Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199588 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 57 [In which kneecaps get busted]
« Reply #900 on: April 19, 2011, 07:20:31 pm »

Get in close to the Groundskeeper. "Give me the torch!" When/if I receive the torch, stab it into the wound. If I don't get the torch, slash at the wound again. Throw some Holy Water in his face for good measure.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 20, 2011, 06:03:09 am »

"What's with these bulls-eye predictions our enemies have?"

Smash the clock demon with the warhammer

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 20, 2011, 02:33:22 pm »

WOLVERINES

(Initiative)

MARCUS RAUST

You ask for a torch to be handed to you; while you wait for one, you slash at the monster. (1+1 vs 6) But he catches your blade on his chainsaw and forces you back a step! You try your holy water as you fall back. (6{Bonus negated for two actions in one round} vs 5; -1 MP, Minor Failure) The Groundskeeper swats it out of the air with a forearm and it shatters against the western wall of the corridor.

WYMAR SANE

You draw your sword and strike! (6+1 vs 2; Minor Success, 1d4; 4 damage) You are able to take advantage of Marcus's distraction and hit a solid blow across the Groundskeeper's stomach!

DANIEL KING

You raise your cross to the monster! (8 vs 6; -1 MP, Massive Success, 2d4x2; 12 damage and you get your second skill-up. ^^) Left open by Wymar's attack, he is unable to stop you from pressing the cross against its chest. It draws back, the outline of the cross burnt into its skin through its tattered shirt and vest.

FRIAR GREENMOORE

Luck seems to have aligned for your allies; now is the time to strike with magic! (8 vs 5; -2 MP, Minor Success, 1d6+1; 5 damage) The fireball strikes the Groundskeeper in the chest and staggers him back a step further!

GROUNDSKEEPER

(Regeneration 1d4-1: 3 HP) ...But the Groundskeeper refuses to fall! He charges (2) Wymar, swinging wildly! (7 vs 5-1; Major Success, 2d6; 4) The chainsaw tears across Wymar's chest, injuring but luckily not cutting deep enough to hit bone.

NIGHTCRAWLERS

(Initiative)

CLOCK DEMON

The clockwork armor falls to its knees and stabs all of its weapons into the ground as a dark aura overtakes it. Whatever it's doing, it's going to be painful... (-10MP, charging attack this turn)

NAZARA

Whatever it's doing, you don't plan on letting it finish! (6+2 vs 6+2 {5+2 vs 2+2}; Major Fail) But the dark aura hides the monster's form, and your warhammer swings harmlessly through the air.

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

(7+1 vs 1+2; Major Success, 2d4-2; 4 damage) Predictably, the moment Nazara failed to hit the monster you had to upstage her! Darting in, you quickly stab between two armor plates and hear a quiet rumble of anger as a reward for your efforts. You certainly needled it. >.>

MALLEUS RAULAT

(4 vs 1+2; Major Success, 2d4+1-2; 7 damage) You are not going to let yourself be outdone by the Frenchman! Taking a stand for non-effeminate men everywhere, you bring your axe down as hard as you possibly can on the creature's back. One of the armor plates cracks and the beast sinks further down on its knee from the force of your blow.

MALAKAI RITT

You decide to try something interesting and attempt to fashion your staff into a warhammer with ice magic. (7 - Major Success. Lasts for 3 turns, -2 MP) The spell works better than you could have hoped as a thick encasement of ice forms around the staff, ending at both tips with a large, spiked hammerhead. Encouraged, you charge the demon! (6{Bonus negated for two actions in one round} vs 3+2; Massive Success, 2d6x2-2-1; 7 damage) Whirling the staff, you bring one of the spikes up into the armor's stomach and pierce it, hitting the demon within!

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Zako has a skill up, and Dwarmin's achieved an evolution! Choose from these three:

Practical Priest: You have fought the creatures of the dark your entire life and have learned to draw power from them. (Enemies now drop hearts, which restore 1d4 MP on whoever you want)
Virtuous Priest: Greater faith in God allows you to make better use of His holy implements. (Crosses & Holy Water now inflict 1d6/1d8 on hits, depending on enemy weaknesses)
Studied Priest: Through study of several mystical volumes across your long life, you have become adept at reducing the energy needed to cast spells. (Magic Books now take 1MP instead of 2)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:08:46 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 58 [In which the two parties rally]
« Reply #903 on: April 20, 2011, 07:20:21 pm »

YES! SUCESS!

Skillup: Surgical Precision: +2 to hit when declared, -1 to damage

Toss the torch to Marcus. FEEL THE POWAH OF DA LOARD FOUL BEAST(use the cross)!!!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:38:50 pm by Zako »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 20, 2011, 07:35:16 pm »

Hard choice!

I can be a mana battery, put more cannon in my glass cannon, or never use my mace again (which also comes with the first choice)...hmm

Question! Whats the drop rate of hearts? How many can I expect to get? I'm leaning toward this one.

Seeing the effectiveness of the Holy Power against the beast, Friar Greenmoore decideds to do one better!

Taste Holy Water fiend!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 20, 2011, 07:41:24 pm »

I'm thinking 75% for the first level of that evolution, 100% for the second. ^^ Basically I just roll a d4 every kill and if it comes up a 1 there won't be a heart, otherwise there will be. The other nice thing is that you'll be able to hold up to 3 of them at L1 and 5 at L2 so you can preserve them instead of relying on random searches for instant-use restoratives
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 20, 2011, 08:26:58 pm »

Nice! Not to mention that you can still use the other methods of mana restoration.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 20, 2011, 08:31:18 pm »

Then, I will become a Practical Priest!

*starts shooting at candles*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 20, 2011, 09:29:23 pm »

Excellent. Eat the delicious hearts of your enemies for power!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 20, 2011, 09:33:55 pm »

Activate the barrier coin and strike the demon again with my enhanced staff if it won't interfere with the barrier.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 21, 2011, 01:24:56 am »

"Crap...."

Stay back and shoot the damn thing

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 21, 2011, 02:23:39 am »

I get the feeling I should take cover.

DUCK BEHIND SOMETHING OR ELSE IRONYOWL WILL TAKE MY SPOT!

Oh wait, someone less important than me is taking the hit.

THROW A DAGGER WHILE RUNNING BACKWARDS!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 04:48:50 am by Krath »
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 21, 2011, 03:45:30 am »

protect pierre
i dont like you but you seem good on killing stuff.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 04:05:08 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 21, 2011, 04:46:30 am »

Smile. Take a hit if it means getting in close, shove the torch in the monsters face, hard.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 21, 2011, 05:38:52 am »

Use my lantern. LoZ-style
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 288