Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199608 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 56 [In which there is a great annoyance]
« Reply #885 on: April 19, 2011, 09:28:22 am »

Two ninja enough for me to crap my pants artificially increase my post count. :3

WOLVERINES

(Initiative)

MARCUS RAUST

You swing your longsword at the Groundkeeper's neck. (1+1 vs 1; Massive Success, 2d4x2: 8 damage) Your aim is true and were the target a mortal man he would now be dying from having most of his neck slashed out. But this monstrosity merely shudders as if taking a deep breath and revs his chainsaw again.

WYMAR SANE

You immediately respond to the Groundskeeper's appearance with light magic. (7 vs 2; -2MP, Minor Success, 1d4: 3 damage) The beam strikes him directly in the face, rocking his head back and exposing the damage Marcus had done with his strike in the brilliant flash created by your spell; despite the gaping wound, it doesn't seem to be bleeding...

DANIEL KING

While Wymar and Marcus occupy him from the front, you place the torch in a bracket that just happens to be there and circle to the back. (1 vs 3) But apparently he was ready for such a tactic, and blocks your passage with his chainsaw.

GROUNDSKEEPER

(1d4-1: 2 HP regenned) In the torchlight, the party sees the msuculature of the monster's throat begin to knit itself back together. Raising his chainsaw high, (3) he swings it at Friar Greenmoore! (6 vs 2. Minor Success, 1d6: 5 damage) It strikes him across the chest, dealing a heavy cut; fortunately for the friar his robes made the Groundskeeper believe him to be larger than he actually is and the blow isn't fatal.

FRIAR GREENMOORE

Although injured and in severe pain, you feel that physically attacking is for the best at this point and target his neck like Marcus. (4 vs 7) But you don't have the reach to hit him!

NIGHTCRAWLERS

(Initiative)

CLOCK DEMON

The force animating the multi-armed armor raises its weapons from Malleus and charges into the party with the intent to scatter them! (1, 3) Its left set of arms go for Nazara, the right set for Pierre. (8 vs 3; Massive Fail, Nazara counters: Major Success, 2d6-2: 7 damage.) But she rolls through and kneecaps the armor with her hammer on the way by! (8 vs 6. Minor Success, 1d4; 4 damage dealt) Pierre manages to fend off most of the weapons but still takes a hit to the ribs from a mace.

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

A little hit to the chest has never stopped you before. (3 vs 5+2) But in this instance you think you'll take a moment to regain your composure. You're not going to lose your cool in front of everyone.

MALAKAI RITT

(Looks like I jumped the gun on Draignean. >.> I don't want to drain his MP without him actually using magic, so... physical attack.) Seeing Nazara's success with her warhammer, you attempt to emulate it with your staff. (5+2 vs 2+2; Minor Success, 1d6-2-1 damage; 1 damage) You crack it across the side. The attack didn't seem to do much damage but on the positive side it probably weakened it.

NAZARA

You feel that if you're going to damage one leg, you might as well damage the other. It's more symmetrical that way. (2 vs 7+2) But the demon is aware of your plan and moves out of the way!

MALLEUS RAULAT

Recovering from the attack with the help of the cursed artifact, you raise your cross towards the demon! (8 vs 5+2. Minor Success, 1d6: 5 damage) The holy power of the cross burns through its defenses and it moves away from you, its armor burning where the cross touched it.

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:23:09 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 56 [In which there is a great annoyance]
« Reply #886 on: April 19, 2011, 09:29:31 am »

Fuck those 7's.

So I'm on the front? Use my sword, that way I can at least parry.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:31:55 am by Darvi »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 57 [In which kneecaps get busted]
« Reply #887 on: April 19, 2011, 09:31:38 am »

i belive we had an fight daemon? axe his armor open.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 19, 2011, 09:33:18 am »

By the way, I find it endlessly amusing when you justify Pierre missing as taking a moment to adjust his hat, or something. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 19, 2011, 09:37:00 am »

By the way, I find it endlessly amusing when you justify Pierre missing as taking a moment to adjust his hat, or something. :P
he french, an kill stealer, glory stealer and pretty much worthless aka an human kind of elf.
edit:i think i already told him hes an elf...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:41:47 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 19, 2011, 09:58:26 am »

Wait. That thing regenerates? Damn. This could take a while.

What do our surroundings look like?

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 19, 2011, 10:02:18 am »

he french, an kill stealer, glory stealer and pretty much worthless aka an human kind of elf.
edit:i think i already told him hes an elf...

>:(

I am the most fabulous man in the party, IronyOwl knows it, and nobody will tell me otherwise!

Attempt another stab in between the armor plates!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 19, 2011, 11:46:29 am »

This creature has my number.

History of Dwarmin vs the Groundskeeper

miss (2 vs 4), Greenmoore somehow misses entirely. o.O
miss (1 vs 4, -2 MP) Friar Greenmoore's spell fizzles out
attacked (6 vs 2. Minor Success, 1d6: 5 damage) It strikes him across the chest!
miss (4 vs 7) But you don't have the reach to hit him!

:'(

I thought we were in a crypt type thing underground. If everything goes bad, we should collapse the ceiling on it and run away...lol

OR, let's try and light it on fire-I doubt it can regenerate from that.
We got a load of torches and lanterns, flammable oil and an old guy who can shoot fire from a book.

I mean, remember your loot a few turns back Talarion? Cans of gas, for making fire!

Come on, SeriousConcentrate did everything but leaving us giant flashing letters as clues that spell USE FIRE LOL

Burn the unholy creature with flame!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 19, 2011, 11:49:24 am »

I still believe that the sandwich is a chekhov's gun.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 19, 2011, 11:51:55 am »

Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 19, 2011, 11:52:49 am »

It would have to be a very tiny gun to fit inside a sandwich!

hurr hurr
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 19, 2011, 02:56:40 pm »

^^; Sorry Dwarmin. Guess the Groundskeeper wants to put another Mistbridge monk in the ground. As for the sandwich, I can think of a few different uses for it, but I'm sure y'all can come up with three or so for every one I've thought of. >.> Fire's always a good idea when battling the creatures of the night.

And finally, yeah, I do have fun lampshading Pierre's fails. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 19, 2011, 03:26:07 pm »

Attempt to make a massive maul head on my staff made of pure ice, then beat the crap out of the demon. Using my bonus this time.  >:(
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 19, 2011, 04:22:32 pm »

You're right, you do have a +2 bonus. So you still hit but now I'm refunding the demon 1 HP to make up for the one it shouldn't have lost. >:3

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 19, 2011, 06:58:02 pm »

Damn, regeneration. That is bad. But if we set it on fire, hopefully the continious burning will counter the constant healing. Throw the contents of a gas can on it dude!

Daniel keeps infront of the Friar so to protect him and tries to attack the creature with his cross when it's not looking.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 288