Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199666 times)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 50 [In which Nazara has a very good arm]
« Reply #795 on: April 11, 2011, 01:28:24 am »

Head down the stairs

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 50 [In which Nazara has a very good arm]
« Reply #796 on: April 11, 2011, 08:49:17 am »

WOLVERINES

Everyone takes a look around the place. (7, 3, 8, 7+2 Herbalist) Daniel finds a room full of nothing but potted plants. He spends a lot of time identifying which ones are useful, then converting them into powders and pastes for his kit. Marcus finds red metal jugs full of a strange liquid. They're too heavy to take many, but he grabs a few anyway. (Marcus gets 3x Cans of Gas!) Friar Greenmoore's searches tear apart one of the room almost entirely, but all that he found was a strange coin. Made of bronze, both sides featured scales, one white, one black. The one raised depending on which side of the coin he looked at. (Friar Greenmoore gets Karma Coin!)

Wymar found nothing of personal interest, but his searches eventually uncovered what looked to be a switchboard. The scrawl labeling each switch was pretty much illegible, and each required a key. This seemed to be the way to open the crypts out in the graveyard.

(For reference, crypts are known to be at B5 and D2.)

(GK: ?. Wolverines: Green.)
A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 G1
A2 B2 C2 D2 E2 F2 G2
A3 B3 C3 D3 E3 F3 G3
A4 B4 C4 D4 E4 F4 G4
A5 B5 C5 D5 E5 F5 G5
A6 B6 C6 D6 E6 F6 G6
A7 B7 C7 D7 E7 F7 G7

NIGHTCRAWLERS

NAZARA & PIERRE

Evincing no fear of any probable traps, Nazara and Pierre head down the stairs and into the laboratory to take a look around. (3+2, 6) The room they are in is fairly large, with a few doors opening off to different areas. What concerns them most are tubes full of liquid along one of the walls. Floating inside several are miscellaneous body parts and organs; very few tubes have an entire body in them. The ones that they do find are grotesquely large and seem to be cobbled together from many different bodies. None of them seem alive. Abandoning that for the moment, they take a closer look around. Nazara finds a journal hidden among a stack of papers, while Pierre amuses himself mixing various chemicals together.

Nazara makes herself comfortable to take a quick look through the journal for relevant clues while Pierre goes nuts with the colored liquids. (Pierre gets: Chemical Bomb!) The journal is mostly dry, scientific stuff that's so far advanced it goes over her head, but the stuff she does get convinces her that person who wrote this needs to be burned at the stake for witchcraft. There are references to digging up the graves of fallen holy warriors to make powerful golems, and making pacts with chaos demons to produce scientific materials that should be impossible. A blade that cuts on its own using black liquid? Madness.

She turns a page and continues reading. The laboratory has a secret passage to the graveyard the family was getting corpses from. This same passage also connects to a tunnel system that could take them to a small town in the mountains. There is an oblique reference to leaving a 'guardian' to block the laboratory entrance to the tunnels.

MALLEUS RAULAT

You proceed down the hallway, kicking open each door with your axe at the ready. (7, 8, 1) The first room you enter is a portrait gallery. You collect a nice painting for the church and uncover a safe behind it, but you don't have a key for it. More's the pity. Leaving that room, you enter the next and find it to be a trophy room, with many animal heads hanging from the wall and several stuffed animals in various attitudes around the place. A certain tiger head has a red eye and a blue eye that glitter in the low light; you pry these out because they are very obviously a ruby and a sapphire. Finally, you enter the last room. A statue gallery. Nothing seems out of place at first, but just as you are examining one in the far corner, you hear a grinding sound. Behind you, one of the statues of knight has stepped off of its pedestal and is brandishing its sword at you.

(Malleus gets: Painting and Ruby & Sapphire Combo!)

MALAKAI RITT

You remove one of the coins from your pouch and the eagle feather from your cap. A quick stab with the pointy end of the feather produces a drop of blood, which you use to etch a design on the back of the coin. According to what you've read, the design will disappear on use, so the coin will still be usable as currency. (-2 MP, Ice Barrier spell charged)

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 51 [In which there are many items collected]
« Reply #797 on: April 11, 2011, 09:00:07 am »

Head towards the sound of a sword being pulled from it's sheath

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 11, 2011, 09:10:58 am »

Hmm... "Anybody of you found a key? Because this looks interesting."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 11, 2011, 09:59:52 am »

i challenge thee to an contest of arms, may the best of us win. charge him with the axe
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:48:01 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 11, 2011, 11:41:21 am »

Follow Nazara and pierre. Carefully watching out for anything that might kill my squishy self.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 11, 2011, 03:48:41 pm »

I'm not afraid of no 'Guardian'.

BEGIN THE HUNT FOR THE TUNNEL!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 11, 2011, 05:13:13 pm »

How else would we have opened the locked shack? We have a key ring. Open as many crypts as we can, right?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 11, 2011, 05:25:49 pm »

Hmmm, good point. But, let's unly open one at a time shall we? We don't want to unleash ten kinds of hordes of undead do we?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 11, 2011, 05:29:34 pm »

Well, there's always that...let's open the closest one first...

Action: Open crypt D2
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 12, 2011, 02:01:49 am »

JACKPOT! WOOHOO!! Does this mean I get a skill up? How much medicine do I have?

Hmm, it would be best to check the closest one first. We may find a way out or more loot in those things!

Give the key ring over to the friar and continue searching for more stuff.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 12, 2011, 02:06:50 am »

^^ You just had a skill-up, unfortunately. But get either two 8s in one turn or 3 more and you get another, then once you hit ten you get a class-up. Since you did roll above an eight however you can get two uses for your medkit before refilling instead of one. >.> Make sure you hold me to that so I don't forget.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 13, 2011, 12:53:59 am »

Keep the others safe.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 13, 2011, 04:44:06 am »

WOLVERINES

Marcus stays by the door just in case anything happens while Daniel continues searching and Wymar and Greenmoore debate how many crypts to open. (Daniel: 4.) Daniel finds some dirty clothes in a closet. They're really big, so they must belong to the monster running around out there. Regardless, he rifles through them and finds a moldy sandwich. (Daniel gets: Moldy Sandwich! Eating this damages you by 1d4. Why would you even do that?) Meanwhile Wymar manages to convince Greenmoore, who elects to open only one crypt: the closest one.

NIGHTCRAWLERS

NAZARA & MALLEUS

Ignoring the lab in favor of a sound she just heard, Nazara turns and sprints back upstairs, covering the mansion in record time to attack the same statue that's battling Malleus! (Initiative: N: 8. M: 6. S: 3.) (3+2 vs 8) The statue blocks her claymore on its own, then turns towards Malleus as he swings. (7 vs 4; Massive Success, 2d4x2; 10 damage) His axe smashes into it its left shoulder and forces it to a knee! But the statue is still alive and swings its sword at him. (4 vs 1+2; Minor Success; Wax Doll) The claymore's strike forces Malleus to take a step back but inflicts no damage thanks to his cursed artifact.

PIERRE & MALAKAI

The rather mismatched duo advance forward boldly, but the only other door out of the laboratory is locked. Instead of a keyhole, there are two indentations. They wouldn't be opening this rather solid metal door without the proper items, and they probably weren't keys.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

------

In other news, Ahra joins Darvi and Dwarmin as someone who needs only one more eight before I have to think of some advanced class skills before they get new abilities. ^^

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 52 [In which a real knight clobbers a fake knight]
« Reply #809 on: April 13, 2011, 04:48:20 am »

axe him.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 288