Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199472 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 34 [In which the GM just goes with it]
« Reply #465 on: March 20, 2011, 04:44:40 am »

I'll admit I ignored that because it made more dramatic sense to have three guys run ahead and meet Daniel lost in the woods, than to repeat myself and have him also going the same way and catch up with the three left behind. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 20, 2011, 04:59:10 am »

Woop woop. Wonder where half our party went and look for another path.

I think I'll take +5 MP as my skill-up. More daggers is always good.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 20, 2011, 05:04:54 am »

Look around. Notice that I got stuck with the unarmored folk, lacking endurance. "Hail." I will look at the newcomer suspiciously. "We don't have any crosses on us do we?" Take point, and stay alert for attacks... to make sure that none of the more frail individuals in my group get hurt.

(I'm the tank now. And since I'm not exactly damage takerish, I think I'll need to rely on ze Doctah to keep me (and the rest of us) alive.)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 20, 2011, 06:08:00 am »

"Oh, you mean one like this? I got it from a priest who was a past paitent of mine." Daniel gives a quick glance at Greenmore as he says this. "Perhaps it's best not to ask more about that. Anyway, these woods are quite off the beaten path as I have discovered. Mind if I ask why you are here?"

Well, I have a good amount of health so I could take a bit of damage for Greenmore and that. I fear that I will be needed quite a lot later on. I will be happy to be the medic of the group however.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 20, 2011, 06:30:24 am »

lol, tbh I'm actually doing it for my benefit. If only one party is fighting at a given time I only have to do half the rolls. >:3
I hate to burst your bubble, but how often is that really going to be?

Also, um. I kind of want to join, but all the good classes are taken. :<
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 20, 2011, 07:22:02 am »

... damn it. Every time I clear off the waiting list! *shakes fist* True enough, but I can dream. :D Anyway, if you want to join with a custom class, you can shoot me a PM with the details and we can hash it out. The skills that the players have and their class skills are all allowed, the only thing is your class skill can't be the same as someone else's. That reminds me, actually. Class skills need to be able to level up, right now Nazara's Executioner skill is better than Marcus's class skill. So whenever somebody rolls their tenth and twentieth eight, their class evolves. Which means the two characters I just mentioned have a class evolution.

Talarion, your choices are:

Skilled Hunter: You are especially adept at slaying a certain type of foe. (Damage roll against that foe is increased by 1; for example, a minor fail of 4 becomes a minor success of 5)
Swift Hunter: You are especially adept at reacting to danger. (Initiative rolls increase by 1) - Chosen
Adaptable Hunter: You are especially adept at finding a foe's weak points. (Random chance upon starting a battle to learn an attack effective against a foe)

Ze Spy, your choices are:

Alert Watchman: Years of subduing criminals have prepared you for the most underhanded sneak attacks. (Enemy counter rolls are reduced by 1) - Chosen
Durable Watchman: Years of long shifts enduring hours of boredom and being on your feet have toughened you mentally. (Rolls to defend against mental effects are at +1)
Protective Watchman: You became a watchman to defend others, and you're good at it. (When covering a party member, defense increases by 1)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:00:20 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile

Ohwaitdidn'tread

Alert Watchman
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 07:43:00 am by Ze Spy »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 20, 2011, 08:12:09 am »

Great. The way this is going we'll have god tiers when I still haven't reached level 4.

Also, oh the irony, Irony. Yes, I'm going to make as many posts involving the word irony as I can when talking to you :3

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 20, 2011, 08:16:07 am »

Me or Irony Owl?

Also to save everybody the trouble of going back and counting their eights, here's the numbers:

Talarion: 10
Ze Spy: 10
Ahra: 6
Darvi: 7
Krath: 6
Dwarmin: 8
Draignean: 6
Zako: No rolls yet

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 20, 2011, 08:17:09 am »

Dwarmin should have a 9 for that, for the meta-8.

Also, I was talking about Irony. Heh.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 20, 2011, 08:18:56 am »

I was about to ask you what you were talking about, then I was like, "oh, I see." Clever, but they only count as a roll. :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 20, 2011, 04:31:46 pm »

Friar Greenmoore is the first to speak plainly to the disheveled doctor. "Well, in truth, we quest for the evil at its source...the castle dracul', if you've heard of it. We've already faced many dangers, and we have not even gazed upon its fell battlements...I fear four members of our party are already lost...what is your goal then? Indeed, if you seek a safe path, walk in the opposite direction that we are taking! If fate, or perhaps random coincidence has guided you to us, then perhaps you would like to join us?

Do not mistake my intent-it is doubtful any of us will return from this, and my words must seem hollow in the face of such a task. But, it is your decision to make."

While the others wander around, Friar Greenmoore looks for some mana and health restoring herbs/food he or Daniel can use.
Guzzle the mana potion I was given. GUZZLE!

OOC: We've been seperated by evil plot trees!

Though glad to play with you again Zako. I remember you from somewhere. :I

EDIT: Overanalysis of new team complete!

Dwarmin: Ranged DPS, Blunt weapon, fragile defense. Fire Attacks/Holy Water, and one shots ghosts!
Zako: Hybrid DPS, Piercing weapon, average defense. Cross, Can heal!
Talarion: Melee DPS, Slashing Weapons, good defense. Holy water, good at ranged. (We need to get Talarion a boomerang or something. :O )
Darvi: Ranged DPS, Slashing Weapon, fragile defense. Light attacks, Foresight=GM help on decision rolls.

We lack any form of physical ranged damage, but we have all the 3 melee damage types. Thank God Zako took a knife!

Not strong in health points/melee attacks, of course.

We alot of mana though, good at ranged combat.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 06:11:58 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 20, 2011, 05:21:43 pm »

You're in my group right?

"You looking for this?" *hands the friar the mana potion*

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 20, 2011, 05:28:06 pm »

"Ahh, a gift. Thank you for your charity, friend!"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 20, 2011, 08:35:48 pm »

"Ahh, monster slayers eh? Well, your alright in my book then, just as long as you don't make a habit of mugging innocent people." Daniel sheathes his knife, brushes a lock of hair out of his face and shakes the hand of each of the party. "Well, I can see that I am far off the beaten path here and since your goal is ultimately that of helping people in general, I feel obliged to aid you in anyway I can. I would be glad to join your group. For a while at any rate." He grins widely, but the grin dissapears when he sees the wounds on the friar. "And I can see that I can already be of assistance. Well, why dont you just take a seat and let me have a look at those, and I will see what I can do. The name is Daniel King, Dr King when I'm working, but friends and comrades in arms call me Daniel."

Treat Greenmore's wounds as best I can.

Nice analysis of the team Dwarmin. I was going to take a spear but that seemed a bit too out of character for Daniel. A knife would be better, and it also covered the lack of piercing weapons. It seems like we have a nice balance in the group, though I feel somewhat sorry for the poor guys separated by the plot trees. Must be the work of Dracula!!! The sheer amount of evil in his plan is staggering!!

And I'm all over the place in these forums man, I remember playing in some kind of forum game with you but I forget which. :-[
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 288