOBLIN 1

The goblin attacks Wymar after deflecting his strike. (3 vs 5-1) The fortune teller leans out of the way of the stab.

FRIAR GREENMOORE

Since Wymar moved out of the way, you have a perfect shot! (-4MP. 4-1 vs 2; Massive Success (7+1, so no 8 :-\) 2d4x2; 10 damage and kill. Random: Even, so Goblin 5. 1-1 vs 1) You launch a column of fire at Goblin 1, pushing it away from Wymar and slamming it into a boulder! After the brief burst of flame, all that's left is ashes on the stone.

GOBLIN 5

(3) Goblin 5 figures Daniel's not paying attention to him and picks up a stone, loading it into his sling. (8 vs 3+2; Major Success, 2d4; 7 damage) After a few rotations, he releases it and strikes the physician on the shoulder from behind! The scale mail deflects enough of the force that it leaves only an extremely painful bruise.

DANIEL KING

Gritting your teeth, you fight through the stinging pain in your scapula and focus on the goblin at your feet. (2 vs 2 [2 vs 2] {5 vs 3}; Minor Success, 1d4; 3 damage) You strike it again with your warhammer, driving it to the ground.

NIGHTCRAWLERS

Claire, ever the curious pirate, pulls the lever. Pierre and Malleus immediately go back to back, looking around for an obvious threats as a grinding noise fills the cavern. Malakai raises his book and keeps a hand on it, just in case. The noise - a sound of stone dragging against stone - continues unabated for several seconds. Claire raises her lantern and takes a look around as the noise ends. There doesn't appear to be any change in the current environment, but now that the sound has stopped you think you can hear a man singing in the distance. The voice is very quiet and melancholy, and between the distance and the echoes no one can quite make out what he's saying.

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 77 (In which Frenz OHKOs a goblin)
« Reply #1361 on: May 07, 2011, 01:56:14 pm »

"Slay them quickly, before they flee!"

Make a firewall to prevent any Goblins escaping

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: May 07, 2011, 01:56:53 pm »

*imagines self dodging Matrix-Style*

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: May 07, 2011, 02:02:53 pm »

You're not the only one. o.O

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: May 07, 2011, 03:17:12 pm »

try to make out what he sings
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 288