Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199377 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 19 [In which white dragons get pwnt]
« Reply #270 on: March 11, 2011, 03:52:45 am »

"Hail, newcomer. My name is Marcus Raust, I'm a dedicated hunter of the night. And you?" Marcus dusts himself off, sheathing his sword.

As for skill up, wow I'm doing good... Hunter's Aim: +1 to ranged hit
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 04:35:45 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 11, 2011, 03:59:59 am »

Yeah, you roll a crapton of 8s somehow. In the first fight you rolled like 4 in a row. Anyway, this is my interpretation of Marcus Raust:

That'll probably be the last avatar I do for awhile, kinda tapped out creatively there. -_-;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 11, 2011, 04:07:25 am »

Oh my AWESOME!!! You, my good sir, are Awesome, with a capital Awe!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 18 [In which a magician enters the battle]
« Reply #273 on: March 11, 2011, 05:41:48 am »

Malakai raised his wrist for the spirit animal to alight on, she wouldn't last much longer but the presence of his oldest companion was always a comfort. Avoiding the addled friar that called out to him before he adresses the strange group that he has stumbled upon. "Forgive me if mine eloquence deserts me, but who in the nine hells are you?"

The priest rolled his eyes. "Friar Greenmoore, at your service...you're quite the dramatic one I see...
If you had not guessed, we are all hunters. Much like you, I would assume."

I tend to my minor wounds and explore the little shack before moving on
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 11, 2011, 06:04:03 am »

"A hunter? No good sir, you do me more honor than I worth. My name is Malakai Ritt, I am but a humble performer travelling from town to town in search of friendly crowd, good ale, and a warm girl with a kind heart to share a whisper with." Ritt sweeps the arm that doesn't have a spiritual falcon on it in a broad gesture. "This is merely a place of in-betweens, though a place that I do confess to have found myself with regularity. Friendly people and kind hearts are worn hard in these dark times, and strangers have no lease with forgiveness, but it is in the heart of this that my entertainment is needed most." Malakai pauses for moment, undergoing only a brief moment of consideration before reaching his decision. "As I have seen this night the roads are treacherous, and if it would not burden you I would welcome company on my journey until our roads part. I have some talents which may be of help to you, one of which may be of immediate use."

Malakai is going to help Friar greenmoore treat his wounds, a touch of frost magic should reduce the swelling and pain of being smacked around by a bone head.

ooc: (+1 to rolls helping companions, thought I'd try it.)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 11, 2011, 06:44:09 am »

"A hunter? No good sir, you do me more honor than I worth. My name is Malakai Ritt, I am but a humble performer travelling from town to town in search of friendly crowd, good ale, and a warm girl with a kind heart to share a whisper with." Ritt sweeps the arm that doesn't have a spiritual falcon on it in a broad gesture. "This is merely a place of in-betweens, though a place that I do confess to have found myself with regularity. Friendly people and kind hearts are worn hard in these dark times, and strangers have no lease with forgiveness, but it is in the heart of this that my entertainment is needed most." Malakai pauses for moment, undergoing only a brief moment of consideration before reaching his decision. "As I have seen this night the roads are treacherous, and if it would not burden you I would welcome company on my journey until our roads part. I have some talents which may be of help to you, one of which may be of immediate use."

Your assistance is appreciated, though I fear you will find no friendly crowds or warm women where we are going. Indeed, while we will doubtlessly prevail, I do not think we shall ever return to the world of the living.

Our goal is to penetrate the dread castle of Count Dracula, and slay what lies within.

I believe it to be so, at least. It has manifested in different ages, and in various incarnations, but always on the night of a full moon- and it heralds the return of the darkness to the world...the stronger he grows in this world, the greater his evil forces multiply in strength and number, and the castle is his anchor.

Of course, fate has a way of bringing those who would defend this world to challenge it...I feel you have been looking for it all your life, even if you did not know it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 11, 2011, 06:49:08 am »

Marcus looks at the two. "I apologise to interupt, and for my lack of eloquence... but we were just ambushed by three skeletal dragons. This is only the start. If we're going to move on, it would be best to move on now. Save the chat for later, after we remove this castle from the map."

What more do you need?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 11, 2011, 07:22:32 am »

Hmmm... This is looking more and more interesting. Do you mind if I can go on the list to join at some point?

Name: Daniel Kingston
Appearance: Dark brown hair and light blue eyes combined with his pale complexion give a sense of ease to those who look at him, but at the same time a feeling that there is steel behind such gentle hands. Has short, sharp bristles of hair for a beard, which gives him a sense that he hasn't been in a proper town for some time. A scar across his eye and going down his cheek show that the past has had some troubles with this man.

