Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199657 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 61 [In which Pierre has all the glory. Allllllll of it.]
« Reply #975 on: April 23, 2011, 04:36:43 am »

OK, rewards have been divvied up! ...For everyone except Greenmoore and Frenz, Dwarmin & Grimmjow6th haven't posted yet. ^^

IronyOwl chose a Random Artifact, and receives Kraken's Bullets. These can be fired from Claire's pistol, causing the attack to take 2 MP rather than 1, but have a 50% chance of entangling an opponent and lowering their defense rolls by 1d4 for two rounds in addition to dealing damage.

Krath chose to take the Clockwork Armor and a Lightning Artifact, and received the Blitz Rapier. The Clockwork Armor has ratings of +2 Defense and no change to movement. The Blitz Rapier is a rapier with a slightly thicker than normal hilt that houses a small perpetual motion device, which powers an electric mechanism in the blade. On a Massive Success, the blade deals Electric damage to the target and has a 1/4 chance of shocking them, causing them a -2 penalty to their next attack roll. On a Major Success it deals Electric Damage.

Darvi chose +5 HP.

Draignean chose a Demonic Artifact, and receives Infernal Ring. The Infernal Ring gives a boost to all summoning abilities, reducing the cost needed to summon by 1 MP!

Zako chose a Practical Artifact, and receives Advanced Medical Kit. This AMK increases the results of healing rolls by +2.

Talarion chose two Magical Artifacts, and receives the Blue Amulet and Grimoire of the Wanderer. The Blue Amulet has a 25% chance of absorbing magical attacks and dissipating them harmlessly; the Grimoire can be consulted at will to find out more about the situation, whether it be a town, an enemy, a boss, etc, similar to Wymar's Fortune Telling.

Ze Spy chose a Wind Artifact, and receives the Hurricane Earrings. These can be activated to block any non-magical projectiles aimed at Nazara and drain 1MP per round while active.

Ahra chose to improve his Silver Cross. His cross is now the Golden Cross, and attacks twice when used.

Now, back to turn 62. This'll be brief and give the survivors a chance to rest up and prepare before running into Claire and starting the next leg of the journey. (Also, IronyOwl, you can jump in now. :3)
-----------------------------
EVERYONE

After Friar Greenmoore takes the chainsaw, and Pierre takes a new weapon and the Clock Demon's armor, both parties advance forward... and bump into each other around a corner! It turns out both passages lead towards Birchside, a small community at the foot of the mountains. After regrouping, they proceed onwards and find a final room before freedom. Pierre and Wymar work the valves at the far end to open the door while everyone else loots and comes up with neat treasures.

Eventually the door is opened, with Wymar dashing out ahead of everyone so he can be first, and they exit to find themselves in a nearly deserted town. The shadow hanging over the land is more oppressive here, but the seven feel stronger for their trials if saddened by the loss of Marcus.

What would they do now?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 06:58:39 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 62 [In which the travelers enter Birchside]
« Reply #976 on: April 23, 2011, 04:46:12 am »

Recover at the inn. get a new lantern.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 23, 2011, 06:40:53 am »

Search for medical supplies. I need to fill this baby up quicksmart so I can get healing again.

Quick question, does my AMK give me another dose of healing, or is it just an addition to my normal physican's kit? If it is just a addition to the kit, then can you get rid of the old one's name for me? That way I will know if I have only one dose and don't get confused.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 06:53:01 am by Zako »

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 23, 2011, 07:00:08 am »

"6 thousand used to live here, Now, it's a Ghost town, i see"

Search around

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 23, 2011, 10:52:43 am »

search for some kind of shop.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 23, 2011, 11:24:48 am »

Do I even have any summoning abilities? (Other than the Falcon that is.)

Study the dark grimoires
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 23, 2011, 01:09:40 pm »

@Draignean: You can get more summoning abilities.

@Zako: It's basically a straight bonus to your healing roll, but I'll go ahead and combine the two in your inventory.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 23, 2011, 02:42:05 pm »

Attempt to convince the barkeep/innmaster to give me alcohol for free.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 23, 2011, 04:24:35 pm »

Well, I'll take an upgrade to my magic book:fire.

And for my action..

Recover at the inn with Wymar

Birchside... the monastery used to import springwater and herbs from here. I remember passing through on a mission...a long time ago.

I wonder if "Red's Rest" Inn still stands?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 23, 2011, 07:58:57 pm »

Rest at the inn. Polish my shiny new weapon.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 24, 2011, 12:37:00 am »

Hey, Question : Is "Just-in-case" Waiting List allowed?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 24, 2011, 02:47:55 am »

@Ze Spy: Sure, but if anyone new signs up before Nazara dies you'll be placed after them. ^^

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

EVERYONE

Everyone retires to the Red Rest Inn for the night, led by Friar Greenmoore. As it turns out the inn is abandoned, so they feel free to make themselves at home and take a well-deserved rest. In the morning, they run across a female pirate who's raiding the alcohol and convince her to join their quest before they part ways for the day. (Everyone's HP/MP is restored)

NAZARA

Birchside being a ghost town is a little odd. You remember there being quite the population here when you accompanied Ward on a trip to pick up a shipment of weapons. (6+2) Your searches around the town take several hours, but your keen eyes detect that most of the departures had been intentional. For some reason, the people had evacuated the town and taken most of their belongings with them. Nevertheless, there is still a man in town: a merchant, sitting on a carpet near the mayor's house. Behind him is a locked chest. Wymar and Malleus are also here and talking to the man.

MALLEUS RAULAT

You follow Wymar as he searches for a merchant. Eventually he does find one, and you politely wait for him to finish his business before you speak to him.

WYMAR SANE

You find a merchant after looking around and eventually buy a new lantern from him. Unfortunately you have nothing to trade with for further items.

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

You stay in your room. Fortunately for you you had found one with a full length mirror, so you could admire your new armor and weapon - as well as your hat, of course. You polish your shiny new rapier. (3) You end up tasering yourself. After you recover you also find that you're lucky no one's around to have seen that except Claire - who's drinking downstairs - and Greenmoore, who's still in his room.

FRIAR GREENMOORE

You spend your time recovering at the inn and studying the holy book. You feel you have a much better understanding of it now. (Magic Book: Fire becomes Holy Book: Fire! It attacks twice per casting now.)

MALAKAI RITT

You head outside to a comfortable bench and study the dark texts. (8) After fighting the clockwork armor, you find a new understanding of the rituals! losing all track of time, you read voraciously, barely taking the time to finish a page before your eyes fly to the next one, piecing together the concepts even before the book explains them. (Dark Grimoire becomes Magic Book: Shadow!)

DANIEL KING

You search for medical supplies. (7) You find the innkeeper's supplies and fill your kit as much as you can.

CLAIRE ROSARA

With no other plans for the moment, you stay at the Red Rest and enjoy having the rum casks all to yourself.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 24, 2011, 02:52:53 am »

So I guess there's no loot to be had.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 63 [In which Birchside is a ghost town]
« Reply #988 on: April 24, 2011, 02:56:35 am »

Right, Sent the "Just-in-case" character Via PM, Tell me if it's way too OP or Stupid

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 63 [In which Birchside is a ghost town]
« Reply #989 on: April 24, 2011, 02:56:57 am »

Trade a few coins from my purse for pen, ink, and a blank journal, if I have enough left over then grab some mana restorative as well. Go back to my room and begin writing and experimenting with my own brand of magic, combining ice and shadow.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 288