Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199621 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 60 [In which there are two kills]
« Reply #945 on: April 22, 2011, 09:04:07 am »

"This loot system sucks!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 22, 2011, 09:05:37 am »

I'm very eager to be a chainsaw wielding priest like something from Warhammer 40K...but...but...I'm a caster.  :(

I'll take the chainsaw until we reunite with the other team.

At least we know what the "other use" for those gas cans were now. Too bad they exploded with Talarion, but I think there were actually more back at the shack...

Darvi, we'll probably get a reward like before when we finish this chapter...

I shall keep this weapon safe until we can find a better use for it...after all, it reaped poor Marcus's life, perhaps it was sanctified by his blood and my flames...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 09:07:33 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 22, 2011, 09:06:47 am »

Yeah. but I couldn't resist quoting YGOTAS.

Run ahead of the others. Once I'm out of the tunnel, loudly proclaim "First, suckers!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 22, 2011, 11:04:02 am »

Damn, we lost a man. Poor bastard got skewered. At least he lived and died a badass.

Yank Wymar back from running ahead for a moment so we can pay our respects to our poor comrade in arms. RIP Marcus. You were a badass to the end, and had to die from an even more badass foe.

Heal the Friar to the best of my ability, shaking my head at his recklessness. Then proceed down the tunnel.

Well, might as well hit the road. No point in staying around here for long anyway.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 22, 2011, 11:08:42 am »

Ya well I do that when respect paying is over and stuff.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 22, 2011, 12:26:59 pm »

One last thing, I'm going back to the shack to try and loot some gas canisters though. Edited my turn to try and get in done in all one go lol.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 22, 2011, 12:30:20 pm »

More bolts of freezing energy, kill it, kill it, KILLITKILLIT!!!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 22, 2011, 02:31:38 pm »

Aw. I'm pleased to be getting in, but Marcus was a good character, so I'm a little sad to see him go.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 22, 2011, 02:35:06 pm »

The spoiler forthe waiting list on post 1 is broken.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 22, 2011, 02:58:06 pm »

>.>
<.<

What are you talking about? No it isn't. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Sign-Ups
« Reply #955 on: April 22, 2011, 03:24:13 pm »

« Last Edit: Today at 08:38:55 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
:V

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 22, 2011, 03:28:05 pm »

Yeah, I know, I'm just messing with ya. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 22, 2011, 03:28:21 pm »

Ditto.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
CvRTD: Turn 61 [In which Pierre has all the glory. Allllllll of it.
« Reply #958 on: April 22, 2011, 03:31:45 pm »

:3

WOLVERINES

Everyone takes a moment pay respect for the dead. Daniel tries to heal Greenmoore's wounds (3) and does so well enough to get him back on his feet, although it depletes the last of his medical supplies. Next, with some assistance from Daniel, Greenmoore climbs out through the roof and finds himself in the graveyard once more; the dog statues are still once again and the mists have vanished. (3) It takes him a moment to realize that he's standing where the shack once was; the spell had detonated all of the gasoline cans and utterly obliterated it. Rubble lies everywhere. With no reason to stay, he drops back into the hole and everyone heads to the end of the tunnel, Wymar leading.

NIGHTCRAWLERS

(Initiative)

NAZARA

You strike at the monster with your claymore! (7+2 vs 1+2; Minor Success, 1d4+1-2; 3 damage) It hits the demon solidly in the side and bites into the armor, requiring you to pull it free. It doesn't seem as effective as your warhammer.

CLOCK DEMON

With no recourse, the clock demon draws on his demonic powers once more! (-5 MP. 6 vs 4; 4 vs 4+2; 6 vs 3; 7 vs 2-1.) Hellfire explodes around the group, but Malleus avoids all of it! The rest of the party is unharmed, but at the expense of their ice shielding.

MALAKAI RITT

Cracking open your spellbook, you launch as many shards of winter as you can at the clockwork creation! (7 vs 3+2; -2 MP, Major Success, 2d6; 5) The sheer amount of ice sleeting past the armor forces it to step back, icicles embedded across its frame.

MALLEUS RAULAT

Ducking and weaving through the hellfire, you close distance with a swing of your axe! (3 vs 4) But the demon blocks it with a shield in his lowest left hand!

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

(6 vs 4; -1 MP, Massive Success, 2d4+1d4x2-2; 18 damage and kill) This is your time to shine. You pull out your trustiest dagger, the one that had been kissed by the noblewoman you had romanced before heading out 'for luck.' Raising it to catch the light dramatically, you throw it at the demon as it turns to block Malleus... and the knife flies straight and true, going straight into a chink in the armor and passing through into the demon. It roars, stumbles back, and falls, the force animating the armor dying. The armor itself collapses into it respective pieces.

You retrieve your daggers from the armor, and it occurs to you (and everyone else) that this armor was pretty sturdy. Maybe it could be fixed up and used by someone. There's also the possibility of taking the weaponry.

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Quest reward time! The armor and chainsaw are freebies. This is the standard list:

5 HP
5 MP
New or Improved Weapon
New or Improved Subweapon
New Skill
Random Artifact

Grimmjow6th and IronyOwl also get to choose something. ^^

Also, so the Wolverines know: The chainsaw is a limited use item, requiring gas for every attack made. For every unit of gas used, it deals additional damage; 1 unit is 1d6, 2 units is 1d8, 3 is 1d10, and 4 is 1d12. It only holds 5 units of gas at a time and has 3 in the tank at the moment. If used when empty, it functions as a Blunt weapon since you're probably just hitting enemies with the gas tank.

And for the Nightcrawlers; The armor is +2 defense, no movement penalty, but can only be worn by classes with High or Very High HP.

Finally, congratulations, Krath. Pierre's got 10 8's now. ^^ So you can choose from...

Elegant Mercenary: You outshine everyone even when you're not trying. (Pierre now counterstrikes on a Major Failure in addition to Massive Failures)
Precise Mercenary: Your ability to strike with throwing daggers and axes is inhuman. (Throwing Daggers/Axes now do 1d6/1d8 depending on enemy weaknesses)
Fabulous Mercenary: Everything you do is meant to get attention and attract the praises of the world. All hail Pierre! (Pierre can attempt to Charm female enemies/NPCs! Requires a Major or Massive Success)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:05:38 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 61 [In which Pierre has all the glory. Allllllll of it.]
« Reply #959 on: April 22, 2011, 04:47:59 pm »

I think I'll go with Random Artifact. :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 288