Background: A doctor that originated from the more outstretched parts of Europe, he nonetheless decided that healing people was his purpose in life from early on. After saving up money and traveling to Paris to study medicine and medical proceedures, he left as a full fledged doctor and decided to dedicate his life to the well being of the common man. Sadly, he has not had completely easy travels and has learned that the medical arts can not only restore life but also take it away. To this end, he always carries a large, sharp hunting knife that he recieved as payment from one of his paitents, as well as a few other things.

Weapon: Knife
Armor: Leather Armour
Sub-Weapon: Silver Cross
Profession: Physician
Skills: Cooperative

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 10:40:24 am by Zako »

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 11, 2011, 07:51:12 am »

"Name's Nazara, Try to ignore my Blood soaked Skirt, Accidentally fell into a pool of blood days ago and didn't bother to wash it"

Search the Shack

(By the way, Updated my character with a few bits and pieces of information in the "Appearance", not that it'll be that important gameplay-wise)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 11, 2011, 08:18:53 am »

Dammit Talarion, you keep hogging all the good rolls :P

Do a victory pose after the finishing blow. Then help searching the shack. Then notice the newcomer.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 11, 2011, 01:50:18 pm »

lol. As soon as I clear off the waitlist someone jumps into it. All the same, I like this character. ^^ Since I'm awarding all boss-rewards earned so far to new characters so they don't fall too far behind, take your pick from this list:

5 HP
5 MP
New or Improved Weapon
New or Improved Subweapon
New Skill
Random Artifact

Edit: Just now realized you need a little context; Balanced HP/MP loadout means Daniel starts with 25 HP and 20 MP.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 01:53:55 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 11, 2011, 06:26:27 pm »

I'm waiting more than 12 hours for a turn?! Bump for dead game  :-X

And we were going so fast!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 11, 2011, 09:34:02 pm »

I'll take the new skill. How about this: Herbalist: Able to identify, combine and use various plants for multiple uses. Plus, if I'm joining, can I get a few items as well? Nothing much, but you could say that they were part of his trade and he takes them wherever he goes?

If so, Daniel has a motar and pestle (used for combining herbs), a brewing kit for potions (similar to that found in an alchemists lab, just more portable) and flint & steel.

Oh, and he was currently traveling through the area on the way to a town past this one. He may have gotten a bit lost on the way however.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:35:38 pm by Zako »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 12, 2011, 02:45:30 am »

lol, sorry. Blame Lost Planet 2. If anyone knows how the hell to beat the G Akrid in 1-2 Hard let me know; I'm trying to solo every difficulty and I hit a damn roadblock. ::) Anyway, that's a good point Zako. Draignean should have a chance to pick up two items as well and can do so in his post, and I'll note down yours for now.

GENERAL

There is a brief discussion as Malakai Ritt joins the party. There are introductions all around while Nazara and Greenmoore move to investigate the shack. (NSR:7+2 . FGSR: 3.) Greenmoore wanted to, anyway, but Malakai detains him in an attempt to help heal his bruises. (RittHR: 1+1. Greenmoore loses 1 HP, Ritt loses 2 MP.) Unfortunately, the ice does more harm than good, and the friar ends up with minor frostbite on top of his bruise. Meanwhile, Nazara finds two items: one is a sandwich, the other is a journal detailing the last few days at the bridge. According to the journal, strange, fish-like men have been rising from the river to attack travelers and can spit water with deadly force. He observed, however, that their scales are good at absorbing and distributing Blunt force but are easily Pierced. (Nazara gets item: Sandwich! Nazara discovers Merman Weakness: Piercing!)

Wymar poses over the corpses. (WPR: 4) But nobody's paying him any attention. He decided not to investigate the shack after all when Nazara emerges with her finds and declares them the only things worth taking. The spirit eagle vanishes, the magic used in casting the spell depleted. This leaves the party with a choice: press on, or try another route?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 20 [In which Friar Greenmoore gets frostbite]
« Reply #284 on: March 12, 2011, 03:11:58 am »

"Oh dear... that tactic generally works better when I use it on myself. Probably something to do with me not being able to feel how much cold I'm using when working on another, I do apologize" Oh good job Malakai, the only reason they aren't throwing you into the river right now is that you were also capable enough to freeze one of those things solid. Wincing mentally he approaches the one called Nazara, she has a book which has got to be more interesting that a frostbitten friar.

Travel with the party, just do what comes naturally.

Additional Items: Bone flute, pouch of various coins.   

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 288