Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199418 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 22 [In which Wymar alerts the horde]
« Reply #315 on: March 13, 2011, 02:29:20 am »

Marcus spins around, slashing at the closest monster. "Stay together!"
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 13, 2011, 02:47:13 am »

Claymore -> Nearest Merman

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 13, 2011, 03:24:23 am »

"Do not let them get a hold of you!"

Friar Greenmoore shoots a fireball at a nearby Merman, with preference to a target already damaged and/or out of the water. Try to take cover alongside Malleus.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 13, 2011, 03:34:27 am »

Stab the nearest merman straight through the face!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 13, 2011, 05:51:15 am »

Stabbystabhackslash.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 13, 2011, 05:53:03 am »

first try to intimidate them, if that dont work, kill them.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 13, 2011, 11:49:22 am »

"Well you all have certainly have very interesting lives!"

Get back to back with one of the other ranged combatants, start flinging ice bolts at anything with scales.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 13, 2011, 03:33:11 pm »

Spoiler: INITIATIVE (click to show/hide)

FRIAR GREENMOORE

Trying to hide in the templar's shadow, you launch a fireball at the closest merman. (Random Target: Merman 3. FGAR: 5. M3DR: 1. Greenmoore loses 2 MP. FGDR: Major Success, 2d4 damage. 7 damage inflicted) The burning sphere strikes the merman in the chest and knocks it down, shrieking in pain.

NAZARA

(Random Target: Merman 7. NAR: 7. M7DR: 2. NDR: Minor Success, 1d4 damage. 3 damage inflicted) With no hesitation, you draw your claymore and slash a merman heading towards you. The blow staggers him but his scales are tough enough that it doesn't cut through, and he glares at you malevolently.

MALAKAI RITT

You walk backwards into Friar Greenmoore, who is too busy blasting a merman with a fireball to notice. (Random Target: Merman 5. RittAR: 7.  M5DR: 4. Malakai loses 2 MP. RittDR: Minor Success; special effect applied. 1 damage, monster frozen for two turns)  One of them is foolish enough to approach you, and you immediately encase the beast in ice, immobilizing it. You bet if your staff, Nazara's warhammer or Friar Greenmoore's mace hit that monster hard enough in this state, it would do some real damage.

MERMAN 8

The monster, logically enough, goes straight for Pierre. Nobody can resist the hat. (M8AR: 2. PDR: 2. Tiebreaker: 6 vs 7.) It spits a thin stream of water at the Frenchman,  but he easily sidesteps it and the water ends up piercing through the stone railing behind him. Wait, what?

MALLEUS RAULAT

You yell a fierce battle cry! (Raulat Intimidation Roll: 6; all monsters roll vs 6. 1, 6, 7-1 injury, 3, Merman 5 is frozen, 4, 7, 2.) Half of the mermen immediately back away from you, and one falls down in its haste to get away. So you attack that one. (RaulatAR: 7-1 second action. M1DR: 1-2 Cowed. Uh, hmm. Didn't think a monster would roll into the negatives... Guess I'll set a precedent here that if it happens to a normal enemy they're just dead, that's it. On the other side, if it happens to a player, automatic 8 on the damage roll for the monster.) It is completely unable to defend itself as you bring the battleaxe down through its chest.

MERMAN 2

It wants no part of Malleus and heads straight for Nazara. (M2AR: 4. NDR: 1. M2DR: Major Success, 2d4 damage. 4 damage) While she's busy attacking Merman 7, it gives her a quick punch to the kidneys. Mermen don't fight fair.

MERMAN 5

The merman struggles to get out of its ice prison. (1 turn until it's free)

WYMAR SANE

Thinking that spells of light would be useless against creatures such as this, you go for the bastard sword and swing it around in a frenzy to keep the monsters back. (Random Target: Merman 2. WAR: 3. M2DR: 4; M2 evades) The merman sees you coming, however, and after giving Nazara a punch to the back it retreats towards the railing of the bridge.

MERMAN 4

It's scared of Malleus, but it's also aware that his armor is very heavy. Screeching, it tackles him from the side in an attempt to drag him into the waters below! (M4 Grapple Roll: 8-1 Intimidated. Raulat Grapple Roll: 3.) The merman pins his arms to his side, unnaturally strong despite its size, and beings trying to haul him to the railing. (2 turns until it is able to do so)

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

The nearest merman turns just in time to see you coming at it, rapier leading the way. (Random Target: Merman 4. PAR: 5+1. M4DR: 6. Tiebreaker: 4 vs 8; M4 evades) The monster twists slightly, pulling Malleus into the way of the attack, and your blade slides harmlessly across his armor.

MERMAN 6

Although scared, the cowardly monster knows an opportunity when it sees one and attacks Greenmoore from the side! (M6AR: 8. FGDR: 3-1. M6DR: 3; Greenmoore evades.) The friar is able to sense it coming, however, and ducks the water spit before it can hit him in the shoulder. Luckily for Malakai it doesn't quite have the angle necessary to hit him either.

MARCUS RAUST

You shout for the party to stay together as you swing your blade at the closest merman. (Random Target: Merman 7. RaustAR: 8+1. M7DR: 5. RaustDR: Minor Success, 1d4+1 damage. 3+1 inflicted) You backhand it in the jaw with the flat of your blade, staggering it to the side.

MERMAN 3

The merman, although on its back, can still spit water, and does so at Marcus. (M3AR: 5. RaustDR: 5. Tiebreaker: 6 vs 4. M3DR: Major Success, 2d4 damage. 6 damage inflicted) The hunter is caught completely off-guard and the water hits him in the thigh, causing a puncture wound in it! Luckily for him it didn't hit the bone, but it's going to hurt.

MERMAN 7

Merman 7 attempts to do the same. (M6AR: 3. RaustDR: 7; Marcus evades) But Marcus is a quick learner, and this time he manages to duck the spray aimed at his chest.

GENERAL

Malleus is being grappled; he can free himself by beating the merman's grapple check and other can try to help him to improve his roll. Or they could just try to kill Merman 4. Nazara and Friar Greenmoore have earned a skill-up.

Spoiler: HP/MP Counts (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 23 [In which Malleus intimidates the horde]
« Reply #323 on: March 13, 2011, 03:35:24 pm »

Attack MM 4

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 13, 2011, 03:50:58 pm »

make an angryface before throwing this annoying fucker straight into the water straight trough the bridge.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 13, 2011, 04:59:24 pm »

Call the Falcon, drive my staff through the frozen merman.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 05:03:56 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 13, 2011, 05:00:01 pm »

o_O

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 13, 2011, 05:49:49 pm »

Finish off merman 3 with a stab through the chest!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 13, 2011, 05:58:38 pm »

"Back to the pits that spawned you!"

Friar Greenmoore shoots at Merman 4 with a fireball through the face.

OOC: Seems these enemies have some resistance to melee. I suggest you guys see if your sub weapons work- Nazara's rifle, Kraths Daggers.
Somehow I doubt holy damage like water and crosses would work, so maybe save that till we trimmed the enemies down a bit for experimentation.

For my skillup, hmm...what benefit does wielding a shield give us SeriousConcentrate? I'm thinking of increasing my defense through this way by having a sort of summonable holy shield on my arm.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 13, 2011, 05:59:52 pm »

Oh c'mon, I want to use my weapon for once.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 288